Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout-Game.com rankings tables

I think the point is that with best TT lap and Speed Lap records to try for you have two different ways and game modes for doing the same thing, which is doing one lap as fast as possible. I agree that merging them would be a good solution. I think we assumed, falsely, that best TT lap would have to be from your best race, otherwise there`s no point having it, as it just duplicates what you get in Speed Lap, but it`s a pain to have to do it twice, and in TT you get less laps to try. I hope that makes sense!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yep. Makes sense. I admit I don't really like speed lap that much - I'd rather take care of two things at once - hotlap and try to improve my racetime. Once I feel I've nailed the hotlap then I try to duplicate that line for the whole race. (Not that it happens often)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    cool down guys, we know that we are all different and have all various reasons to be here, but there's one main which unified us : our love for WipEout, never forget that.
    I am the 1st to say i over-react from time to time on a comment which personnaly affects me ( we are all humans after all), few days later it's generally forgotten cause i know that is hard to change someone so i try to make abstraction of the bad parts to only take the good ones in consideration.

Moreover we are one life and wipeout is a niche game so we must have ALL talentous pilots staying here together.

Shall we go back on topic now ?
    since I made a comment about buddy list for the online play that you strongly disliked,
    my aMSN is telling me that I'm not in your MSN buddy list anymore.
    since then I haven't seen you online which tells me I'm on your ignore list.
    which in it's turn is totally up to you, of cource.

so, is this the kind of an over-reaction you are talking about, Arnaud?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Spot on Pavel, you did a comment that affected me and few of my friends, that is why i got that reaction and put you into the ignore list. But like i said to one of our member of the zone we share you & I the friendship , this is a private affair between you & me Pavel, no needs to wash our stincky clothes in front of the community, right ? ( french expression, hope you can understand it )
    That is why to let you explain my opinion i am gonna PM you directly.
    [end off topic]

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

heh! I like that expression.
    anyway, let's don't worry about that, arno coz it's all water under the bridge

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by guillaume View Post
    Well ok, but why would you want to sprint during a marathon?
    Think of a total (time trial) racetime as a conglomerate of many little hotlaps -- in effect one giant hotlap. Fortunately we don't have to be tactical with our enegy conservation as one would in a real life situation, so the idea is to leave flames in your tracks from beginning to end in search of the best possible racetime. Works for me.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Tbh I didn't mean much with this metaphor, it was more of a wink to yours

Anyways, I don't think in most cases one can achieve a best race time by doing hotlaps.
    Because in many races, using the turbo just before the finish line is not the optimal spot to use it.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Exactly - The Amphiseum White springs to mind as a track where that technique is less than efficient.

Ash-Omen just took over as No.1 ranked player - congrats ASH.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Quote Originally Posted by Au_Xtr3me View Post
    Really? I've done 4 online races and won all of them, and I'm ranked 194th of 1982 racers. As well as having 23140 points, and whenever I win new races or set new records online or single player, my score doesn't go anywhere.

Maybe its being tested and fixed or something. I know that KANDANG holds almost all the Phantom records but doesn't appear to be in the top 100.

SOMEBODY BETTER FIX THIS PROBLEM
    Hi, I'm guessing the idea of the "Ranked" option is more of getting an idea of who is winning more races online than getting good times, because to keep track of race times and TTs and speedlaps we already have the best times tables for each track
    It's good to know we have another incentive to play online and try to bump up your position. So possibly people on top of the Ranked table play online a whole lot.

I was first until today, but I haven't play online for days and Ash took first place, so good job there ash!

And I noticed that the ranked positions take time to update.
    Also, check if those 4 wins online were against the same people, I recall someone saying that your score will go up only if you beat different pilots.

Hope this helps

Have fun!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

Rob wrote the following about the ranking system:

Ranked is your respective performance against other people online. The more different people you play and win against, the higher your rank. If you play the same people all the time and win against them all the time, the effect this has on your rank will decrease over time.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

i've tried playing with tons of different ppl and winning like 8-10 games with no losses,updating my profile and only got about 3-5 points.

no idea why.
    and no they're not on venom. but against top 10 too

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

I have also had a hard time understanding the distribution of points for the ranking. Sometimes I only get a few points (5-20) when expecting more, and sometimes I get much more than expected. Yesterday, for example, I was startled to find out that I gained almost 1000 points from the racing I did during the evening.

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

It's a shame you can't upload your times just by connecting the PSP to a PC by a USB cable.

I don't have WiFi at home so I'll have to wait till I go to a Circuit City or something to upload my times. Do you upload from within the game, or do you have to go to www.wipeout-game.com on the PSP's web broswers?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Welcome back to the zone ( almost 2 years and half since your last visit )
    Actually you upload your whole profile within the game itself, into the ingame menu you can access to the ranking site.
    I am sure it won't hard for you in Usa to find a free wifi hotspot to let you do this.

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

Anyone know when the DLC tracks will be available in the online rankings?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Hi. I've hit the "Upload Profile" button numerous times and I still cannot see my rankings on Wipeout-Game tables. :/ What could be the problem? (Using OFW 3.71)

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Did you check other scores?, if not, then reload it again, that is what happens to me for the last two weeks.

Now, foxy did upgrade new Pulse records in his database and I`m putting my records in!.

Trust me, Rankings is not worth a ****, even I`m still checking.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

hi, I can't upload my times too, and I was wondering if it was the same for all or it's just me with my memory stick prob for exemple