Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing HUD glitch?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Default Disappearing HUD glitch?

I've noticed after a bit of playing and sleep moding, that at some point after a while, all the numbers disappear from the screen such as posistion, time, lap, but not the speedometer or shield meter.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I haven't had that. Although I've noticed coming back after a sleep, your custom ship will revert to the classic skin.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Had that problem, too.
    Once there were no numbers at all on the screen.
    The only thing that seems to fix that problem is restarting - very odd.

I had several crashes now, by the way. That's very disappointing when you've just finsihed a race (or a tournament ) and the PSP crashes before saving. And then sometimes it just won't react anymore and crashes out of nothing. I had that feeling that too fast button pressing is too much for that little machine. So I'm careful when it comes to this

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

It looks like what's happening is the font resource for the regular white font isn't loaded properly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

That font problem happens so many times… It can be very annoying when starting a tournament online, as the only solution is to restart the psp.
    I also noticed that the console often freezes when looking at the stats (the moment i press left/right for another page)

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Yeah, I've had it a couple of times.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

haven't had a crash yet or a anything disappear.

I've had that happen a couple of times, I've also had it freeze after the track intro. But other than that, its great.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    rocketclowns

The only 'glitch' I experienced so far was no engine sound after sleep mode... Hope it stays that way ; ) !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

This is what I mean, after taking the photo, the PSP freezes completely. Sometimes, even the speedo, shield meter and lap counter numbers disappear.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Yup, I have had this glitch also. Restart, and good to go.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Thank god I'm not the only one who's having this problem. I was thinking I was going crazy. Either way, has anyone had the font vanish for the music tracks in pause menu too? Or am I the only one who's had that happen as well?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Only glitch I've had so far is the PSP freezing twice after it saves a photo.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

After grid 10, my position in races were not displayed anymore. So strange! reloaded and there they are again.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Online:

Strange thing though: I did a race earlier the night with a full grid and finished just before the finishline first. I showed in the rankings finished first but the times showed something different: It said I finished 0.05 later then second place!!! Impossible to say the least.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Dear Matt' same has happened to me
    i lost one race like that against WTF-of-Lord , i thought winning because i crossed the line 1st but beated my time by 0.02
    Lag issue ?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Have you tried disabling the hud completely then re - enabling it? It may act like an F5 button for Pulse.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I've never had this disappearing HUD glitch, however I was wondering if anyones had the 'disappearing plasma glitch' the Plasma is invisible from launch, sometimes you can see it impact a wall, the impact effect shows up.

Tampere, Finland (Land of Xios and Outpost 7!)
    Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Shozovulnai

First post!

Anyway, this HUD glitch is quite common with my copy of Pulse as well. I find it particularly annoying to spot in the middle of the race if I hadn't paid attention to the HUD in the beginning of it. It's occurence is random - I guess - but it usually happens if I've played a long session. Usually 9+ races and WHAM - glitchy HUD. Sometimes more races. I've never encountered the glitch occuring in the middle of a tournament.

I've also had several freezes and a weird incident where all the sound effects faded away in the menu after the race and it affected the PSP's XMB-menu too.

But nothing a good ol' reboot can't fix! And yes, I'm not using any custom firmwares or such, my PSP is the fat version and I don't treat my console or UMD's like dirt. Guess the glitch is caused by a glitchy batch of Pulses, which is a bit sad. Reminds me of the Soul Calibur III incident where the infamous Save Game corruption happened worldwide but this isn't anything THAT severe.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Well, I wouldn't say that, seeing that several people already had their savegame corrupted. The game freezing occurs with all copies either, so no "bad batches", unless you'd call them equally bad.
    There ARE several bugs again, the HUD glitch is only one of them. Most of them occur after you wake your PSP from sleep mode. My copy for instance freezes every time I am scrolling through the stats.
    You are right that they are probably not that severe, except the savegame corruption, but seeing that similar bugs plagued Pure too, it really is annoying.