Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Packs

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yes, I did bought US version from USA and delivered here.

Yes it`s works with DLC on both versions.

Race time is fixed! but I`m sure Vertica Black is fixed as well to avoid respawn while going up to a big bend before over the ramp and I did not tried other things due I`m still playing Euro game on US UMD.

stevie

Any word on other bugs in the US version like the ambient sound problem?

PSN ID
    Bastou85 - 3.90 M33-2 333mhz

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    I`m still playing Euro game on US UMD.

stevie
    Do you mean the euro save file is compatible with the US version ?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

The answer is yes.

Dogg, about the music?, I has not tried them yet.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Thanks much, Stin, for this information!

Sounds like the transition to the U.S. copy of Pulse is pretty seemless for folks that started with the PAL version-- which is simply fantastic news. Now all we need to know is whether U.S. DLC is compatible with a PAL version of the game... but there's no way to test that yet!

Hmmm, I don't suppose that SL added, you know, a Free Play mode to the game in the U.S. release?

Stin, no not the music. I meant the problems in this thread - http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...=ambient+sound

PSN ID
    stin_wz

AAAh right!

I did checked Fort Gale as you described few minutes ago, all I can hear the winds, water noise but no crowds noise even the crowds are there.

Hope I gave you the right answer?

Frances_Penfold, wrote...
    Code:
    Now all we need to know is whether U.S. DLC is compatible with a PAL version of the game... but there's no way to test that yet!
    I would believe so it will work!

stevie

Thanks Stin, that's what I wanted to know! Seems they didn't fix that bug. In a way, I'm kind of glad - if I thought the US version was completely bug-free, I'd have been tempted to get it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Great infos Stevie, thx to cleared this up for us

+1 thanks Stevie for taking the plunge - I`ve ordered the US version now so I don`t have to worry about blowing up! With the massive power of the £ at the moment I think it`s possibly cheaper to get the US version than our own.

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Question

Ever since I started hearing those complaints about the crowd sound bug I've been wondering; 'What's the big deal?'. I never really noticed this myself and nitpicking over every tiny bug (and I don't mean the major ones) seems like a huge waste of time to me. :/

Sure, it's a waste of time for you if you don't notice it. I don't notice the race time bug because I'm not a competitive player. That doesn't mean there's any reason for me to say it's a waste of time for people to bring it up. It means a lot to some people.

And there are no end of other bugs. Obviously, as someone who stopped playing the game due to the crashes, they mean something to me.

There should not be bugs. And there aren't bugs like these in most PSP games. So it's not exactly nitpicking.

As for the sound, personally, I feel sound is hugely important. One of the most defining WO moments for me is hearing the roar of the crowd on Altima for the first time. It felt huge. Sound makes the atmosphere. That's the big deal.

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Well, let me put it this way; I did notice it, and still do. And while I could be getting worked up over this, I simply tolerate it, for when I surrender to the whole 'this and that isn't working and that is missing' it'll ruin the fun for me, because at the end of the day, it's still just a game. I do not wish to take those things more seriously than things that do require my attention in life. It's just a negative spiral for me that'll only make me crave for more and better things. Now, your case is something different because of all the frequent crashes and endless loading times (from which I suffer, too, but not the crashing). SL is obviously not responsible for this, and I while I could spend endless amounts of time blaming the gaming industry, I prefer not to. Was it worth putting down all that money for a PSP just to play Pulse? No. But I'll manage. Of course it's ridiculous putting up with this while all we want is a bit of entertainment... In this light my previous doesn't make sense anymore, and I'm sorry, Dogg Thang.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

If it wasn't worth the money why haven't you got Pure??? You don't know what your missing!!!!

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Well, since it's only 12 euros in the store down the street, I'll pick it up ASAP.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah and don't forget to grab those free downloads, essentially doubling the size of the game, the complete Pure package is a great deal at that price

PSN ID
    Bastou85 - 3.90 M33-2 333mhz

They should make some free content for Pulse as well, I wouldn't mind a few old tracks with optimized graphics. Not like they would have to work a lot to do that either.

PSN ID
    backroom

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Yeah and don't forget to grab those free downloads, essentially doubling the size of the game, the complete Pure package is a great deal at that price
    Turn 3 Leagues and 4 Tournaments into 7 Leagues and 9 Tournaments more like.

Anyway, notice the declining popularity of Mirage and Icaras packs.
    Everyone who wants them has got them so no one else downloads them, ie. they get 'less popular'

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Quote Originally Posted by P52Smith View Post
    Anyway, notice the declining popularity of Mirage and Icaras packs.
    Everyone who wants them has got them so no one else downloads them, ie. they get 'less popular'
    What do you mean by this? Auricom and Harimau get more downloads because everyone already has Icaras and Mirage? I don't follow that logic.

I just want Icaras on US Pulse

PSN ID
    wickedwill1993

i think some people are over reacting saying "ooo im gonna trade my copy of pulse back in the store as well as my psp" i cant remember if someone used them exact words but close enough. any way what i mean is that all it is is £3.99 for the most expensive pack which you don't even really need. yer sure it would have been nice but think of the other psp games that don't have download packs.
    and yes pure packs were free but sony is a business that has to make money. but i still don't know why they have put a price on... oh well
    anyway i dunno what the point of this reply was but its my opinion so there!
    Last edited by solidsnake; 10th March 2008 at 06:31 PM.