Thread: Zone mode in WipEout Pulse

Default Zone mode in WipEout Pulse

Hello everybody !
    It's been a very long time since i didnt write a post.

I played like 3 hours of Pulse, and my feelings about zone mode is that it is harder !
    The speed seems to increase faster !
    What do you think ?

oh, and anybody knows where the voice stops to say "zone X cleared" ? In pulse it was 45 or so i think

ciao =)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

I think the Zone is "Much" better in Pulse. It's smoother, Brighter, More transitional as you go along. I also love the fact that you get to practice the actual tracks that you'll be racing on... A big improvement (for me anyway) over the Pure Zone.

I also really like some of the colours used in the Zones. Make it a lot easier to see what's happening.

As for when the voice stops..... haven't got a clue. I find it hard to get past 30 (Well, impossible as of yet) but i'm working on it.

thanks for your answer !
    In pure i was able to reach zone 65 - 70 but in pulse it seems to be more difficult. but i need to practice, actually i don't know the tracks =)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

20 gets you into Phantom mode, 35 into Zen. Between is Super Phantom. Is there anything beyond Zen?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I've managed Zone 46 and the last notice I heard was 40. I'd imagine it goes a bit beyond that too. I doubt there's anything beyond Zen... maybe Nutter?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Too bad I haven't found a way to get Zen in normal races..
    Last edited by Lance; 15th December 2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Redundant quote removed. Please read the forum guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I don't know if the speeds increases faster early on or if the gap between the different classes is wider later, but you definitely go sub-venom -> rapier a lot faster than you go rapier -> super phantom

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Yes, it's laps 5-12-20 (flash-rapier-phantom). 35 and on cleared being "zen". (or was it 30?)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It's 35.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I've managed Zone 46 and the last notice I heard was 40. I'd imagine it goes a bit beyond that too. I doubt there's anything beyond Zen... maybe Nutter?
    Nutter, oh yes!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by B-one View Post
    thanks for your answer !
    In pure i was able to reach zone 65 - 70 but in pulse it seems to be more difficult. but i need to practice, actually i don't know the tracks =)
    Nice, really nice achievement. I think zone mode in pulse is indeed harder. It is because the tracks were not designed to be specific for zone. I think it is a great addition to be able to fly zone mode on all the tracks and especially the change of enviroment with all new colours. I really like it!!!