Thread: Mandrashee 3 Zone Problem

Default Mandrashee 3 Zone Problem

When you come out of the underwater tunnel, where there is a jump into another tunnel, I smash into the area just above the tunnel when I have reached zone 26-28 and I can't seem to avoid doing this
    Help!

I`m no Zone guru, but if my memory serves me ok there are two ways of dealing with this:

Method 1: You can perform a dive into the sea to the left of the tunnel entrance. This doesn`t cost you any shield energy as you respawn inside the tunnel, where you want to end up. The snag with this method is that you respawn at pretty much full speed, and can`t be sure which way you will be pointing when you restart and you may drive into the wall. You will probably lose some energy this way, but not as much as smacking into the top of the tunnel.

Method 2: Before going off the jump into the tunnel, put the nose down and use the brakes to violently swing the ship back and forth in each direction. I never mastered this and it might not be the best description. This takes a lot more skill and courage, but I think it is the best method to get you through unscathed, according to the zone pros.

We need Hellfire, but these are basically the two options.

I think I'll try Method 1 for now, but if anyone could expand on Method 2 for me that would be appreciated; I have a feeling I'll need to master it anyway.

Oh, and thanks Lunar.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Ah yes, the slingshot

It's a bit difficult to explain, but what you need to do as you approach the jump is to turn and brake as though you are about to navigate a corner, and then just before you go over the jump, brake turn the other way to bring the craft straight again. This needs to be done in quick succession. For some reason this lowers the height of the jump and will tide you over until about Zone 60, when you probably will need to just dive off and respawn. It'll take practice, but I guarantee you won't hit the tunnel if you get it right.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Amazing! how the H did you come up with that?
    must've taken long time to figure it out!

Thanks Hellfire, sounds ticky but will certainly be useful.
    And , yeah, what he ^^ said.