Thread: I Am Appauled!

Default I Am Appauled!

(i probably spelt the title wrong, but)

I am absolutly mad that the pulse promo was leasked, it was meant for only the site owners and reporters of that type of media, its exactly like spiderman 3 dvd being previewed but leaked as well. its not well mannered to do these things. and the person responsable should be put into jail, (maybe too dramatic,) but still, i will have to and gladly wait for it, (for i am not homebrew enabled, ) so should everyone else.

post your opinions.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Yes, we were all pretty upset when we heard about the promo being leaked, but our pal, Infoxicated, made sure that no-one would post anything like screenshots of it here. It'd ruin WipEoutZones connection with SL.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

APVangeli, I've been thinking about the same thing ever since banned user The Uncreated first posted about his impressions of the code.

I was the one who brought up the damages that it could cause. Then awhile later, I wondered. This was only meant for the gaming press in Europe, originally. Yet, I, an average pilot with no connections with the development team or the press, can type "Wipeout Pulse" into a torrent client and bring back five results related to this demo. Unless it was the work of hackers, clearly the intent of one of these members of the press was not at all good. I wouldn't throw him in the gulag, but I'd definitely let his/her superiors know about it and have their credentials eliminated. (Preferably with the WO3 one-hit easy-kill Plasma Bolt ^_^)

I'm proud to say, though, that I am gladly waiting for Wipeout Pulse in its full, complete version. (OK, maybe I'll cheat the system a tad and import the game from the first region it's available.)

Besides, incomplete demos can be pretty boring after extended non-stop play.

wipeoutzone has connections with studio liverpool? i never knew that! cool.

Timezone
    GMT -6

You know an imported version would cost, like, 3 times more. Either way, good for you!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Yes, Rob is emplyed with the company. Colin Berry is the lead designer and Egg does craft designs for the game, and both are registered users here.

Nick Burcombe, Damon Fairclough, and Tim "CoLD SToRAGE" Wright are some other notable members who have been involved with the game in the past.

Angryman: Actually, maybe 2 times. It might come down to that if the US release date is still listed as TBA in September X_X

Timezone
    GMT -6

September...too...far...away...

NEED NOW! AHHHHHHHH!
    (Kills nearest fly with clenched fist.)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Are there different "levels" at which demos are sent out? I'm pretty sure that play-able code that is previewed solely to major media outlets like, say, IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy and some of the bigger paper magazines NEVER EVER leak to the internet.

In contrast, it sounds like this demo was sent to smaller outlets and individual webpage masters, which would seem to greatly increase the likelihood of a leak. Not that it is acceptable for ANY leakage to happen-- but it would seem like something that Sony and SL probably knew would happen, given the state of PSP hackery and custom firmware use.

In any case, it's definitely for the best that preview code discussion is cut short, else this place be over-run with comments and criticisms based on half-baked code.

yeah, if those sites did that, well, i trust and like and use those sites, but if they did that, i would turn away from them. i couldn't be in the same room with them, if they did that, thats disrespect to earth, (dramatically,)

This topic has already been thoroughly discussed in another thread which is still open, hence this new thread is redundant. Thread closed.