Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help wanted with Pure (French okay)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Default Help wanted with Pure (French okay)

Hi, I don't know if it's the good topic for ask my questions, but i don't understand 9/10 topic titles -_-"

I have a question for some races, where do you use your turbo ?
    On these races, although I do 3/4/5 perfect turns, I can't be on the top 5, so I think it's probably because of my turbo.

First, in Sinucit. I like this race and I do some good turns on it with no errors, but I'm never on the firsts place in lap time. I use my turbo at the end of the lap, when there is a jump just before the line, for have a turbo when i come back to the floor at the beginning of the next turn.

Next, in Chenghou Project. I use my tubo when I am near the end of the lap, on the big jump. I use it and come back on the floor just at the entry of the tunnel (I don't know the name), for have a turbo and finish the lap.

In sebenco climb, I use it on the big straight line at the middle of the lap(although there is some boost), when it's in Phantom or Rapier, and when it's in slower categories, I use it just at the end of the lap, for gain some speed after the little jump because there is a very short cut turn.

thank you for your suggestions

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Mods, split from Silent's question onward when or if you see fit.

First, about the records here. Almost always will you see the Triakis dominating the top spots. There's a reason for this, but it's a rather longish story. Just know that you should use the Triakis if you expect to glimpse the top spots.

Next, my rule of thumb when using boosts is to use them where your ship slows down most, if possible. For instance, on Exostra, one would assume the best place to use it is at the end of the lap. Not entirely. Use it between the first two tunnels where your momentum is cut drastically coming out of the bend, and where you can carry momentum into the corkscrew that follows. The highest average speed per lap are the runs that enter the books.

Another example. On Citta di Nuova, the slowest part of the track is the final chicane before the start/finish line. One is able to boost clean over it with a well placed turbo jump, saving roughly two seconds. You get the idea. Analyze each turn of a track to best determine where to use the turbo; avoid using them on dead straightaways if you can help it, since the speed increase from a boost would better be served where your ship's speed is more compromised.

Finally, practice. Hard. Unless you're gifted, count on running at least one thousand laps on a track (I've done at least 10,000 laps on Exostra) before you begin to hit the top three on each table. That's how insane the skill is around here.

Lastly, don't neglect personal hygene. Sleep and eat every now and then too.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Thank you very much.
    For the Triakis, I know it, although my favorite team is Assegai, i only use Triakis for records, you can find me on the table of records (Vincent Gourlay)^^
    But you know, I don't play a lot (it takes me between 5 and twenty minutes for beat one of my records, and I'm now on the top 5 in a lot of races).

I think that i'm good in concentration, I have no problem for stay at the same level during two or three intenses minutes, it's why generally I do good race records in a short time
    But I'm very bad for analysing the race, I don't use very well the turbo and I don't really search the best trajectories on every race, so that's why my lap time are generally not very good^^

Thank you at all.

Any other ideas ?
    Last edited by Silent; 30th August 2007 at 07:54 PM.

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi Silent, hi all.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Hi, I don't know if it's the good topic for ask my questions, but i don't understand 9/10 topic titles -_-"

I have a question for some races, where do you use your turbo ?
    On these races, although I do 3/4/5 perfect turns, I can't be on the top 5, so I think it's probably because of my turbo.

First, in Sinucit. I like this race and I do some good turns on it with no errors, but I'm never on the firsts place in lap time. I use my turbo at the end of the lap, when there is a jump just before the line, for have a turbo when i come back to the floor at the beginning of the next turn.

Next, in Chenghou Project. I use my tubo when I am near the end of the lap, on the big jump. I use it and come back on the floor just at the entry of the tunnel (I don't know the name), for have a turbo and finish the lap.

In sebenco climb, I use it on the big straight line at the middle of the lap(although there is some boost), when it's in Phantom or Rapier, and when it's in slower categories, I use it just at the end of the lap, for gain some speed after the little jump because there is a very short cut turn.

thank you for your suggestions
    I've two suggestion for Chenghou and Sebenco

Chenghou: use the Turbo after the airpin left bend after the start and br in the air....

Sebenco: Use the turbo in the middle of the tunnel when you see the light of the exit and br in the air.....

Read You Soon
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I agree with both Flashback & Alter tips , that is what i am using ( ermm not the 10000 laps tho )

I add one for Sinuccit : get the left / left route when there s a split.
    I also get my turbo on the last part of the track but try to make it before you jump : perfect will be into the 'S'.
    Nose down your ship on a straight line section gives you extra kph. Sideshift ( déplacement latéral) when entering a curve to get out from it faster , if possible do the sideshift on a boostpad.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Hey, thank tou everybody for your help on these tracks, I'm now as you can seen it on the top 5 on Sinucit and Sebenco climb (two 2nd places^^).

Assayeah, I always took the right way in Sinucit, I coulded wait a long time for do a good time xD

Alterego, I'm sorry but I do better lap times when I use the turbo at the end of the lap in the big jump than at the beginning of the lap, on the short left turn...

Thank you everyone, I will be soon on the top5 of all the tracks (without the packs )

And Assayeah, I haven't understood what do you mean when you say "nosedown your ship on straight lines". Can you say it in French =)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Angulez le nez de la aéroglisseur vers le bas pour allez plus rapidment.

(Google Translate)

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Thank You Jack, but I haven't understand at all, google translate are horrible x D

I would understand how do you do that (I mean on what buttons you push for "nosedown your ship on straight lines") ?

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi Silent, hi all.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Thank You Jack, but I haven't understand at all, google translate are horrible x D

I would understand how do you do that (I mean on what buttons you push for "nosedown your ship on straight lines") ?
    D-pad has 4 button:

< left
    > right
    down ship nose
    :- up ship nose

Read you soon
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Oh yeah I see, but I play with the analogic and I can't use it (it is disturbing for the turns)^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Sayaaaaa !

Afeter one hour of hard work, my first 1st place !!

Vineta K, TT, Flash, Race Time :

1) 0.27.40
    2) 0.26.56
    3) 0.26.94
    4) 0.26.88

Total : 1.47.78

Finely, the perfect race! I've just to do the same in the others classes, and soon I will be one of the bests in Vineta !

Ps : Thanks to Assayyeah for teach me that there is some BR on vineta, before I had the 4th time without any BR x DD

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Tres bon!!!

Really nice! Congratulations with this one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Thank you very much, Mad-Ice !

Another first place, another Vineta TT race time, but in Venom :

1.29.04 !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Sayaa, 1st place in rapier too !

1.33.19 !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Good work on Vineta Vincent

This game is very addictive !

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Didn't I say before that I had the feeling that it wouldn't be at all Silent into the records table!?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Oh my.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

1.46.16 in phantom : Geez! already in top 5

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Silentriakis

Thank you all, Assayeah, 1.46.16 although I have done a few mistakes (perhaps 6 or 7 in all the track), so I think I can be in 1.44 before the end of the month =)

At the moment, I just train on Vineta, and I won't stop before be on 1.44 in Phantom^^
    After, I think that I will do the same on all the other tracks...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

looks like we might finally have located another person with reactions quick enough that they would survive being a wipeout pilot for real