Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Exostra Run - Advanced Tips Needed

Well, the time table of the NTSC version of Pure is quiet static compared to the one of EU version.
    However, the only version I've of Pure (shame on me?) is the NTSC ...so I go on playing that one.

Usually I take a look to the time table of EU to see which is the "limit" to brake.
    However...It seems that Steven Hunter is trying to upgrade his times recently...
    Good for me the challenge push my fastest times down...Even if I can lose the top of the chart

ps. Congratulation West!! ...However I'll try to beat your time (when I'll have again my psp in my hand )

Ciao!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Ah, Mr. Alemanno I presume!
    Your Zone ship performance gave me great hope for the longest time that I could avoid having to use the Triakis. Unfortunately, I'm just nowhere near as good with the Zone as you are! It's a bit too twitchy for my tastes. So I've sadly had to switch to the big T for record-breaking porpoises. (Speed Dolphins!)

Your Vector and Venom times are simply fantastic. I'd like a copy of those ghosts if I could get them off you! Heck, your flash lap time is pretty sweet too.

Jack: I dunno, at 19.5 I'm going almost as fast as I can. I'm not sure I could take a full second off no matter what I put into it. I'm likely going to switch over to EU shortly anyway though. Beating that one should give me all the extra flight time and track practice I need to get to the next level...

Ah, Mr. Alemanno I presume!

Yes

Your Zone ship performance gave me great hope for the longest time that I could avoid having to use the Triakis. Unfortunately, I'm just nowhere near as good with the Zone as you are! It's a bit too twitchy for my tastes. So I've sadly had to switch to the big T for record-breaking porpoises. (Speed Dolphins!)

I've seen that almost all the best times are made with Triakis (in the EU chart seems to be so).
    As I told to CD_Rom with private email, I prefer Zone for the same reason you don't like it
    I prefer ships that are very reactive since I've unlocked Piranha in WO 2097.

As you avoid Triakis, I've always avoided Icaras in WO3...but I've to admit that ship is the best for fastest lap (ehm...well...I remember that Arnoud is extremely fast also with Quirex...but this is another story! )

Your Vector and Venom times are simply fantastic. I'd like a copy of those ghosts if I could get them off you! Heck, your flash lap time is pretty sweet too.

If you like to have my ghosts, I can try to send to you...but...as I wrote in my previous post, when I'll have again my psp in my hand.

However, actually I'm trying to improve my times in Sol2 . Steven Hunter is back on that time tables and his times were very interesting...so I've tried to beat them
    Last edited by Tokai; 16th October 2007 at 05:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Hey! Pierluigi , that is great to see you writting down here in the forum.
    Italian team is becomming strong with 3 fast pilots ( you, Niko(ilnik) and famous umd-Rom )

Stevie will be hard to beat for your zone on Sol2 : this is his beloved track

Ciao Arnaud

umd-Rom (he changed his nick ? ) a couple of mounths ago sent an email to me introducing himself and asking me to register to the forum.

I was away from here from long time...gommenasai ( ) but not far from the chart

I will try to write (and read) more the posts on the forum since now...

About Stevie. I've noticed that his time on Sol 2 track in NTSC chart is better (for low speeds) than what he has done with the EU version...uhm...this is "scaring" me if you say that Sol2 is his favorite track!!
    ....but I'll try to do my best to improve

Everything in the meantime waiting for Pulse

Ciao!!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Tokai View Post
    this is "scaring" me if you say that Sol2 is his favorite track!!
    Agreed. Sol 2 is the easiest track of all... I think they should have kept the location in mid-air, but made a much more challenge... Their should be a reason why only the most skilled pilots were allowed to race Sol 2...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    Their should be a reason why only the most skilled pilots were allowed to race Sol 2...
    ... I figured it was because if you fell off the track, you were gone. And it wasn't all that tough to get to, just beat Alpha and you get it.

I think they originally had a different design for game progression where Sol2 was the final unlock.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

I like sol2 coz there are no BRs there .. exept that very hard one, yes.

wasn't this an exostra run topic ? ..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

The barrel roll on Sol 2 is easy. Now, barrel rolling immediately after the start/finish line on Staten Park is hard -- ridiculously hard. I pulled it off once at the last Toronto meet, with a Feisar no less.

- F

Quote Originally Posted by zargz View Post
    wasn't this an exostra run topic ? ..
    Yes``

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Ran a bunch of laps on Exostra after a rather long hiatus and it's remarkable how I've managed to maintain my reflexes for this track -- very little rust to work off. In no time was I running mid to low 18s again. Just wanted to see if I could still do it relatively easily. Preparing for my comeback.

- F