sausehuhn

The snow is moving? O__O
    Niiice.

*Imagines snow dinamically raising dust when crafts pass over*

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

to me the track surface that you describe as being like a bowling alley (the first shot in that article) looks like it has grooves cut in the surface, I've seen something similar on the freeways around los angeles (when I was there 14 years ago)
    I can't remember their purpose, but I think it was either for drainage or heat expansion

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Imagines snow dynamically raising dust when crafts pass over
    While my suggestion is probably impossible, what I'd like to see is that the entire track has snow atop of it at the start. However, when craft pass over the snow along the track, the snow melts from the heat generated by the craft. A motorstorm style track deformation - with snow.
    Last edited by rdmx; 25th November 2007 at 05:02 AM. Reason: inpossible eh?

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Melting snow! deformable terrains! Brilliant!

I doubt this would be any good for HD as I hear that's more of a remake of old wipeout, but for the next WipEout PS3 version I would like to see a couple of 'shootable shortcuts', something along the lines of, if ur in the right place at the right time with the right weapon, you could fire on distant barricade/wall which would then open up revealing an optional route which could then be accessed by all ships.
    Last edited by DaWorFizm; 24th November 2007 at 11:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

WipEout Fusion alike you mean?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think the track staff over at Cubiss Float do not appreciate you blowing up sections of the track every time you race. Gets expensive to replace.

Plus, while deformable scenery would be mega awesome - I don't think city councils particularly enjoy you blowing up chunks out of downtown Citta Nuova.

After all, Wipeout is a spectator sport, not a post-apocalyptic wasteland, where it makes sense to blow chunks out of buildings.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I agree, thematically and in terms of how WipEout plays, "shootable shortcuts" don't make any sense. I like the few shortcuts the series had since WO3, but they should always be obvious and not distract from the perfecting-your-line-on-what's-there feel. Don't know how else to describe it.

As for weather effects: They are definitely possible in future incarnations and I like the snow idea insertcoin posted a lot. I'm almost certain we'll see something like that in the next PS3 WO.

DaWorFizm: Yes, HD is a HighDef collection of six Pure and two Pulse tracks - using the better part of the engine, career system and soundtrack from Pulse.

Ben

PSN ID
    stin_wz

If you that worried about HD?, so don`t worry about that

Here is the link which keeps your mind at ease----->http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4258

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Au_Xtr3me

Talking

@ Lion, the purpose for the grooves on roads (correct me if I'm wrong) is to allow a. water to go into grooves thus reduce slipping. b. something to do with preventing Ice from forming AND c. Those are actually cracks and potholes in the road.

As for the purpose in wipeout, where ships are not making contact, maybe it makes racers feel Groovy... eh? eh? ... never mind.

PSN ID
    technicolour

It's probably for draining, Wipeout tracks could easly flood without drainage.