Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2295

Thread: What are you listening (now) ?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

been listening to amazing Cold Storage classic songs! and also Tiesto train album!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -6

@nu9get Trackers, f*** yeah!

I'm currently listening to a bunch of stuff by Alexander Brandon, the guy who made the soundtracks for Tyrian, Unreal and Deus Ex.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGVGOj0-qtU

Listening to this awesome RollCage Stage II soundtrack!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Kinda late, but better than never, I discovered BT. (Y'know... apart from that song of his in Fusion. Even then, it was a remix)

Currently listening to: BT - Never Gonna Come Back Down

Last edited by Ace3000; 27th February 2016 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Way to not put the video in there, dumbass.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

"Something for You" by Highway Saints

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Currently listening to: Desimal - Sindrum

The part from 0:57 onwards sounds like an alternate wipE'out" 1 intro tune... maybe.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Dang Ace, that actually sounds pretty dope. It's giving off some serious classic Psygnosis vibes.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I. Miss. You. Guys!!!!!!! mannjon has returned from the Darkness!

So lately, I've been listening (over-listening) to my latest 'album'. Been composing EDM for about a decade now. BUT I haven't really published anything.

I'd love to share it with this community, but not sure how. Anyone interested or know how to get going? Spotify would be boss, but is WAY too difficult and expensive to get exposure. Any ideas?

On a side note, been listening to a lot of deep house including but not limited to Gus Gus, Darius (french guy I think) The Twelves (not really house) and of course, myself... Atomsk.

**UPDATE** First album published. Link is: https://atomsk2.bandcamp.com/album/t...t-atomsk-built

Give it a listen if you are looking for something new and exciting to listen to!
    Last edited by mannjon; 12th March 2016 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Update

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

mannjon, may I suggest Bandcamp? I use it a lot to buy music, and when I get into making music, I'll be publishing my stuff there.

In other news, I recently bought my 3rd Squarepusher album, 2012's Ufabulum. Here's the first track, which I absolutely adore.

Currently listening to: Squarepusher - 4001

For the curious, the other 2 Squarepusher albums I have are 2006's Hello Everything and 2015's Damogen Furies

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

OMG Ace! Bandcamp "rocks"!

I am in the process of uploading my latest works. Seems legit. I'll post a link if anyone cares to hear my latest stuff. It is a mix of EDM styles with a semi-consistent theme. For the most part it is a blend of Danceable Ambient and 4 on the Floor style stuff. Honestly, I would consider it as "Experimental EDM" but it is what it is: unique.

So what am I listening to lately? A lot of Englund's stuff, mainly the song: Reverse Skydiving. I've been on a pop-house phase for a while.

But I still listen to "Over" by Icelandic House groups' finest: Gus Gus on a regular basis. Simply put: EARGASM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K703vlIgens for da listens.
    Last edited by mannjon; 12th March 2016 at 12:43 AM.

nu9get Guest

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I've been listening to a lot of Michael Jackson lately. What a legend he was.
    "Who is it" is by far my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    **UPDATE** First album published. Link is: https://atomsk2.bandcamp.com/album/t...t-atomsk-built

Give it a listen if you are looking for something new and exciting to listen to!
    Very smooth and chill sounds, quite liking it. I can see these tracks as menu music for a game, they fit really well.
    Been thinking of releasing some stuff through Bandcamp, just need some spare time

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Huh, that's some neat sounding tunes you've got there mannjon, I'm probably going to buy your stuff when I'm able to.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

@ Ace, I'm not out for money. I just checked the default amount when signing up! If you are interested, lemme know your email and I can "gift" it to you free!

I personally am not in this for any money at all. I just want to share what I've done. That's actually only my latest release, I have near 15 full albums worth of never released stuff and only just started to try to get out there more. I really just want one thing (developers out there looking at you): I want a song I wrote to make it to some racing soundtrack.

Believe me when I say this: It is hard being into more European sounding stuff being stuck in the US where glitter pop reigns supreme. I grew up listening to Autechre, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, FSOL, Oribtal (I finally have ALL their releases, including imports, it only took 11 years...). That kind of stuff will emerge again soon, but it is just so under-heard here in the US.

Anyways, always looking for feedback. Good or bad. If anyone wants a free copy let me know. I'll gladly send it!

@ Conzio, I'm glad you feel the vibe. I didn't want an album full of club hits, rather something you put on and listen to just to hear a lyric-less story (although I DO sing, but that will be in my next release, and believe me when I say that is outta my comfort zone). I've heard your stuff before, and I would totes, be interested in hearing what you have! Your works definitely seem to be along the lines of what I'm trying to do. I remember when music elicited a feel. Something you couldn't explain. I'm trying to bring that back without having any lyrics tell the story.
    Last edited by mannjon; 15th March 2016 at 12:33 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Ah, okay. You can edit the album's pricing, so if you want it to be free, you can make it like that.

Regarding to what I'm listening to, well, a mainstream alternative radio station just played a Vocaloid song. I never expected them to, which is why I'm kinda freaking out. Nevertheless, it is a pretty awesome song.

Currently listening to: ODDEEO - >This_feeling_is_a_cliché... (ft. GUMI)

it's so 80's i love it aaaaaaaa

Timezone
    GMT -6

Perturbator - Raining Steel

I just can't get this track out of my head, and it is the kind of music that I think would go really well with one of the darker, grittier entries to the WipEout series, or like Rollcage, or something. What I see the most frequently in my mind's eye with this particular track would be one of those Demo videos that plays when you let the main menu for an old game run idle for long enough, where it contains a mix of the most action-packed gameplay footage, some pre-rendered stuff, and in the event that the game in question has a story mode, snippets from that as well.

A story-driven WipEout game would actually be pretty cool, ya know?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I've been listening to their new single Neo Tokyo a lot, I love it. The only reason why I haven't linked it here is because, well... the artwork is kinda NSFW.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 16th March 2016 at 04:52 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I've waited an hour... he hasn't shown up. Oh well...

Here's Conzio's new track... this one is really beautiful.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Ah yes, thanks Ace

It was an early morning and I decided to record the rain. The recording ended up being the backbone of Blue Rain.
    The picture was taken just down the street from the recording, which at the time I was helping a friend of mine with his short film.

Hope you guys enjoy

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I've been on a Jamiroquai kick lately. I bought his collected works music video collection back when I was in college and pulled it out thinking it was something else after drinking too much Fireball a few days ago.

I was too lazy to find the DVD I was looking for (which was One Piece Collection 14 btw) and just sat and listened to the whole thing.

Since, I've been rediscovering Acid Jazz all over again.

This. Just this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHSH9sJUEo

As a super straight married man, I'd hit that. Jay Kay is hot and as a Fedora/Trillby aficionado, exotic car enthusiast, and future Buckinghamshire Mansion owner, I think we'd make great neighbors. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mannjon; 7th April 2016 at 12:04 AM.