Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 10 Things I hate about WipEout Pulse

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TheEchthroi

well, I think the problem with Outpost 7, was the fact that the track in some areas were just way too ridiculously narrow[other than that portion of wide open space].

I remember in that game XGRA, there was a track with lots of wide open spaces, but it had tons of pillars in between that you had to dodge. I think that would have worked out better in creating a challenge. The rest just needed to be a littttle wider.

As far as bugs and glitches go, in eliminator mode, or if there's just too many weapons flying around at once, the sound starts to skip.

Other than that...Pulse hasn't froze on me...ever. Runs clean as a whistle.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KomatosRecords

Glenfidditch and Jameson's: the gentleman's Scotch and Whiskey.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

There is too low amount of FPS in some scenes (especially in Eliminator Mode on tracks with transparant track surfacing) :-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Yes, NightArh, I believe you. We love OFW, and we love to suffer from low fps.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I am not so strong in English what does mean abbreviation OFW? Original FirmWare? Or something else?

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

It stands for Official Firmware, and CFW stands for Custom Firmware, but we're not to discuss that here, or we get our wrists slapped!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

One more thing... I have 82 audio tracks on MS in Wipeout folder, but the game recognizes only 30

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I can tell you one of the ten things i hate about Pulse. One is when bloody Mr Croatian nudges me off the track on Tech De Ra twice in one race. Other than that Pulse is pretty ****ing awesome.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

@KIGO - hahah! Yeah, getting smashed around by arch is one of the things that I hate about Pulse too (or maybe all 10)!

@NightArh - The game just does only recognise 30 tracks. It says it in the manual somewhere. Also, make sure they're .mp3 - I was well ****ed off when I found that none of my .wma tracks showed up

I don't think there are really 10 things I hate about it though. Only the constant ****ing respawns get to me. I even get them in the middle of the track!?!
    Overall though, it's up there with the best games of all time IMO.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Just to answer Nightarh's post:
    Pulse can ONLY recognize 30 tracks in the custom playlist. I believe the manual states this on what to do.(not sure)

So, unfortunately, you'll have to pick out the 30 best tracks out of your 82. It was hard for me to decide when I did it, as I wanted as much of my music collection as possible. Ahhhh...choices, choices....

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Me too I did the same

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

I hate the thing that I need to play the game on the "default" cpu online.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Angry 10 things I hate about WipEout Pulse reply

You know, the one thing i hate is the DLC problem. It's not right for people in Europe to get it and we people in America CAN'T! I like Mirage, but because of the DLC problem, i CAN'T race with it. very ironic. well. i hope i find a way to get them or i could just argue with Playstation. and yep, some tracks are very boring. i feel like im wasting my time more than enjoying the thrill

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Boring? Care to elaborate? Coz you can only get bored of a track once you've mastered it... and I see no evidence of mastery, on your part...

... Pulse, boring? er - No!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yeah true, Ace ! But it's boring to race tracks without improving, hard games are usualy boring, because it needs will to improve, what a boring concept !!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Wanna something new in Pulse... Oh. I ve just remembered one thing... I am still without DLC

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

It can get boring if you don't have the will to improve your piloting skillset - true, very true! Cheers Leungbok!

Night - Aah! The DLC! lol! I don't have it either

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    AppleJack052570

I don't play Pulse much. If I do more than a few races my hands tend to cramp up and makes it hard to play

The only thing that irritates me about Pulse is Sony's idiocy in not lettung US players get the DLC (or putting out the PS2 version in the US). I have naver understood why they flat-out refuse to let US players have the DLC, even though Pulse itself is available on PSN for download. I personally like Harimau, but I'll never get to race with it on Pulse because it's in one of the DLC packs and the morons at Sony don't want the US players having the DLC.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Yeah, it really does seem that way...
    To make it even more ridiculous, the DLC actually works on the US version of the game. All 4 packs combined are about 35MB or something, so it's not a bandwidth or space issue. They can't even use the "Well... uh... there's no market for them in the US." excuse, because they went and put the game up there for download.
    There's really no excuse for them not putting those packs on the US PSN Store. Unless there's some licensing issue, but I can't think what that could possibly be...
    Last edited by MrSmadSmartAlex; 10th July 2010 at 07:45 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Could it be that Sony are asses it does sound quite probable - this love hate relationship with sony reminds me of my relationship with my x-gf... schit happens, but its a passion we can't do without LOL