Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machine guns

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Default Machine guns

what's the deal with the machine guns? there's that code to use them, and I was wondering if there was a way to get them by actually playing the game. I think that would be awesome.
    What's the deal with those things anyway? I'm thinking it was a weapon they put in, but it didn't work right, and they didn't have time to fix it before release, so they made it a code instead.
    In any case, I would say it's a very useful weapon. It can take down a craft in like 5 shots. and it even has a slight kickback too.

Hi!

I think no one has found one in the game without using the Code, yet. And probably mobody ever will, though it would be very funny if one discovered that waepon in-game.

I don't think they really wanted it in the game. It would be unfair, anyway. They would've had to implement some sort of Ammo count for it... Perhaps they needed it to test the "contender eliminated" Sound ... I don't know.

I raced several games with the machine gun and found it quite boring. There's no fun in being able to shoot down all your contenders. The "real" in-game weapons are way more fun. Don't you like Quakes, too?
    I also found the recoil rather annoying... You can't gain real speed when firing the MG.

PS: The MG is the only weapon a Piranha can carry. That makes that team nearly unbeatable, i think... Such a powerful ship with that weapon... No, thanks...

My .02 €
    Cheers, r007

Default beatable without machine gun?

I believe it's unbeatable anyway. No other ship is even close

Well... OK, Zoolander. You're right. It's unbeatable even without MG, but that wasn't the initial discussion, was it? :wink:

BTW... Would you actually use the MG when playing Piranha? I like it better to concentrate on racing than on shooting down enemies. When playing Piranha, at least.
    (Just like Piermont said, quote: I do not believe in craft and pilot, weapons and shields, attack and defence. Everything is part of the whole, and that whole is the pursuit of magnificence. Unquote.)

So long,
    r007

Default machine gun

It just bothers me while I am racing. I ditch every weapon anyways except for autopilot or turbo. The rest just make ships stop in front of you

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

If you use Missile or Rockets on a ship when it's right infront of you, it launches up into the air (spinning out of control and all that) and you go under it.
    So I find those weapons useful on occasion.
    And Quake I just use as soon as I get it, on the off chance that I'm far enough ahead that it'll rock the ships in last place.
    And Mines are good to drop immediately just in case they last long enough for the craft behind you to go over them.
    The energy pak is always good.
    Shields I guess can be annoying because you hafta cancel them to use the weapon you pick up.
    Still, on the whole, I can't see the benefit to dropping all in search of Autopilots and Turbos.
    How is dropping better than usage?

Default dropping

YOu have more chances to pick up other "performance enhancing weapons" and the ships do stop in front of you(especially with multiple opponents being lapped) IT's easier to just go around, although I do drop mines and fire locked on missles backwards.

'Tis true that a superbly skilled pilot with a Piranha will beat every other contender. However, here at home my brother and I used to have "time trial battles". I couldn't master the Piranha ship (I never liked ships with a handling that slick - I need raw power and a forceful powerslide ) and he couldn't master the Qirex. And we often beat each others' times despite the fact that he had the Piranha.

My opinion simpy is that it takes more skill to fly a Piranha in 2097 than it does in, for example, Fusion.

Peace,
    V.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Default piranha machine gun

can i activate the gun somehow with the saturn version?

Well, I found this code.. couldn't tell you if it works though, but you can give it a shot:

"Hold L + R + Down and press 2*X during game play."

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Default saturn cheat

works great thx wiseman

a green fading screenflash indicates the cheat is working. i wonder if im able to shoot down ALL the contenders - my highest so far is 10 eliminations...

Default piranha vs qirex

Vas, all that means is you are the better pilot by a longshot

Lol, well thanks Zoolander, I'll let my brother know .

Peace,
    V.

Default skill for piranha

and your right, it does take much more skill to not hit with the piranha in xl compared to fusion.

Default Re: machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    It just bothers me while I am racing. I ditch every weapon anyways except for autopilot or turbo. The rest just make ships stop in front of you
    Wait a minute...

You use the autopilot? Say it isn't so!!

(Yeah, I know this post is a month old... I just caught it. Sorry about that.)

yep, i recall seeing a post several months ago where Al mentioned using autopilot at Manortop

PSN ID
    Thorinx

simply :roll:

Default best times

I haven't played it for a while, but as I recall, in order to use your turbo properly to the maximum advantage in race mode, you need to use autopilot two times on the turns, otherwise you run out of turbo too early. Obviously, you can't use it on TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    yep, i recall seeing a post several months ago where Al mentioned using autopilot at Manortop
    ...i remember.
    the SR records reflect it. (NTSC)

I use the same tricks at Manor Top. Blisteringly fast .

Peace,
    V.