Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout-Game.com rankings tables

PSN ID
    sakerbax

Default ranked on the ranking page

What does it mean?
    on wipeout-game's rankings board when you choose "ranked" as the gamemode

it'll give you the same result regardless of what speed or track you choose.. so i guess it's the ranking overall made by some average of your rank on all the tracks and modes but then why is my friend siniux who is still on grid 8 ranked as n.9 and kandang for example who is on first place of most boards doesn't even make the top 10?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

It measures your overall rank compared to everyone else.

I don't know how it's calculated but it seems that the best pilots are not where they should be. :-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

I think it's related to the online multiplayer results (time spent, number of wins…)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

Angry

Really? I've done 4 online races and won all of them, and I'm ranked 194th of 1982 racers. As well as having 23140 points, and whenever I win new races or set new records online or single player, my score doesn't go anywhere.

Maybe its being tested and fixed or something. I know that KANDANG holds almost all the Phantom records but doesn't appear to be in the top 100.

SOMEBODY BETTER FIX THIS PROBLEM

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by sakerbax View Post
    What does it mean?
    on wipeout-game's rankings board when you choose "ranked" as the gamemode
    Before asking questions and opening a thread which has been already created before, you should read the rules & guidelines of this site.
    For others who posted after you: read previous Lunar's post

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The thing I found out in the record tables on wipeout-game.com is: Your fastest lap in a TT race is staying on the tables eventhough you have made a new better race time in TT with a less good lap time. I think this is not fair.

I think in TT the race time is more important then the fastest laptime in the race. Otherwise there is no need to have speedlap. I would like to see that if you are beating your fastest race time in TT without beating your fastest lap within this race you are able to loose your spot in the record tables for fastest lap in TT. Your new times in the race are updated together with your new lower laptime in that race.

Otherwise we all first are going to hotlap in a TT race. Get ourselves a real fast lap in a TT race, update our profile and then going for the race time.

I see some people doing this, because it is possible. I don’t think it is fair. TT race is about the fastest race time. If this is fixed in the record tables and still people hit their turbo on the end of a lap to carry their speed onto the next lap to get their really fast lap within their race time it is okay. Eventually it will be slower to do so.

What do you all think about this?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Interesting point here Mad, i haven't noticed that. So your fastest TT laptime will stay and possibly not corresponding to your fastest TT racetime.
    I completely agree with you , they shall modify this cause it's a bit non-sense. Why adding a speed lap record then?
    Or they just stay like Pure was : a racetime and a laptime ( including laps done in TT or in freelaps).

agree completely, this has been bugging me too. Basically, it`s just a pain in the ass to have to "hotlap" in TT mode to get a good TT lap time, but some people will do it. Possible solutions for the future:

1. No TT lap records if we have Speed Lap records.
    2. TT lap record is the best lap from your best race.
    3. Use the Pure system, where we can use "freeplay" to set best TT lap time.
    4. In TT, turbos are managed by the game so you cannot "double turbo" in a full time trial. This is probably not a practical possibility.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes, look at Outpost 7 black TT race and TT fastest lap it is done with a different ship. KANDANG's times.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    1. No TT lap records if we have Speed Lap records.
    that would be the best solution.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    I think in TT the race time is more important then the fastest laptime in the race.
    Curious. That's like saying the trees matter less than the forest.

Still, I personally favour laptimes over total race times, however as I hotlap around the various tracks, the natural result of my effort are fast racetimes -- I don't necessarily aim for them, but I'm not entirely surprised when I end up with a top time.

And Lunar, the good thing about hotlapping in TT mode versus Speed Lap mode is when you feel you aren't going to improve on your best lap, you can still try for a good racetime as a secondary goal. Can't do that in Speed Lap mode, which is why I personally switched over.

- F

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I agree as well-- my preference would have been to have race records only under "Time Trials" and lap records only under "Speed Lap."

Well, my *real* preference would be to also have a free play mode that allowed me to play tracks uninterupted, and to set lap records... but I guess that's not going to happen.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

At Flashback Jack: I think you did not entirly understand what I am trying to say. Also I don't like it when you try to put my words down as if I say something stupid.

Second of all: Try to be modest, then other people have the opportunity to give you compliments. If you only uplift yourself and thinking that you are so good, other people can only put you down.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Sigh.

I find myself participating less and less in things around here precisely for the above reason; one can never know who their friends are, and those that preach respect don't feel the need to reciprocate. That's the feeling I get anyway, but of course I can't say I'm surprised -- in a group setting these sorts of things are bound to happen at some point.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

cool down guys, we know that we are all different and have all various reasons to be here, but there's one main which unified us : our love for WipEout, never forget that.
    I am the 1st to say i over-react from time to time on a comment which personnaly affects me ( we are all humans after all), few days later it's generally forgotten cause i know that is hard to change someone so i try to make abstraction of the bad parts to only take the good ones in consideration.

Moreover we are one life and wipeout is a niche game so we must have ALL talentous pilots staying here together.

Shall we go back on topic now ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks to Speed Lap mode, I don't see any real interest in lap times on Time Trials. I believe TTs are about consistency.
    Imo SL could just get rid of lap times records set in TTs. In a way it makes Speed Lap lose its interest.
    Plus setting new lap time records in TT is not as handy considering that you can only try every other lap (which gets me thinking, why 7 laps instead of 6, or 8?)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback Jack View Post
    That's like saying the trees matter less than the forest.
    Well ok, but why would you want to sprint during a marathon?

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

im having trouble with my records, there were there when i initially played a bit and uploaded them, but ive recently uploaded my profile again and now i have no records on the site :S whats going on?

my rankings are all "--/allracers"

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I think they're fixing it at the moment trying to remove bad times.

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

ooooh cos its done that for days now, i was just wondering what was going on with it, cheers for clearing that up

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

"Your fastest lap in a TT race is staying on the tables even though you have made a new better race time in TT with a less good lap"

I don't see why that is a problem? I also don't understand why there has to be two different tables just for laps (TT and Speed Lap). Why not just merge them, who really cares which mode you were in when you set the record? Goal in Speed Lap Tables: Set fastest Lap. Goal in TT Lap Tables: Set fastest Lap. I don't see the difference!

Every wipeout until now, your fastest lap could be from a totally different race than your fastest race time. I thought that was the whole point - to see what the lap barrier was and then estimate what the race barrier was. Maybe I just don't think as technically as some.