Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sony Reveals More WipE'0ut" HD Details..

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Two page HD article in Official Playstation Mag this month including a small interview with Tony Buckley. A little misleading as the person writing the article states "Wipeout HD is essentially a best of package that includes re workings of the most popular tracks from ALL THE PREVIOUS GAMES" So if I said that to you what would you assume? Because I didn't realize tracks from Wipeout 3 were in contention for this game.

Gare d'Europa please.

Given that that same feature led you to believe the models would be reused from Pulse, I put less than zero stock in what OPM says. Actually I've considered them rather poorly for a long time (roughly since they slagged off the last LoK game).

We've not had any rumours of the older games being included in HD, and the screens released so far are all of Pure and Pulse tracks...

If I were to be optimistic then I'd be hoping for Spilskinanke over Gare d'Europa, (those are my top 2 from 2097). I rather doubt we'll see either though.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I don't know what keeps compelling me to buy that mag, I'm a sucker for official stuff I guess, it also says Triakis is Australian ( I mentioned before I think) and that the Assegai team had no noticeable weakness, oh is that right lol.

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

i thought it was definet that old tracks would be remodeled?

//rapier racer
    edge is the best games mag, even if its not platform specific

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

Didnt want to create a new thread for this:
    WipEout HD looks STUNNING
    Tuesday 22-Jan-2008 12:45 PM Ten new screens put previous shots to shame
    24 Comments
    We thought WipEout HD looked decent enough when we posted the first shots of an early preview version, but these new shots show the game has come on in leaps and bounds.

Advertisement:
    The textures have more... texture, and the lighting has been massively improved by the looks of it.

Hopefully all these improvements won't come at the expense of the luscious 60fps smoothness in the demo we have here.

You can see videos of that in action (and in comparison to our old favourite, WipEout 2097)
    in an earlier feature.

We're also hoping the handling has seen as much attention as the visuals, because we thought it was far too tight to be a believable hovering ship. 2097 had the handling spot on - why change it?

Mike Jackson computerandvideogames.com
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=180122

Sounds and looks promising. 8 )

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

o dear...couldn't control myself...wet my pants...

SL!!! when can we get a release date pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...I am hungry for some big screen anti-gravity action...

btw...off-topic...anyone checked out Little Big Planet??? Looks like helluva fun...

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

LOL... I don't know what they're talking about... The earlier screens look just as badass to me...

OFF TOPIC: As for Little Big Planet, that does look like some serious fun... just another plus for when I get the system (including an HDTV) for HD down the road... mabye a little later than release, but whatever... The new generation of game consoles may not be too good for my health... I'm probably going to turn into a vampire-hermit!!!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Those screens are, in fact, a little old - believe it or not.

It looks a bit better than that now - especially with regard to the ships. We have the guys that did the cars for F1 Championship Edition building the ships for HD (Egg took one look at the sheer amount of polygons he could use and ran away screaming. Probably. ), and they're looking tremendously good.

Egg's not doing the ships? I would have thought he'd love to have been able to free himself from the restrictions of the PSP. Although I guess they're basing the new ships on his Pure and Pulse designs?

Timezone
    GMT -5

I have to say HD looks tremendous, but have to agree with the guys at computerandvideogames.com .
    XL/2097 was superb in every way, getting rid of the male voice for both race starter and weapons announcer was a big let down when i got wip3out. The race starter in the HD vids is also a disappointment. More of a robot sound would be better in my opinion.

Ive been away from the wipeout scene for a few years but just got back into it.
    Not sure if in the subsequent releases after wipeout3 there was the ability to go up and around the inside of tunnel walls going through in a helix path type of thing, would be pretty good.
    Anyway, after all that HD still looks hot and Im really looking forward to it.

I agree, the Amiga-voice and weapon-warnings were great.

The change in handling fron 2097/XL was a disappointment for me when I finally got Wipeout 64, seemed like it was made too easy... but then maybe the designers got some feedback to say 2097's handling was too tough? I know some of my friends said so at the time.

Anyway, back on topic: Wipeout HD. WANT! NOW, PLEASE! IMMEDIATELY! That's all, thank you.
    Last edited by jmoid; 24th January 2008 at 11:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Those screens are, in fact, a little old - believe it or not.

It looks a bit better than that now - especially with regard to the ships. We have the guys that did the cars for F1 Championship Edition building the ships for HD (Egg took one look at the sheer amount of polygons he could use and ran away screaming. Probably. ), and they're looking tremendously good.
    Stupid question:
    I havent heard of that, with the guys from the F1 team (btw. really good game), is this a known info?
    Because if not can i share it on other forums (of course with link to the post).

Very interesting stuff....

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Yeah... now that I look at it, your right rob... their is a good improvement... especially with lighting effects and everything that lies off at a distance...

Very glad that they got F1 guys to help out with it!! That game did look really really good... something I always wanted for Wipeout to have, and it DOES!!!! YES!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'm really eager to see the game in action after these last screenshots - 60fps, 1080p. Man, I was blown away by the GC demo back in summer, but if you compare the screens, that looked like SH*T in comparison to what we have now! Please, SL, give us some footage! (I'm holding my breath)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

the least they could do is put up a video demo in the store or even a playable one track demo like gt hd

Quote Originally Posted by jmoid View Post
    I agree, the Amiga-voice and weapon-warnings were great.

The change in handling fron 2097/XL was a disappointment for me when I finally got Wipeout 64, seemed like it was made too easy... .
    Spot on on both counts.

Does anyone have any idea if Wipeout HD is HD only? I heard a few old 360 titles were on HD and didnt work on normal TVs.

PSN ID
    Ash-Omen

Last edited by Ash-Omen; 14th February 2008 at 06:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Everytime I think I've convinced myself I will survive if I don't buy a PS3 for HD, someone goes and posts these gorgeous screenshots...dangitallto...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

i'm praying that HD will come out already, or at least we get some kinda preview on it...the lack of news on its development stage is tiring...i virtually check the psn and playstation store everyday to see if there's some kind of video, or if we're lucky, even a demo for HD...

ps...anyone here know if there's some sort of stat tracking for HD online??? as in, is there some kind of level system based on your skills as an anti-gravity pilot...eg...number of wins, number of enemies destroyed, number of missiles deployed, number of escapes fro missiles, number of missiles successfully hit...etc...???

Exclamation

Hopefully, now that Wipeout Pulse has been released World Wide, we get some much needed new info on WoHD.
    I really do hope they tweak the handling tremendously over Pulse though, its near impossible to keep your ship stable in pulse.