Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playlist won't play MP3s

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

Oh, that was nothing Sausehuhn.
    >xEik, I don't know much of Automator, but it looks like you're right for the call thing. I also found that the app crashes when preventing home calls. What's strange is that it works fine when i'm disconnected… I wasn't wary of such a tiny app

So i had a search and found 2 apps that seem to do the same job (not tested yet) :
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9105/grimrippercm
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id...Container_link

or this one, but it's no freeware (12$95 ?? what)
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20036/blueharvest

Hope this helps. I'm trying these myself tomorrow
    Last edited by tapioca; 15th December 2007 at 10:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

While we are on the topic of mac computers and Wipeout, have you stumbled upon any solutions for using the Playstation Network to download demos and games WITHOUT having to use Sony's PC-based software?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I tried CrossOver but the installer didn't work. But maybe there's a way to get it working as the program does not seem too big and complecated to emulate, doesn't it?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Maybe someone should put a little word about MP3s on the main Wipeout-game site I bet there are a few folk wondering why it's not working, the manual isn't exactly a great guide, doesn't say anything about 44 kHz.

PSN ID
    Ash-Omen

i think ive found fix without all that changing bitrate, update too latest firmware since ive done that the tracks that dint work r now working fine, so if ur having problems with soundtracks try updating to firmware 3.80 unless ur on custom fw ofcourse.

might work seems to have worked for me

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

This might be a long shot, but try connecting to your pc, go in to the files, right click and select properties, find keep files hidden, and clear the box. this method is a definite long shot, but it may work.

PSN ID
    Ash-Omen

i dont think that would work the files shouldent be hidden anyway and i dont think it would effect the psp accessing them anyway try the firmware cos i was randomly playin and Nickleback-Rockstar started playin and that was one of the files that dint work bfore the upgrade havent tested the rest that dint work yet tho

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Talking Script to delete ._ files

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    I see "Switchback" in the playlist and then again "._Switchback"
    Since I'm on a Mac too and the tracks I ripped from my WO3 game in iTunes display this problem, I created a script that you might want to use. The nice thing is that it deletes the ._ files automatically when you add new mp3 files to the WIPEOUT folder.

1. Download the script (You can open it to see what it does, it is very simple)
    2. Put the script in the folder "/Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts/"
    3. Connect your PSP to your Mac
    4. On a Finder window right click with the mouse and choose "Configure folder actions"
    5. On the configuration window that appears check the option "Enable Folder Actions"
    6. Add the MUSIC/WIPEOUT folder from the PSP to the list on the left
    7. Add the "WipEout Music.scpt" to the list on the right
    8. Close the configuration window

Now, every time you add any kind of file to the MUSIC/WIPEOUT the .DS_Store file and all files beginning with "._" and ending with ".mp3" will be detleted from that folder automatically.

I hope you find it helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

I'm so confused.

so...I guess, the custom music feature is flawed? That's lame.

I tried to convert some WMAs to MP3s using Nero WaveEditor and they all caused my PSP to crash.

Then, I used some files that were already MP3s, and only a few worked. The others also caused the PSP to crash.

This is really stupid and annoying.

I think I'll just stick to the regular music list unless someone can help me out.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

Use a good encoder like lame, some Windows clients:

CDex
    Exact Audio Copy
    out_lame plug-in for winamp
    winLAME
    ZLURP

There has been some talk of the new download packs in combination with a custom soundtrack crashing the PSP, but this is not yet confirmed. You could try and see what hapens without the download packs though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

I realize i didn't thank you for the script, xEik. So here it is : thanks a lot, it works perfectly. Better than buying an app for such a small task…

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

Quote Originally Posted by wich View Post
    Use a good encoder like lame, some Windows clients:

CDex
    Exact Audio Copy
    out_lame plug-in for winamp
    winLAME
    ZLURP

There has been some talk of the new download packs in combination with a custom soundtrack crashing the PSP, but this is not yet confirmed. You could try and see what hapens without the download packs though.
    I haven't downloaded any packs yet.

so, either one of those encoders would help?

update: CDex didn't work.

by the way, how can I tell which MP3s will work fine and which won't? I feel like I'm shooting in the dark here.

UPDATE: the CDex DID work, but it was sending the files to a different folder. Everything works fine now
    Last edited by Kansas; 18th February 2008 at 11:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wichetael

Glad to hear it worked correctly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by tapioca View Post
    I realize i didn't thank you for the script, xEik. So here it is : thanks a lot, it works perfectly. Better than buying an app for such a small task…
    Don't mention it.
    BTW here is an improved version. It better handles filenames with non-english characters (Don't even ask why I was putting files of "Le Clavier bien tempéré" in my WIPEOUT folder).
    You just have to overwrite the previous script file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sl0k3_

Quote Originally Posted by qirex View Post
    <YourDriveLetter>:\MUSIC\WIPEOUT
    Thx, now it works!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 9

APOLOGIES FOR BUMPING THIS PERHAPS OLD THREAD. JUST REMEMBERED I FOUND THIS VIA SEARCH. A THOUSAND APOLOGIES!

Hi! Im new here and I have the same probs.

1/ Some wont play.

2/ If I change the file name, some that didnt play now play and then some that did now dont.

3/ I actually ripped my old 2097 GAME CD tracks (excluding the data track) and after media player butchered the names (it thought it was the SOUNDTRACK), I converted them to MP3 via the great "SUPER" converter (google it if you like. It converts almost any media file into another, like flv into mp3, mp3 into a mov file etc).

4/ Some worked some didnt in the game. Most notably:

- 03 Chemical Brothers – Loops of Fury

- 04 Underworld – Tin There

- 09 Fluke – V Six

- 10 Daft Punk – Musique

- 12 Photek – Titan

- 13 Orbital – P.E.T.R.O.L

It seemed weird that the new wipeout would not accept the old wipeout's music mp3 tracks so I even tried replacing them with poorer versions, first downloaded fromyoutube of all places, converted to mp3 via SUPER and then insterted into the folder.

Still, no dice, even though different tracks converted from youtube etc via SUPER DID work!

So, is there any noob-proof way to check the hertz or whatever it is (44 hertz, right?) and/or the bitrate and then convert a track to be "Pulse friendly"?

Im sure SUPER can do it, but im not that great. If someone could have a look and then either help me by using super OR by suggesting some nice freeware to do the job of converting them then that would be spendifferous!

Cheers!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I agree, SUPER is great It can be a pain to find the download link on their site though.

Anyways, your music has to be in 44.100 Hz in MP3 in order to work, and have a 'normal' bitrate. I know some songs I had were at a bitrate of 206 or 178 or stuff like that, and they wouldn't play. 'Normalized' to a standard bitrate of 192 (CD-Quality) they did work, so make sure they have that kind of bitrate, good numbers are 128kbps, 192kbps, 256kbps and 320kbps for good quality and optimal compatibility.

If that still doesn't work, formatting your memory stick after having everything backed up will work.

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Thanks! however, consider me a bit "Tim...Tim...Timmy..Tim...TIMMY!" in these matters.

How do I change any of these factors using, say, SUPER? Any idiots guides please?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

This is the correct settings for good quality music

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Would you like to have my babies? I'm sure I can spare a rugrat or two? Its either you or the pioneer research lab for extra spiky things into suple young flesh over at the crazy research lab in Maine.