Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout-Game.com rankings tables

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I don't have broadband, nor wireless access.
    Lance, it's 2007, almost 2008! You're living in the past. Surely it's time you started looking at sorting this out?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bloseth

It's a free world. I don't have a TV

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Apologies to distract from the conversation, but I'm wondering if somebody could help me with getting my records posted on the website, and I didn't want to start a new thread on this already-busy forum.

I have gone online successfully, and raced a multiplayer game last night. I have also logged in to the website from my laptop... but I find that my times are not updated on the website? I have a placeholder name but there are no actual times reported.

Do I need to do something special to authorize the synchronizing of my times? Or is it just a matter of waiting for the server to "catch up" and get my times uploaded?

Any insights would be appreciated

PSN ID
    infoxicated

If you've logged into the PlayStation Network via the WipEout-Game.com link in WipEout Pulse, then you need to go to "Upload Profile" in the My Account area.

From there you'll be prompted to run a plugin, and when you do that you can click on the button that says "upload profile".

After that it'll be ten minutes or so before the server processes your profile and posts your times on the rankings tables. Hope that helps.

PSN ID
    jacenat

you have to access the website from WITHIN THE GAME just in case that didn't come across

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Lance, it's 2007, almost 2008! You're living in the past. Surely it's time you started looking at sorting this out?
    I'm living in the present with insufficient money to pay the truly necessary bills. Everything else waits. There is always a reason that people do or do not do any particular thing.

And now, back to the topic, which if I recall after all this time, was the official rankings tables?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

THANK YOU Foxxy and jacen-- I got it working now! Amazing to have an auto-updater for time trials after years of doing this by manual submission... I'm really glad this was implemented for Pulse

My best lap times are in Venom, for Metropia White (now ranked 6th) and Arc Prime White (now ranked 10th).

Most of my other times suck though-- time to get to work!

PSN ID
    damonhill0

I'm now online so i've uploaded my records. I'm down as damonhill0. I'm well chuffed at being third in the Moa Therma white speed lap rankings. It's the only track i've actually practiced at!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Precisely Lance
    Sadly i also got wrong entries into my profile : i have checked Phantom SR and got 4 fake scores ( my 2 beloved Tech de Ra, arc prime white & Basilico black ) that has happended to me into Tournaments like Stevie.

Last night i asked RR to send me his profile : he has unlocked phantom and got clean SR phantom, rapier, venom lines but 3 wrong datas for flash. As we can change the name of the profile, initials i thought it was a good idea to search for a clean one. Then store it into pc with regular record updates to keep it clean and be able to upload properly into the site.

I don't really want to build myself another clean profile maybe i shall go on with RR's one or if someone can send me his profile if it's 100% clean ( no need to have the 236 events done, only right after the final outpost 7 black unlocking : check your records and watch if fake times).

I'd like to know if you advice me to make an update of my original crappy profile into wipeout-game or waiting to upload it that a solution is found by SL ( patch for the game to give us possibilitie to delete our own entries like we can do with our ghosts or SL just deleting from wipeout-game the fake datas)

I am confident SL will do everything possible to fix that annoying bug on our pal version or fix it definitely for the ntsc version.

On a side note zone mode rocks : after famous road 66 in usa there's an unknown trip of 11 min racing whity Moa therma called zone 66

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

You.... fast dog!

Congrats on that, I'm sure it's just the beggining

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I have the first fake times in my profile, too. On flash class its 3 single races where there's 1 or 2 laps missing and an absolute bogus race time. I hope that there'll be a fix for this problem released (maybe within one of the soon to come download packs ) lateron.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

easiest would be to copy the Delete Data option from the TT mode.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I think I've found out some more information about the sr racetime bug in pulse. Last night I played the 12 race flash tournament on grid 10. All races went well (meaning I finished without getting destroyed) until I finally was eliminated while racing outpost 7. After that race I strangely got loyality points for four full laps, but I only managed to do two full laps and was blasted while doing my third. After the tour I looked at my records and voila - a wrong racetime with only two full laps (of four) done showed up. So my guess is, that the loyality points system was not implemented properly for tournament races... Whenever I finish a single race and get destroyed, I don't get any loyality points, even if I managed to finish a few laps of the race before getting eliminated.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Ouch!, I do feel you mate. That is the reason why I had done that in a different way, when my ship is ready to explode and I quit the race right away to prevent it and that`s how I do it.

I`m still thinking to get another profile which the only way keeps it`s clean.

stevie

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Just a few ideas for rankings, how about rankings for players who have eliminated the most online and GOT eliminated the most.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

You can get eliminated the most AND win the most races. Also, the best racer doesn't necessarily have the highest elimination count. In the grand scheme of things it`s completely irrelevant from a competition's point of view.

What I'd like to see though is the option to upload ones profile from PC too. There are many people that hardly ever go online with their PSPs but maybe want to participate in the rankings too, what with there not being Pulse records on WOZ (yet?).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

I just had a great TT session on The Amphiseum, setting a new phantom record.
    Though it is unsettling that this has been done with a Feisar...

For some reason it doesn't feel right

Anyways, back to TT.

Anyone know how the "Ranked" part of the official site works? The more times I upload, and the higher I get in the times tables, the lower my ranking gets. If you search for DjManiac21 you`ll see he`s surprisingly the "lowest" ranked before you get to only players with zero points. All the players you`d expect to be near him are also ranked in the same area, which makes me wonder if it`s all inverted somehow and DJM is infact the highest rated? I`m fairly sure it takes into account your times performances, but don`t know if online play is a factor.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

I think that's about right.

I'm not a great wiper... nowhere near as good as some of you here, but I've raced a LOT online.. I believe I've got about 330 races online and I've won about 50% of them... that might explain why I'm ranked somewhere near DJ. I remember when I first started playing, I played almost constantly online and I won nearly every race against less experienced pilots and it showed me with the least amount of points that was more than zero... so I suspect that yes, DJ is the number one racer right now and that it's a bug in the listing.

Otherwise, it just wouldn't make any sense.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Time keeping for Basilico is screwed up between Black and White.
    Since it's no Single Race issues, that apparently are workd on, I thought I mention it.