Thread: When will WIPEOUT HD be avaliable for PC.......?

Talking When will WIPEOUT HD be avaliable for PC.......?

Hi,

After the sales have settled down on the PS3 front, can we expect a PC versions of WIPEOUT HD ? . Obviously we regard to multilayer, the PC would be a superior platform ....

PLEASE Psynosis (err "Studio Liverpool" , make this game available for those who have money invested in high end PC gaming rigs..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

pfhhhhhhahaha sorry never gonna happen

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yes, totally agree with El!

Why not, you browses this WipeoutZone`s search and you will know the rest!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I didn't play w3o till years after the fact because I was hoping/holding-out for a Saturn or PC version, like there had been with the two predecessors.
    I didn't realise at the time that Psygnosis had become a part of the greater Sony machine, and that the WipEout brand was therefore forever tethered to their consoles.
    Chances are astronomically small of any WipEout title post 2097 being officially made available for any non-playstation platform.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I appreciate what your' e saying, but scee owns wipeout now. And, though other consoles are good, they just ain' t worthy.

There still is '64 and 'xl on other formats, so don' t worry.

''..can we expect a PC versions of WIPEOUT HD ?''

Totally against Sony policy; will never happen unless there is a truly radical thorough-going change in the management and a 180 degree reversal of corporate direction and psychology. This is extraordinarily unlikely.

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

I wouldn't get my hopes up. While there are also emulators, the PC's capacity to facilitate for Blu-Ray may be lacking, and then there's the issue of multiplayer on emulators and the performace being dragged down.

I wish they would do Wipeout on PC beyond 2097, as it is my favourite platform (can be updated for the next generation, great multiplayer and gamepads can be used if so wished)

As stated, it's in Sony's hands, and although the PC is actually the only other system known to me that could manage being worthy of Wipeout HD, it would require too much effort on SL's part anyway for it to be worthwhile. We all know we'll buy a PS3 in the end... a sad truth.

Timezone
    GMT -6

One word: no. Sony won't do that.

Hmmm.

See your point . What a shame.

Although all things are subject to change. Take a look at Nintendo and the Resident Evil franchise. I mean their rep , said he would practically eat his own underwear should Resident Evil 4 become available on anything other then the Nintendo platform.

But yes, wishful thinking it sounds. What a shame !!

DAMN YOU SONY !
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 20th September 2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: We have answered the question, now discussion closed