Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Website. Skin Editor discussion.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

Angry

arg, whenever i try to save, it goes to the thing that shows your ship spinning around, but it is really slow, then my internets crashes.

what the heck is going on?

I take it back. figured it out.

editing in photoshop is great. recoloring is no sweat, and magic wand + custom shape tool is cheap and easy. just downloaded the png, fooled with it, uploaded it to photobucket, copied and pasted. nice.

putting copy and paste into the color palette box is stupid, however. haha.
    Last edited by aykay; 12th December 2007 at 06:09 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

you can skip the upload to photobucket step. copy and paste straight from photoshop (if it's one layer only) works fine

I've begun the laborious process of finding out exactly where the edges of the various bits of the qirex can be found. Should be useful to people who (like me) prefer working on flat textures in photoshop or similar. I have this much done so far:

Only 2 parts of the skin, (6 surfaces effectively) mapped with any certainty so far. goddamn it's slow going
    Texture so far available here

The texture seems to shift around a fair bit when rotating the ships, so I am not completely sure I'm getting it bang on. but it's a hell of a lot closer than going by only what is there.

also, for those interested: yes, those other parts at the bottom right of the texture correspond to bits you can't alter in the editor.
    no, modifying them in photoshop and pasting back to the editor does not allow you to alter those portions of the texture.

Here are my first two efforts, admittedly a bit rubbish. The first is a Feisar going for an usual scheme based on the children's show Fluffy Gardens. The second, which I'm happier with, steals Egg's work on Goteki, slightly modifying it and adding Dogg X to show it's me. More later if I can do them while nobody is looking at work!

Nice work bro

I like the first one especially - if you could make the writing bigger on the nose side and incorparated a dark grey/blue in there as well I think it would rock

Did you let the Skin Editor reduce the colours on your Goteki?

I've found it does a fairly rough job if it. You might be better reducing them in Photoshop first (using Mode / Index Colour / 16 colours ), then pasting it into the Editor. You get more options (like Dithering) and it might give better results.

Oh and first, draw a big single-coloured square over the engine details (the bottom right bit), using one of your chosen 16 colours. That way it won't waste any of your precious 16 during the reduction.

I ought to write up some of these tips sometime.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Default The custom livery thread

Hi all, long time no see. Since Pulse is out and it feels like this game was made to be loved by all the little designers out there, I sure feel like coming back to playing more often - let's see if that works out.
    For now, I start the fire on custom ship designs - I've seen some cool ones already in another thread, so I felt it's time to give this one a home.

Here's my first attempt: yeah, I totally stole the existing Assegai livery and changed the colors, but hey, Egg's design is so great already! Put the name and logo of my website there instead of the Assegai logo - so this is my official eLhabib-AG-craft.

http://www.elhabib.at/wp-content/upl...el-assegai.jpg

Eager to see everyone's efforts!
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 12th December 2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: large image changed to link and i merged your thread Martin : no need to collect multiple ones ( merged by Aza ;) )

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Did you let the Skin Editor reduce the colours on your Goteki?

I've found it does a fairly rough job if it. You might be better reducing them in Photoshop first (using Mode / Index Colour / 16 colours ), then pasting it into the Editor. You get more options (like Dithering) and it might give better results.

Oh and first, draw a big single-coloured square over the engine details (the bottom right bit), using one of your chosen 16 colours. That way it won't waste any of your precious 16 during the reduction.

I ought to write up some of these tips sometime.
    yeah a good tutorial site would be nice maybe with a gallery too?
    i might have a bash at making one tbh if someones up for writing a few tutorials

Thanks for those tips, Egg. Yeah the Skin Editor reduced the Goteki colours. I'll try doing it from Photoshop next time. Cheers!

Edit: And here's my new one using those tips from Egg, though I really think I need to spend some time getting used to the 16 colours thing - I only realised when I indexed it that I was using a bunch of colours that were almost the same, but not, meaning I was wasting slots. Anyway, here's the Mighnight EG.X, based of course on Egg's work:

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 12th December 2007 at 03:39 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Default Laughin Man Craft is on the way!

YEEEHAAAA!
    Greetings eLhabib! Your name on the side looks so fine that it looks like it was in the original game! I'm sure this thread is going to be a great one!

I'm proud to present the upcoming Laughing Man Craft, based on the logo from this character we all could see on the anime series Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex. I chose Harimau for its large plain surface where I could make the logo big enough. I'm planning to put the text in the white band as in the original logo but in this case around the entire craft.

See you on the race!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Man that is well cool respect

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Default laughing man

AT LAST! I FOUND THE PASTE BUTTON!

I've been a whole hour making my eyes bleed when doing the Laughing Man Logo on Harimau skin. Then I found this GOD BLESSED thread!

This was my creation by now, tomorrow I'll make it properly with photoshop!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!

(awesome crafts, I'll have to buy a 4GB ms to download them all!)
    Last edited by Nadia Elenova; 13th December 2007 at 05:00 AM. Reason: added photobucket link

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I'll try an old-school-EG.r skin for my beloved EG.X within the next days

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

//dogg
    that is sweet! very pro looking

//nadia
    that looks cool too the laughing man kicks ass

anyone else done anymore?

Thanks CR4SH3D (man, that's not easy to type!) but I can't really take credit for how they look - I just went over the templates that were already there in the skin editor. When I got home, I loaded them into Pulse and I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Here's a shot of the EG.X in action - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...idnightEGX.jpg
    And here is a modified version of the Goteki with my own 'Dogg' logo - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...hang/DoggX.jpg

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

nadia: hey that's awesome! welcome to the wipeoutzone btw!!
    Last edited by zargz; 12th December 2007 at 09:20 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Auricom model seems to be missing few triangles.

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

//dogg
    they look even better in game im going to try some more after ive finished this website im doing, its damn lucky someone found the c+p in that though, its impossible to do much other than recolor in the editor

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I went for a more subtle approach, I tired skinning the ship entirely with pasted images and while it looked cool I want to somewhat maintain the ships identity so here is what took me hours to make using the skin editor alone, square by square changes here people! lol

Always wanted a touch of red and black on my ship, touch of the dark side (ooohh no thats sounds too Star Warsy) replaced the white and gold. I need to make my number stand out more, DOUBLE ZERO

Edit: Number change to 07, cos it looks OK and represents the year the skin was made.

Last edited by Rapier Racer; 12th December 2007 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Number change

Timezone
    GMT -5

Here's my current WiP lol:

Since I'm at work, I'm confined to using the web based app lol.