Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2097 coming to Playstation store!

damn I got excited for a moment. Really hope 2097 comes to the store.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

You know what with the way things are going I bet they miss 2097 and go straight to Wipeout 3 and not Special Edition either. I'm only basing that on they way they've been releasing the classics so far.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Hopefully, Sony might do an achievement system - so many points equals one free download? I really wanna play 2097/1 again!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I think they need to be Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 3 SE!!!!!! As I have both of these, but can't play them in their format!! So this indeed would make a huge plus for me...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Anyone knows if we will see 2097 in the psp store anytime soon?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    You know what with the way things are going I bet they miss 2097 and go straight to Wipeout 3 and not Special Edition either. I'm only basing that on they way they've been releasing the classics so far.
    Then again, Jet Moto 3 is already on PSN - the entire trilogy is now available, and while Jet Moto is a fine game, it's certainly not quite Wipeout caliber.

SCE will get around to releasing XL/2097, certainly. It's too important a game in the series to pass up.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I think if xl or 2097 was gonna be released, they would've done it already. The interest level in the game I'm sure is well-known. At first I thought they delayed it because they didn't want to eclipse pure and reduce potential sales. But after the long wait, and finally the release of pulse, it's clear that it's no where in sight... I guess I'll just excavate a psone copy from some where.

But, hands down, XL/2097 had the best level of immersion in the series. The art-direction, sensation of speed, sound effects, musical score are beyond comparison, and have yet to out done. It did so much with so little. Pure and Pulse, especially with portability, multiplayer, and deeper gameplay, are clearly more advanced in terms of engineering and technology. But, XL/2097 had this hypnotic effect and coolness that no other game before or after on any platform could match. It ranks as my favorite game of all time.

Blazing through the tracks in phantom with piranha at 1500+ mph, and outrunning missles and quakes, and lapping enemy craft desperately and manically firing at you every second, echoing accurately according to doppler-effect, and the screen shaking, and rain/snow flyiing at you, with loops of fury or landmass at crescendo, and nailing a new record time with perfect laps had to be the most exhilirating and memorable experiences in all realms of entertainment that I ever experienced... Get the picture. I guess you had to be there.

But if anybody from liverpool studio is reading this, I'd like to thank you for bringing back wipeout, even for fusion, as pure and currently pulse are as entertaining as they are meticulously well-designed examples of engineering and design. They are the reasons why I got a psp (and possibly a second one soon as my direction pads are warped), and HD is the reason why I got a ps3 instead of a 360.
    Last edited by ima_gin_e; 2nd March 2008 at 03:24 AM.

I hope to god the US PSN store gets Wipeout XL quickly.
    The only reason I'm seriously debating modding my PSP was so that I can play XL and wip3out!

So i assume it is out for EU PSN store? since I can only find news that it was delayed.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

nope, still not out.
    it's been through the PEGI rating system, so it has apparently been prepared for release, but there's no sign of it yet.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Weird thing: When I got a copy of Uncharted, Wipeout and Wipeout 2097 were listed in the Classic games section of a PSN promotional booklet, but only the original Wipeout is on the store.

Last edited by Nadia Elenova; 15th March 2008 at 11:36 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Maybe something went wrong.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Well, in fact they announced wipeout 2097 along with other PS1 titles in Jul 07, the booklet was printed in Oct 07. I don't know what to think.

I've just seen this too (the news is from a couple of weeks ago, Wipeout 2097 and Wip3out are on the list)

http://www.todojuegos.com/noticia-66...ystation-Store
    Last edited by Nadia Elenova; 18th March 2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: link added

PSN ID
    HK-50 / XBL: WipeoutJunkie

Theres also a new psp system update out today (3.93) that includes more support for Playstation Network titles. I dont wanna get my hopes up but it looks like theres something on the way.

http://uk.playstation.com/help-suppo...28ver-3-93%29/

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Could be waiting a while. Heres how they decide what PSOne games make it into the PS Store, they claimed the entire back catalog at one point but now and this is official, heres how it is done.

Monday morning, some important Sony building, boss walks in:

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen it's time to put the finishing touches to this months PS Store updates. All we have left to sort out is the selection of Playstation classics, so, with that in mind I need a couple of volunteers and will someone please pass me the top hat and a couple of blindfolds so we can get started."
    LOL judge dredd is really a ridicolous choice, it was the ugly brother of time crisis.
    sony selection works like a blind football talent scout..

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Well they did get Jet Moto series right, and the Destruction Derby games are ace.

But XL would definitely be a worthy addition.

That was a nice description of XL earlier, except the speed is 492 maximum, not 1500 like fzero. Unless of course you use the autopilot speed cheat, which can get you to around 2300 or so

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Koeben

I'd be quite pleased if they did release Xl/2097 to the playstation network. I played XL but only rented it for week. Never got to play it again.........

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    AbstractPanda -OFW-

I feel your pain. I rented XL way back when it first came out (I was 11 years old) That game was the coolest game I had ever played. I guess now I'll just have to go out and find a Negcon, a PS2, and a copy of XL/2097 on ebay. Ah, the things I do for Wipeout =D
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 25th March 2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: unecessary quote being removed please read the guidelines

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I am amazed at how rare the XL copies are on Ebay, compared to the number of 2097 copies available. I was going to pick up an extra copy of XL *just in case*. But wow, the competition is fierce! You can get 2097 for half a pound, but XL will cost $20! Guess I'd better be careful with my copy...I'll likely never get the download version - if there ever is one.

PSN ID
    love9sick

Wait....there is a difference between 2097 and XL? I always thought they are one and the same game ... I have XL the original for PSX or ...maybe it is 2097..since I thought they are the same thing. I hope it comes to PSN though, my CD is so worn out the music doesn't play and the CD takes a while to launch. That goes for Wipeout 3 as well but I can actually play it.
    Last edited by love9sick; 7th October 2008 at 05:50 PM.