Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your custom Ship Skins here!

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

//BARTgai
    love the feisar! it looks really cool having kinda pixel art rather than the normal super clean lines

//Amaru
    thats a damn good skin too

//dogg
    a piranha qirex? nice

//Sausehuhn
    thats an awesome job! pretty unusual colors, and it looks awesome! you done any more?

in a few days i might have made a gallery where you upload a good shot via some dodgy php gallery, and then everyone can view them in a little flash app like this http://grekir.freehostia.com/itheme/...y/gallery.html

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDJiNN View Post
    I like these two! I'd use them online if I were you!

ok .. may be not the 2nd one

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

lol you should use the second one online

( maybe the intense colors will give other players major headaches that will cause them to lose control of their ship and slam into a wall )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Hi zargz - bright & breezy colours eh? I'd personally use any of them online. As BARTgai says, the colours alone could get some wins if only for the "WTF!?" exclamations as other racers start slamming into walls in sheer disbelief!

There's a "hippy" playing Pulse...!!! OMG!

Timezone
    GMT + 7

zendjinn i've gotta say that hippy feisar skin is possibly one of my faves so far! the colorblast is so intense it'll give people nosebleeds hahahahaha!

i'm now a proud owner of a goteki! you guys were right, skinning goteki's are a bit easier, especially if you rotate the template skin so that each of the parts are facing upwards! what do you guys think?

oh and btw, i'm not breaking any rules with this thumbnail link am i? i sure hope not, i mean when i check out the properties of the thumbnail it says around 6k, but in the preview it says the file is 300+k! i'm just a bit confused!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

is this pimp my ag-ride?

nice flamework, btw

Quote Originally Posted by supersocks View Post
    It's the skin I was just now doing here! NOU, you beat me. Zero motivation to finish it now, thanks a lot.
    Finish it Supersocks! I'd love to see your take on it. Also, give us your hints in the skin editor discussion thread.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

RingoSpoon - that's superb!

About the texture offset in the Editor - I think that's an error that creeps in when the ships are converted for the Application (they go through at least two conversions from my originals, which is just asking for trouble).

There's no offset in-game. You'll probably have to use a bit of trial and error to make sure your textures all line up.

Incidentally, has anyone tried simply copying and pasting a random bitmap from the internet yet?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by Rush25 View Post
    that hippy feisar skin is possibly one of my faves so far! the colorblast is so intense it'll give people nosebleeds hahahahaha!
    Thanks Rush25. Hopefully it'll slow them down enough, giving me a chance to catch up!

Your Goteki looks great btw, and they're fun to skin aren't they? I think your thumb's OK in size too, as it's only about 6k, and the 350kb is only reference to the size of the actual jpeg that you've put on Imageshack.

RingoSpoon - I really like what you've done there, especially the flamework. Nice one!
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 22nd December 2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: posts merged

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I finished the template I started earlier in the thread, so now I'm now kickin' it oldschool:

I realise it's not quite accurate to 2097, but it's a damned good start

Nice! I love it. Very cool. The pattern works really well and does feel like the classic Qirex.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Lion my hero.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Default Feisar X wing

Based on an X Wing

(but in the end it looks like a Viper from Galactica) PNG available for downloading just now! Join the rebel alliance!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

wow! That's what I thought when I first saw it - Viper from the original BSG series - especially from above.

That is incredible. I'm in awe of how much you've been able to get out of the 16 colours. And, yeah, it does have that Viper feel! Tell us how you did it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

//Dogg Thang- how I did? I admire a A LOT your skins! It's me who has to learn!

I just copy-pasted areas from an x-wing picture, working on an RGB large image, adjusting colours to reduce "surprises" when turning it into a 16 colours image, and then retouching areas on the final 256x256 16 colours png. (all in photoshop)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Had to look up exactly what dithering (as Egg mentioned) entails, but I believe that's the method to Nadia's madness.

Dithering is a process whereby non-standard colors are simulated by using various shades of the 16 we're limited to. It's an extrapolative (semi-intelligent "figuring out") process -- a sort of clever robot hack on the existing pallette. Photoshop can do it on the fly. That's what I understand the word to mean anyway.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

The Ship Skin Gallery on wipeout-game.com finally went online