Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's out!

Default It's out!

14th? HMV in Dublin doesn't think so. It was open late for Christmas shopping and I went in and there it was. I was surprised as you can imagine. So I have it! That was a loooooong wait.

The gutting thing? I had no idea it was out so I had left my PSP at work. So, right now, I'm having to just read the instructions. My first impressions of Pulse and I just have the instructions - no colour pics if anyone is curious. The inside is black and white and just goes through all of the options we knew were there. Opens with quotes from Natasha Belmondo and three others, including Mirage from Dubai - the new team.

Isn't it sad that the only info I can give you right now is just from the manual? Well, all may not be lost. I have called a mate who may or may not be able to come round with his PSP. If he does, I'll update this asap with more info. Otherwise it will be the morning when I'm back in work.

But you should all check your shops because HMV in Dublin can't be the only place selling it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

WTF??????

I'm in the wrong side of the ocean!!!!!!!

It's great to know it's out, and it's always like that, take your umbrella outside, and then the sun will shine your eyes out, get Pulse, leave your PSP at work

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

AAARGGHH NO FAIR!! I want it now! Dublin you say? I happen to have the day off work tomorrow how much is the boat trip over?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I read on some other gaming forums that guys have picked it up already.

Damn... I forgot to check tonight when I was in Asda buying Singstar... d'oh!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

unfair.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Right, I'm going on a Pulse hunt after work tomorrow up Oxford Street!

Got a PSP guys! A long load (I'm on normal PSP) followed by what I think may be the best Wipeout intro. I don't know what the music track is but it rocks and the colour reminds me of W3O. First thing - make a profile (real interesting, eh?).

A lovely menu that looks like all the shots we've seen. I was first drawn to an Extras menu which actually has the manual! That's a cool feature. Also has credits and allows you to play the intro.

Onto the race grid. First race? (do spoiler tags work?) Moa Therma White. Just about to start it now.

Edit: Doh! No spoiler tags. Hope that doesn't ruin anything for anyone!

PSN ID
    technicolour

I'm wondering, what firmwhere does it require? I've been reluctant to upgrade after horror stories of pure expantions no longer working.

Firmware on the UMD is 3.71 so I guess that's what it needs. That's what I had anyway.

First race - wow. Great track. The voice is fantastic - I haven't watched a video for ages so hadn't heard the computerised voice you were talking about. One thing that was fantastic was an intro to the track with a computerised male VO. Very cool.

Compared with Pure, the first race was surprisingly fast. I also didn't do very well.

It looks stunning. Framerate is fantastic although there was the odd flicker at the top for some reason - nothing that got in the way of how great it looks. I'm really impressed so far.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Fascia, yes it`s does work with Pure on 3.71FW

Lucky Dawg!

stevie

PSN ID
    technicolour

Thanks for news I'll be checking my local game(s) tommorow morning, here's hoping!
    Last edited by Task; 11th December 2007 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Quotation Eliminated!

One interesting feature which you may already all know but was new to me is that the icons that show you what weapon you have also show up for near competitors to give you warning of an attack.

PSN ID
    MarcoM1972

Lucky you. But that means the wait is almost over

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Im going on a detective mission to look for it tomorrow, if the shady dealers of Uxbridge dont have it then its off to ol' London town instead

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Does that mean that more local game stores could have the game tomorrow btw?

Having it on someone elses PSP turned out not to be such a good idea. After just three races, he has now hijacked it and is playing it himself.

I'm really impressed so far though. Good luck with all your searches tomorrow guys!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'm gonna join some of you guys in searching, tomorrow I shall travel across Edinburgh afar and I bet no sod is selling it early.

Nothing on GAME or HMVs websites to suggest early sales, must be on the sneak.

Well I would have thought HMVs would be fairly standard with their stock so I can't imagine the one in Dublin is the only one selling them. Thing is - with the way they were on the shelf, they didn't even look like they were just put up. They were already nice and comfy among the other games. I reckon you should have a good chance at other HMVs.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Excellent, cos I have 3 to choose from, 2 very close to each other

Dogg said: "They were already nice and comfy among the other games."

... so, I hope you did the noble thing and grabbed as many copies as you could, then shoved them into the 'Number One' space on the PSP Chart shelf.

Not that I've ever done anything like that. Ooooh no, sir.