Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite team...

funny you should mention that. last night i was on a new memory chip and racing in Rapier class for golds, and i found that i was more easily able to drive at MegaMall with the Qirex than with the AG-S, which is totally weird. i only did one race there with each, so i don't know if it would have been a consistent pattern, but still...
    i was kinda drowsy at the time, but i would have thought the Qirex would have required more attention than AG-S, which, however, i was crashing into the walls with.
    the ship that was most difficult to win gold with was that damned GoTeki45, smooth but slow handling plus low top speed.

I use assegai for recordracing on manor top.. but my fave is AG-5y5

Well indeed, no ship sucks more than Goteki45. Although I do like the story they wrote on the Fusion site about the disappearance of Goteki45. Really nice.

AG-S is a slick moving ship, and despite Qires being a real beast (4-4 speed-acc), I do think AG-S has the edge. Of course, Icaras is still miles ahead of'em... .

Peace,
    V.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

it's a shame that Ag Systems had to go away in Fusion. Really I wanted to see what they might look like in 2160, but thanks to that stupid Van Uber vacumn company. Hi I am the new (rookie) pilot on the board and I race for Auricom Ind. So my favorite team is Auricom, will always be Auricom, and as there best and captain pilot Auricom will dominate the AG circuit for all time (or until I'm dead).

^Quirex roxs
    me and you should race against each other sometime
    I miss having fun racing against the Russian pilots on Manor Top
    ^Goteki 45 sucks
    I wouldn't disagree!

hi Techno, welcome to the WZ forums. as to racing against each other, put your times in the wipeoutzone times tables for the version of the game you use. unfortunately, i am not at the top spot in any of them. but sOmeday! nah, i'm kidding myself

__lance

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

cool, I think you might also know about the challenge I made
    I did read the rules and all but it didn't say anything about more than one
    so that it should be alright

maybe I'll see you on the list for my challenge?

i don't have the original wipEout, nor Fusion, nor 64. my version of XL is on the PC. the pc versions can't be used in a challenge because their speed depends on the individual computer, and therefore their difficulty levels are not standardised. the current specs of your challenge are interesting, though anyone who does not have all those versions is excluded from participation. this is of course true of almost all challenges other than something like Rob's MegaMall Madness challenge for greatest improvement in times [although in practice, those who already have excellent times are highly unlikely to win].

it's certainly about time we had a couple of new challenges. we've been too inactive on those lately, due primarily to the extended delay of Fusion, and that those who got Fusion spent much of their racing time familiarising themselves with that game

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

I see, hum

is there a way were anybody who doesn't have all the the game titles can still enter, because there is going to be like a points status that *Idon't know if is used or not, or exist* when the finals competitors show up for a championship that they can still be allowed to play.

Or what i'm saying is that if you don't have the games but can get a hold of them by friend or rental and still be able to play. Because I haven't gotten all the tracks up yet. and anybody who else reads the Challenge can contact me and then they can contact someone who has or can get a hold of the stuff needed to play in the Challenge, and go on with that...

i can't speak for others, but i have no one i can borrow games from. if i could afford to rent, i would already own.

any challenge will be more or less exclusionary. probably only a small percentage of our pilots have all versions. i think that not even Al has quite everything, though many of us have the major ones within a display standard region. you apparently have the NTSC versions of the games, while the majority of our members are European or Australian, and have the PAL versions of the games and machines, which are not exactly like the NTSC ones, and do not generate the same times for the same level of piloting performance. that's why we have separate times tables for three different Wipeout 3s. so you'll have to exercise considerable imagination to start a really broadbased challenge, particularly one that covers everything from the original through Fusion. have at it. i hope you come up with one that works

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

I could ask my contacts and sell persons I get my games and software from, to import for me all the PAL systems and all the games. Because I do have all the NTSC games and systems so that might be problem for the challenge I have set up. *I never knew anything about a PAL system or NTSC system, I never paid any attention to notice that*

A small percentage is fine, its a long challenge and I don't think nobody else has ever done something like this before *not that I have seen* if so then I won't concider myself the first. And I will have the challenge open, thanks.

okay, make sure to post exactly what version or versions will be used [separate data entries will be required for each version]. be sure to state which mode [as in single race, or time trial, etc.], and whether weapons and all competitors are to be used, and how the results are to be posted. don't forget to state whether or not there is a time limit. it probably helps to set one, but it is optional. basically, try to make sure that all conditions are set out, so that there is the minimum possible room for misunderstanding or doubt about the results. good luck on a successful competition

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

ok
    I am going to print out every word you just said man, and thanks and i am problay gonna need the luck

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Sovokor
    Qirex 4ever!
    yeah I igree! LOL! :

stin

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Auricom Rules

Quirex Comes second

My favorite is Feisar. Makes for exciting races trying to come in first using one of the slowest ships.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Techno
    ^Quirex roxs
    ^Goteki 45 sucks
    I wouldn't disagree!
    Hey DJ, you talking to me? 8 )
    So you're another one of those "Auricom pilots"? I've heard of them, but I usually can't hear them because of how far behind they are. 8 D
    I'd love to race you, but I generally only take my Qirex onto Manor Top when my opponent really sux. I imagine you'd rather that I assumed you had some skill. I'd probably fly an AG Systems for that track. Unless of course you wanted to do Eliminator, in which case I'll fly my Qirex almost every day of the week.
    The Goteki 45, BTW, which I'll agree is not everyones ship, is often my craft of choice for Eliminator, where it really shines. I don't think it was meant to be used in TT or SR mode...
    (anyone who's interested: The "quote" tag messes up the "color" tag)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Quote Originally Posted by Task
    ^Quirex roxs
    ^Goteki 45 sucks
    I wouldn't disagree!
    Hey DJ, you talking to me? 8 )
    So you're another one of those "Auricom pilots"? I've heard of them, but I usually can't hear them because of how far behind they are. 8 D
    I'd love to race you, but I generally only take my Qirex onto Manor Top when my opponent really sux. I imagine you'd rather that I assumed you had some skill. I'd probably fly an AG Systems for that track. Unless of course you wanted to do Eliminator, in which case I'll fly my Qirex almost every day of the week.
    The Goteki 45, BTW, which I'll agree is not everyones ship, is often my craft of choice for Eliminator, where it really shines. I don't think it was meant to be used in TT or SR mode...
    (anyone who's interested: The "quote" tag messes up the "color" tag)
    [quote]

Yes
    Yes I am another one of those Auricom Pilots, so far behind that you can't even hear the roaring missle and satelite beam cannon fire from behind and destroy you.
    Don't take Goteki 45 up against me an a Elimanator match, I will have you Wiped Out by the first round and a quarter seconds. So use the Quirex ship, its stronger :wink:
    And trust me, my skill is nothing that you have ever seen before "not like some wipeout god, but the best of the best AG pilot"

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Yes I am another one of those Auricom Pilots, so far behind that you can't even hear the roaring missle and satelite beam cannon fire from behind and destroy you.
    Don't take Goteki 45 up against me an a Elimanator match, I will have you Wiped Out by the first round and a quarter seconds. So use the Quirex ship, its stronger :wink:
    And trust me, my skill is nothing that you have ever seen before "not like some wipeout god, but the best of the best AG pilot"

8 D Excellent! Bring it to the time tables, my man.
    I've currently got a fair set of people I'm trying to beat in the tables, and I'm always happy to see another person with a better time than me.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

ok
    I will be back

dam college classes
    you know.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO