Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Advancements!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

LOL! good idea .. let's see -- i got 8 online eliminations according to my stats

where can I fit 8 tiny death skulls? hmm ..

or just make X es?

heh

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Default RE: Ioyalty Gague

Does every bar represent a skin?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

heh i wish it did. no, the bars are there to make you feel worse because you still have a long way to go.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Oh Craphell. I have a lot to go for my flying hocky stick!

up for a few more races, get the times cut in half? Maybe that'll work?
    Last edited by mdhay; 27th December 2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Clarifying grammar mistake

PSN ID
    Alex_Se

I'm still on the 6th grid on the last section (last night i said i was on the 1st grd but i meant 5th, now i play a little more i'm on the 6th)

Using Feisar and i got 2520 loyalty.

Favourite Type of game: Zone and elemination (i love destructuion).

Playing since Christmas.
    Last edited by Alex_Se; 28th December 2007 at 02:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Well everyone else is busy playing, I'll keep this thread going. Still on Grid 8...halfway there, haha!! If it wasn't so tempting to race infrastructure all the time I'd spend more time actually unlocking the game. Oh well!

It`s taken me just short of a month to reach grid 9 Partly because of online play, partly life, and because a new Wipeout doesn`t come along very often I like to take my time.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yeh, I like to take my time too

I'm on grid 12. just unlocked phantom 1 but can't even win the talon white race

so I'll concentrate on getting all golds on grid 11 and 12 first, before trying again with phantom

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Done all the Grids with two max ships and well over 55hrs of playing.

Now I`m concentrating on Zones atm.

stevie

PSN ID
    emwu23

I almost finished first phantom grid.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

I have only one event left now -- the twelve race tour in the fourth phantom grid. I assume that it consists of all the black tracks. Two teams have > 50.000 loyalty points: AG-SYS and EG.X. I have played the game for slightly less than fourty hours.

One race left to Gold on Grid 11, then onto Grid 12.

Unfortunately, I was eliminated for the first time in a race during a tournament and my single race records a FUBAR.

I created a flash and rapier Speed Lap grid based on the top three time on the online tables and am having a go at that also. I guess I need to brush up on my track knowledge at the moment.

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Talking 100% Loyalty reached with Qirex, Frustrating AI issues, and other stuff :-D

Just wanted to say that I finally reached 100% loyalty (100,000 pts) with Qirex last night and have really been enjoying my time playing Pulse. I've only played the game game on Hard difficulty which has given me a ton of loyalty points and I guess made it easier to reache 100%. I'm stuck on my final race on Grid 9 which is the ever increasing, beyond frustrating, Hard difficulty Rapier Tournament. Now I know I'm playing Hard difficulty and all, but this difficulty really is no different than the frustrating issues we had with Pure which is there are WAY TOO MANY WEAPONS on the damn track!

Its no big deal if your playing single races where you can just play a track over and over again til you "get lucky" and beat it in first place, but when your in a tournament of 6 races, and its a flip of the coin whether you are crushed by an onslaught of weapon attacks, or not, then it becomes a problem. I'm really trying to keep the difficulty up on Hard as I've been able to work through the game up til this point, but is it me or does it seem like you take an increasing amount of damage from scraping the wall as the speed classes go up. Not only am I struggling with weapon damage, but I seem to still be dropping a lot of shield power when I scrape the wall as well. Using Qirex, they've always had a good balancing of speed and durability but Rapier Pulse is really a challenge. lol.

Overall, I think the Hard difficulty is not the problem, moreover, the over-abundance of just too many weapon pickup's on the track. The game goes from strategic race, and battle to fight for your life space shooter, while having a side game of trying to get first place.

All in all though, while I have that issue with Pulse, as I also had it with Pure, I still think this is the best Wipeout to date. I also finally tried Outpost 7 after unlocking it close to the end of 9 and don't think its as bad as I'd read here. Its tricky, but I honestly think Citta Nuova was worse in some aspects.

Good job once again Studio Liverpool. My only suggestion for future Wipeout's is that there should be a "Number of Pickups on the track" option in the difficulty settings. That way the player can customize the racing / battling aspects of the track, rather than be forced to pilot through an onslaught of weapon attacks while trying to reach first place.

On a sidenote, I can never find any games active online. I saw them when I first got Pulse and played a few, but haven't seen any since. Is it because I'm playing from the USA?

Here are my basic stats so far:

Race Campaign events complete / total - 125/236

Race Campaign Gold medals won - 125 / 236 Golds

Race Campaign total points won - 375

Racebox races played - 11

Custom grid events created - 0

Gametime Race Campaign - 21:11:14

Racebox - 18.27

Online 2.52

Laps per ship - Qirex 2144

Ship Loyalty - Qirex 100000
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 16th January 2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: No need to create a self satisfaction thread, you can post it here , simply...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

about the online games; i'm in the US and play online with others all the time. i have noticed that there are fewer games in the lobby, most likely because people are getting too lazy to make their own or something lol. but when i create a game, within seconds, people start joining.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I just started playing the 3rd Phantom grid. I have been playing through the entire game on "medium".
    Last edited by Vincent_VII; 16th January 2008 at 09:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I'm still on grid 10, and have been playing with it set at "medium" AI which I know is not normal around here.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I'm just starting the Phantom grids-- just about everything else is fully completed with gold medals (mostly with "hard" AI except some of those OP7 tracks )

The time trial and speedlap challenges on Phantom are surprisingly easy-- they definitely have a low bar in term of times-to-beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker X View Post
    On a sidenote, I can never find any games active online. I saw them when I first got Pulse and played a few, but haven't seen any since. Is it because I'm playing from the USA?
    I'm in the U.S. as well (EST) and I find that it entirely depends on when you go online. Most players are in western Europe and hence 6-7 hours ahead of EST (or, uhm, 8-10 hours ahead of western U.S. time zones).

If you target your playing to mid-evening and late-evening by western European clocks, I find LOTS of players. If I go on at midnight EST, there are very few.

Probably (hopefully) this will all change once the game is released in North America

I.e., then you can race the good racers (Europeans) between 8 and midnight GMT and the crappy racers (Americans) between 8 and midnight EST

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

I find that last bit offensive

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

I thought you Loved 'your European Union'!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

no, no he loves his United States but feels a strong connection to his European Union because of his heritage and its sentimental value

A person torn between their passion for their country and the countries of heritage... (I sound like Shakespeare or something)