Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: concerning teams...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default concerning teams...

what you think is hardest, to use a feisar versus a skilled piranha player or to use a piranha versus a skilled feisar player?

oh, and this is the "is feisar for teh n00bs?" thread

PSN ID
    technicolour

The difference between teams is lowest in wipeout pulse than it has ever been, this is mostly to prevent one ship dominating the others in online play. regarding your question however, If we have a feisar pilot and pirahna pilot of equal skill, the feisar will most likely outdo the pirahna on the last 6 tracks (Amphinasium - Outpost 7) while Pirahna will take the lead on the first 6 (Talons Junction - Tech de ra), this is asuming the pilots are of equal skill and there are no weapons involved.

However, in your senario, a feisar versus a skilled pirahna will lose, regardless of track, and a piranha will lose versus a skilled feisar, regardless of track.

One could say feisar is the 'noob' ship, however to catch up with a piranha a feisar has to have a _perfect_ racing line, with perfect pitch control, meaning it's actualy just as hard to master feisar for non-technical tracks, as it is to master piranha for technical tracks.

Infact, upon further thought it could very well be a draw, or a photo finish. Feisar offers speed on corners, Piranha offers speed flat out.

Feisair is not 'for teh n00bs' by any means.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Totally agree

There are noticeable differences in Venom class, but as usual, the faster the class, the less diference there is between racers. it pretty much depends on your style, I got for fast heavy PIRANHA on slow classes, then AG-SYS, EG-X or even FEISAR on faster classes.

I think in Pulse there is a big diference as well between tracks, some are really bendy and technical and can severely change on their black versions, which is amazing since it adds a lot, they really feel different.

We'll see how it goes, it was a very good first weekend with a brand new version of Wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

oh perfect, a piranha and feisar reply
    ok I think i will take the way of the Feisar ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I'm amazed looking at the rankings in pulse just how many feisars are near the tops of the tables
    I guess that cornering ability is paying off

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I started off with AG Systems, but then defected to Qirex because I felt I needed a little more straight line speed - plus the AG Systems' handling was a little too twitchy for me for just learning the tracks.

Might have to switch back for faster speed classes, though, when I'll have more than enough straight line speed to handle.

They all seem pretty well balanced, which was the point this time around.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

So the conclusion is that the teams are balanced, but still different?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

They are balanced, yet have distinctive personalities.

I'm having a harder time with the twitchier teams too. I've been tempted to shove some sponge under my PSP's nub to create more resistance, which I think would make all the difference.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

The controls really ARE twitchy this time around, Joystiq's hands-on believes it makes the game easier and more accessable for newcomers, which I don't think. On Phantom the twitchy steering causes a lot of problems especially on mag strip sections that constantly need fine corrections. I'm having a hard time keeping my Piranha straight and it is the least twitchy of all, although it's much better than Pure's version. ^^ Love the new craft!
    Last edited by phl0w; 17th December 2007 at 07:02 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Did I read a post by egg that said it took months of testing to balance the ships out? Clearly a huge amount of effort goes into it if so. No wonder Colin wasn't happy about Pures Triakis. I'll say congratulations on some fine balancing for Pulse based on what others are saying, I've only used one ship so far so can't tell personally

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Totally going with Feisar 100%. I am very skilled with them, and I just couldn't use anything else.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Why the Mirage avater then?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

I'm inclined to believe the balance is there, however curiously there's more than the fair share of Piranha's dominating the top spots on the leaderboards. Attractive little ship, innit?

- F

Like others I`m really struggling with the sensitivity of the steering. Think I need a ship with handling of 1. It looks like speed might be a meaningful stat in this game - Pure was all about thrust (Triakis excepted). It`s going to be interesting times ahead as we see which ships come out on top.

PSN ID
    technicolour

The speed rating plays a more important role than the handling rating in the lower speed classes, Piranha does have a slight advantage in venom (For time trial at least, the low acceleration makes weapons play a bit more dangerous), reducing to perfect balance once you get up to phantom.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback Jack View Post
    I'm inclined to believe the balance is there, however curiously there's more than the fair share of Piranha's dominating the top spots on the leaderboards. Attractive little ship, innit?

- F
    Just wait till the Outpost 7 Phantom class rankings are getting uploaded.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

opposite to many others, by reading here, I'm totally ok with 8-9 handling, 6 is too stif for me!
    that's why my favorite in pure became the puma1!

PSN ID
    jacenat

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w View Post
    The controls really ARE twitchy this time around, Joystiq's hands-on believes it makes the game easier and more accessable for newcomers, which I don't think. On Phantom the twitchy steering causes a lot of problems especially on mag strip sections that constantly need fine corrections.
    most newcommers don't go as far as phantom. i have the impression that pulse is faster than pure anyway. but i had a hard time adjusting to the new handling aswell.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I love Phantom mode, even though I'm a total WipEout n00b. I love the challenge. Games should be hard. You don't pay 50$ to rush throught a game. If the game plays like a movie (read: you don't have to do ****) it's not worth any money.