Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playlist won't play MP3s

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Well, I set up SUPER as you said and converted them to 192bitrate and 44mhz....still nothing. The same converted tracks just WILL NOT WORK!

What the HELL is wrong with this game? Was it released unfinished? There are just SO many bugs? When I load up a race sometimes and press pause to see the menu, none of the names of the MP3s are in the playlist but the ones that normally play do work, leaving me with a "guess the soundtrack" option that I could do without.

Honestly, I have little or no sympathy for Psygnos- Sony if others are copying this game. It is'nt a game right now, its a beta test version at best.

Terrible. I suspect those that got a copied version are demanding their money back!

Now, can I ask another silly question please? If, I was a complete cretin and put more than 30 extra tracks into the playlist, would the Options/Playlist menue ignore any tracks that were over the 30 track quota? By that I mean would it not even register the file name?

Or:

1/ Is the limit 30 tracks TOTAL (including original tracks)

3/ 30 EXTRA tracks?

This is driving me NUTS!
    Last edited by Primal-Convoy; 28th August 2008 at 03:04 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

30 EXTRA tracks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yep as he said you can have all the tracks included in the game + 30 other tracks, the game will read the first thirty copied over into the 'WIPEOUT' folder on your memory stick.
    Also as I said if converting with SUPER to the settings above doesn't work, back up everything on your memory stick and format it.

Timezone
    GMT + 9

THanks! I removed the "offending" tracks from my game and gave them a dose of "Pendulum" audio goodness (check out their stuff at youtube).

However, I've encountered another problem:

- The game registers some tracks as "louder" than others (even when my PC and other mp3 players, WITHOUT dynamic equalising (or whatever it is called) is not in operation register the track as loud as or if not LOUDER than the other tracks!

Anyone else getting this?

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Yeah, I get this all the time. On my PC, they all have around the same volume levels, but when I put them onto either my PSP or my MP3 player, some are much quieter/louder than some.

This is a pretty common occurence, it's to do with the way the songs are recorded. Off the top of my head, newer songs are usually 'louder' than older ones, or the person who created the file cound have recorded via line-in or some other wacky method (Never actually done it myself - correct me if I'm wrong please!) and its fairly easy to rectify - open the track in SUPER (if you can do it, again never used the program) or download Audacity, and bump up the volume from there.

Darkdrium777 told me about this in the 'Post your Pulse custom soundtrack' thread, and my problem sounds very similar to yours. Cheers once again, mate!
    Last edited by Harvai; 1st September 2008 at 12:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9

You can also try downloading "MP3gain". It kinda "fools" your ears or software into making MP3's appear louder or quieter. And it doesnt actually re-record the file!

Have a look here:

- http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Alright I'm stumped on mine... Took the files directly out of iTunes (that should be Good!)..., It doesn't show each track's KHZ... just "MPEG 4"... whatever that means, I'm an idiot when it comes to file stuff, but I have everything laid out just like you gentlemen had discribed earlier... The songs come up in my music folder on the menu, but doesn't appear in the track list... got 18 songs only so far, but none of them show? I don't feel like paying any money just to convert them for Wipeout... are their any other means, as all my music is on iTunes already, and figuring this problem out would help out a hell a lot down the future...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

From iTunes you have to stip the DRM if any and you also must convert to MP3 (If it's an MP4 like you seem to imply), by using something like SUPER pictured above.

PSN ID

Ok so that's what that means... MP4... thanks a lot I'll look around for something free...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

You can covert directly in iTunes. Change the importing settings to 'mp3 encoder' with your desired bitrate.

If you are on iTunes 7 and under, this settings will be under edit->preferences
    Then go to the advanced tab, and the importing-tab underneath. Here you will be able to change encoder.

If you are on iTunes 8, it will be under edit->preferences
    Instead of the advanced tab, it will be under the general tab. Press the import settings button, and you'll be able to change the encoder.

Once done, right click any file and select 'convert to mp3' or 'convert selection to mp3'.
    It will make an mp3 version of the file and hopefully you will have some luck. To aid finding the files, right click the file and press 'show in windows explorer'

Hope this helps!

PSN ID

You rock insertcoin!! It worked!! Thanx a hella man...

Got my Bone Thugs, 2Pac, Slipknot, Korn and Twista favorites all on the game woohoo!!

EDIT: YYEESS!!! This is hella sweet!! Pulse just moved way up on my ranking, mabye it was just the music... Woo-hoo Pulse has just become so much more irresistable!!
    Last edited by Chill; 13th September 2008 at 10:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I can't imagine playing WipEout with 2Pac (I'm sticking with the original Dance/Electro style of music) but anyways glad you got it figured out

PSN ID

I think Bone thugs and Twista go better because they're ment to be at a faster pace... but I like the agressive feel from these artists, and Wipeout is freakin' aggressive these days, so that's what I have...

Trust me, I didn't like rap until I needed motivation to go to the gym, and now I love it. Yes it sais bad things, but I think those are for motivation to get aggressive rather than to believe, and that's where the stupid gangs and gang-member wanna-be people come from... I like it and call myself "Logangsta"... but that's just to brighten up the mood and get active and aggressive... that's the time when people are happiest, unless they have someone to love, which I don't, so I get active, listen to aggressive music and play Wipeout to stay out of the mope...

PSN ID

"Suicide Silence"

"All That Remains"

Jeeaah!!

Question

When I put my MP3 tracks on, they didn't even show up on the playlist - yet I followed the instructions exactly