Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Website. Skin Editor discussion.

PSN ID
    technicolour

Default Online Website. Skin Editor discussion.

https://www.wipeout-game.com

Not much else to say, contains information on teams, online rankings (there are already a few up) as well as.... YUP THE SKIN EDITOR (you have to sign in to access it)

PSN ID
    RozPT

Been checking that site for the past hours. There are scores already! Can't wait to start competing

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

I can login to eu.playstation.com, but my password isn't recognized on wipeout-game…
    Any advice ?

(I finally got it. I was confused because there is no mention which PS login i have to enter (i have 1 for fr.playstation.com, and 1 for the PS store). I had a look at the page adress and deduced that it's part of the PS Store. But i think that could be more obvious…)
    Last edited by tapioca; 11th December 2007 at 09:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

The skin editor looks nice from what I've seen so far... but I miss simple things like adding lines, some pre-defined logos and other bitmaps. And I don't understand why you can't zoom in when you selected the 2D-bitmap mode instead of the 3D mode... strange...
    And I would like to be able to download those bitmaps to your PC and re-import them into the editor again. That would make things way easier if you have an graphic program and you wanna go a bit more professional. That could be realizable, couldn't it?

Interesting that you seem to be able to create skins for ships that aren't in it yet, like Mirage.

PSN ID
    technicolour

I seem to remember something about the first downloadable packs being available at launch, I guess we'll find out tommorow.

Actually, I think I'm finding the editor a little too tricky to use. The lack of a zoom on the 2D makes things really difficult and, while the tools are great for what it is, being able to take the template and work on it in other programmes like Photoshop would have been ideal. I may practise a little more with this but, man, it's tough to use.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Very true. I hope we can import and modify in high resolution.
    Last edited by Task; 11th December 2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Quotation Eliminated!

Thanks for the info I have been waiting to get a hold of this!

I agree - 20 seconds into it and I was looking for the 2D Zoom button - They must have done the default textures using some other tool.

After modifying it - I cant save it!! Can anyone get it saved out, modified then imported back in? cheers

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I've just had one look at the editor and went like "Ok, this looks like something to do for a whole cold winters' weekend." No way I'd be able to do some decent looking skin in less than one day! I've always had an E or an F at drawing lessons when I was attending to school...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I just added a few details, like a WipEout Zone logo and some stripes etc.
    But a whole skin? No, sorry.
    But I like it anyway. This way you can fix the small things you may don't like about the original skin.
    I can't download it though. Some unknown plugin is missing (and I'm not the only one with that problem).

I edited and downloaded one without a problem. For some reason, since then it is hanging when I try to save it. I've lost two now!

Edit: Oh, when I said I downloaded one without a problem, seems I was wrong. It said it all went fine but now in-game, I can't find it. No idea why.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 11th December 2007 at 08:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Talking

Wow, this site looks awesome! Can't wait to play it. Is anyone editing skins already?

Re: importing bitmaps

If I remember correctly, you can Copy any picture to the Windows Clipboard, then there's a button in the 2D editor to paste it in. It'll resize the original and reduce it to the right number of colours for you.

Try right-clicking on an image in your internet browser, hit Copy, then find the Paste button in the 2D editor.

That would be great, Egg. A Paste button is listed but I can't find it on the page. Funnily, clicking the ? gives you a page that says 'Here goes the ship customisation page help. It may well develop I guess. Definitely looks interesting though - I'm already getting slightly better results playing with the brush options though my computer doesn't like saving them - I suspect that's my computer though more than the actual page.

Edit: Ah! Just found it, Egg. It's actually in the colour editor. I shall have a good play around with that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Oooh. That's a fair point. The help was originally meant to open in a pop-up, but I loathe pop-ups and ended up putting the legend underneath the skinner because I figured it'd be a handy reference. I'll need to get that help button fixed so that it doesn't open a pop-up.

Finally managed to get the skin downloaded onto my psp (needed to install JDK to get it to work) but unfortunately it is in a format you cannot edit

I wonder if it is a bug the Zoom button is greyed out in 2d mode.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Save seems to work fine when you create ship for the first time but when you re-edit it and save, it won't overwrite the old design.

Fix it.

I'm not gonna redo that the second time

Otherwise it's working fine. Seems it's missing the copy-paste -feature since there's instructions for said buttons but can't find them anywhere.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Do it the difficult way:
    make a screenshot of the 2D-image, import into photoshop, edit the whole bitmap (now that is the problematic part because you don't see the model with the bitmaps on it) and finally re-import the image. That's the way to do it.

That's sad, cause the editor has potential. But it's not enough to do something really nice out of it - at least in my eyes.

Finally Re-import the image? How can you do that without cut and paste?

Supersocks - how do you 'create image for first time' ? I can only select a ship then go in and edit it then try and save it