Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD's Handling

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I do not think I care too much about using a NegCon for any future Wipeout, by the time HD gets here hopefully Sonys DUALSHOCK 3 will have made it's way to UK shores and since it is known that the motion sensing technology in the pads has gotten better since the first inception of the SIXAXIS then I think it would be ideal to use the tilt feature to control the pitch. I don't think however it should be used to outright steer the ship, barrel rolls would be interesting though.

Sony can't support neGcon because neGcons have not been made for several years. No matter how much I and many other players love the old neGGie, support for it is just extraordinarily unlikely to happen.

I wish that an improved version of the old design would be made, but that seems almost as unlikely as support for past hardware. I suspect that Sony will only support things they make themselves, that they control the reliable supply of.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Not sure about your last point, Lance.
    Logitech is making stuff for the PlayStation as well - with official Sony License.
    But I doubt Namco is still making hardware, isn't that right? So it is highly unlikely we will see a new Negcon made by Namco. And I'm not sure if third-parties like Logitech are interested in a Necgon-lookalike too much.

I think Lance thinks the same way i do about this, this happened too with Gran turismo, as soon as there was a console change and they saw the possibility for a new licensed product, they dropped NeGcon support.

However this action in some years brought to life the driving force pro wheel, which is, for GTs case, miles better than a NeGcon.

I am not that attached to the NeGcon in the way that i wouldnt play a Wipeout game if it doesnt support it (my job already takes care of that not playing part ) but i think its a past era for the rest of the world, not us, and maybe just maybe, someday, they will offer support for a new, better device than a NeGcon.

I have no doubts it might happen, but sixaxis doesnt convince me that way, sensor devices are laggy compared to directly controlled ones, plus there is no zero point feedback/lock which will make it very unstable to use.

but of course i can be wrong.

Such devices as the nintendo wii, are pure fun, in that i concurr, but Wipeout games (and of course others) have taken us into a more complex world where precision is vital.

Until the time a better controller comes up, i will always advocate for the very loved Neggie, and ask for its support, even though i know its a longshot.

you guys can stop crying now.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

I think HD should make use of pressure sensitive airbrakes, so we can be more precise with the ships when racing, i just dont like on-off-on.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4

Or you can think like a seller yourself... it's just a free project out their waiting to produce money... right? Game designers want what the fans want, giving them more respect and dedication from the public... thus directing more of the publics money toward them, so I don't see why this project would just be dropped...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    But I doubt Namco is still making hardware, isn't that right? So it is highly unlikely we will see a new Negcon made by Namco. And I'm not sure if third-parties like Logitech are interested in a Necgon-lookalike too much.
    the Guncon3 was released by Namco'Bandai a few weeks(couple months?) ago
    Namco could still make a driving controller if they wanted to, they just need a good game and some other company's to back the new peripheral up

-zer0shen

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

I see I have sparked an masive interest in the gencon

do the developers visit this forum????

can we get a petition going for this ???

if you want to know how stronly i feel about this then i'll tell you this, I took my playstation 2 back to the shop becuase wipeout fusion was so bad to control with out the neggie I get realy angry because wipeout was the one reason i bought a ps2.

I have now bought a ps3 in antisipation on wipeout HD and wipeout ps3.

please hear our calls liverpool studios and namco.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

haha, sparked a massive interest?! talk to nearly any forum regular about a neggie and their eyes will light up, suddenly making strange twisting motions in midair, talking very loudly and quickly, before breaking into a cold sweat.

The neGcon was a brilliant controller, no doubt, but frankly i dont see them reviving it. The original controllers were seen by the general public as gimmicky, much like the later jogcon, and to the average consumer, the SIXAXIS controller would appear to be far superior. The only Namco controller that sold well were the lightguns, because you needed them to play games like time crisis and point blank.

Id love to see it, but it wont happen. Its just too 1995.

Timezone
    GMT -6

^^^ I think I'm the only one on the planet who actually liked the Jogcon. *sniff*