Thread: An orthodox view on records?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5

Default An orthodox view on records?

I used the search function, and couldn't find threads discussing this... If I'm wrong about no prior discussion, feel free to trout me.

I'm currently training to be in top shape for when Pulse hits the streets, and while posting my records I've developed a certain mentality when viewing the record boards...

I've found that I feel that records obtained by using the Zone ship are completely valid. The ship is an unlock, and in my opinion is unbalanced. Granted, it takes skill to pilot the craft, but I think given it's stats and method of obtainment (that it's not a starting ship) I let my eyes glaze over a bit whenever I see Zone ship records...

Am I justified in having this view, and does anyone share or highly oppose this opinion?
    Last edited by Shinji16; 17th July 2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Fixing a grammar and a spelling issue

PSN ID
    damonhill0

I don't get what you mean. Did you mean that the times should count or should be disregarded?

The only trouble is, while the Zone ship kills everything at lower speed classes, Triakis is much better at the higher classes.

My opinion is that it is part of the game, not a glitch or exploit, and therefore should be counted.

It's a classic argument though.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by rageagainstgeorge View Post
    I don't get what you mean. Did you mean that the times should count or should be disregarded?
    A little of both; while the record should be accounted for, I'm not sure if it should be held in the same class/grouping as records with other ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by rageagainstgeorge
    My opinion is that it is part of the game, not a glitch or exploit, and therefore should be counted.
    Even with the starting ships?
    Quote Originally Posted by rageagainstgeorge
    It's a classic argument though.
    Good to know; I figured as much.

PSN ID
    damonhill0

I think Zone should be counted with the other ships because, in race mode, it loses big time to the other ships because of its low shields.

Bizzarely, it looses to other ships in TT mode because of the same reason. Less shields = less barrell rolls. This is one the reasons Triakis dominates the records.

Triakis is better candidate to be excluded. There is a bug where, although the handling stat is shown as being low, the Triakis acutally handles a lot better than its stats err... state. It's practically a supership.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

who would win in a Descension, Triakis or Zone?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

On Phantom Decension? both!

stevie