Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WipEoutZone Folding@Home Team

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Quick question:How do I contribute? Do I download the software on the main page?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bjoern92

If you want to use your ps3 to contribute and want your ps3 to make some badass calculations for the greater goods, just install the application "Life with Playstation" under the network menu. Before it was just named Folding@Home i think but it is updated with live weather and news and a bit more. Anyways, start up the app, go into settings and go to "choose team id" or something like that, and put in this number: 89812 - to join the wipeoutzone team. Then you starting to fold, more info about the folding itsef is in the app. How you fold through your regular computer i don't really know how, but it shouldn't be too hard.
    Just contributed myself and i write though the ps3 app integrated browser

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I have intentions of contributing, but never remember to leave the PS3 on long enough to finish even one unit.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bjoern92

Hehe thats easy to happen! Fast reply here..
    You can change the settings to turn off the PS3 automatically after the unit is finished, or just set a time. Come on Medusa and all others, just do it and join me ^^ stand up for the wipeoutzone team!

...my third post on this forum

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Heehee yes bjoern I've been Folding away lately, so yay I'm actually contributing more LOL. You should really post more here, y'know?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bjoern92

Thats Awesome of you
    Yeah i know that^^ people seems great here. And I have quite some passion for the game.
    I just have to work on my English a bit to feel more comfortable writing stuff.
    And this is off topic of course but on the other hand this is kind of an off topic tread

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Hey it worked, you just posted more! Don't worry about your English, just post away, you'll get better with practice right? (If you want people to correct you, you can just ask.)
    Regarding the wipeoutzone folding team, when I looked the other day at the stats page, it didn't look like there was a lot of activity. Maybe people are worried about wearing their PS3's out?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I was thinking that too. I started this when I first got my PS3, but never got very far because it's in my room and would keep me awake at night. More recently I would definitely worry about whether it would contribute to bringing a premature end to my system. Possibly not though, as most issues people have seem to be blu-ray related and I've hardly played blu-ray games at all on my machine.

Is it possible to set it to come on at a certain time and do this?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I don't think so...but I don't know a whole lot. I leave mine on folding when I head out for the day. Sometimes I put auto-shut-off on my PS3 in case I'm gone for 36 hours...but usually I just let it run.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bjoern92

I don't know what the reason could be.. probably a combination of what you said :/ , the boringness, lack of trophies, lack of information and interest.
    Last edited by bjoern92; 27th December 2010 at 04:03 PM.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

When I first got my PS3 I had it folding like Superman on laundry day, but in the last year or so I've rarely fired up the client.

It's really just worry about shortening the lifespan of my (originally) 60Gb model, although, as I understand it, the motherboard problem is more about heat cycles than continual use.

It doesn't seem very environmentally conscious, either, leaving a power hungry phat PS3 on all night to crunch through a unit. When I'm downloading lots of content and I'll leave it on to fold at the same time, but aside from then my contributions have been a bit lacking.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Im gonna sign up to this in a moment if its still going! my ps3 is always switched on and signed in even when its not being used, so il start folding i think

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    cprosick

Thumbs up I'll join up

to 89812,,,

I used to let the machine do this,,,but stopped cause I wasn't activating Life@PS

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Pez55

I'm not sure if this is still active, but I joined anyway. Hopefully it is

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I haven't left mine folding in awhile, but I'm sure the program is still functioning, or we'd have heard otherwise.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Sorry to, more or less, resurrect a dead thread guys, but does anyone still do Folding on their PS3's here? I am thinking of starting to do it again, seeing as I don't use my PS3 as much for gaming anymore.