Thread: Wipeout HD Ghost Racing

Smile Wipeout HD Ghost Racing

Am I correct in saying that there are going to be online record tables in the forthcoming releases via the Playstation Network?

Has there been any information released regarding the downloading sharing of ghosts via this channel? We will be able to share skins when we race each other yeah?

Also, do you think we may be able to load multiple ghosts in Wipeout HD? I see you can get two ghosts in Forza 2, no reason the PS3 shouldnt be able to handle it

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I really hope that the new Wipeout games (both Pulse and HD) support online time trial competition-- with leaderboards, ghost sharing and the like

Speaking for myself, time trialing is at least as fun as multiplayer, and there's a TON of potential here to make Wipeout time trials an interactive and interesting experience.

My reading of the Pulse forum suggests that at least some of this is coming but also that the details haven't been fully revealed.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I love time trialing, and most of the time, in any racing game, i spend more time doing that, than actual racing

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Don't worry about free play - I just found out the new 'Speed Lap' acts as free play, giving you 99 laps to race (possibly more, haven't tried ).
    Eventually disinterred a suitable thread for a reply.

That`s great news, Martin. Hot lapping will be much more pleasurable for this, and thanks to SL for the change. Anything you can tell us about the structure of the personal records? Does it keep only one record for best TT lap from all game modes, like Pure, or does it still have the repetition of best TT lap and best Speed Lap as in Pulse?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I'd like to know as well!

(Thanks Lunar for bumping this long-buried thread )

I am THRILLED to hear that the number of laps in a speed lap event can be altered-- this is my biggest complaint about Pulse, honestly-- seven laps is simply not enough for me to always enter "the zone" for hotlapping.

My hope is that best laps are only set in Speed Lap and that best races are only set in Time Trials. Or, perhaps better, the best lap can be set in either event but only the best lap time is saved (i.e., there aren't two best laps).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Does it keep only one record for best TT lap from all game modes, like Pure, or does it still have the repetition of best TT lap and best Speed Lap as in Pulse?
    From what I've seen (haven't really dug into the record tables yet), it only takes complete race times from TT, but single laps from Speed Lap. I'm not 100% sure if fastest laps from Single Races and Tournaments end up in the same category as fastest laps from Speed Lap (I hope not, will look into this). However, no fastest laps are set in TT.
    The number of laps on Speed Lap cannot be altered, it's infinite.
    Last edited by eLhabib; 17th September 2008 at 10:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thx Martin
    Infinite speed laps is really cool event ala Pure : you can enter the Matrix of finding the ultimate fastest lap you can : and no matter it takes you 1 Hour or 3 : you are focused on it and not wasting your time ( or simply loosing your Mojo-line) to reload the track after those 7 short laps in Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I just checked, and there are record tables for:
    - Single Race (racetime)
    - TT (racetime)
    - Speed Lap (lap time)
    - Zone (points)
    - Multiplayer (racetime)

Oh and you can copy ghosts individually from your savedata - ghost sharing next gen, ahoy!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

So cool multiplayer racetime will be ranked. I will better accept, if it's rewarded, the long "nouveau record du tour" message, wich hide half of the track and occur lot of wall's rebounds to me.
    I think a wise choice of hud will help too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

get the english language ' new lap record' is shorter to display on your screen ' ok i know it's not the best solution

Thx again El, it's really much appreciated here all the details you published.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I use english instinctively, even though I'm french, so I have trouble translating stuff back in french
    The game is better in english anyways

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Infinite laps, that is what I wanted to hear. Yihaa cowboys! Online racetime rankings will be interesting, but will it only count with a full grid?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

What do you mean Mad-Ice by "full grid"?

Infinite laps is PERFECT for Speed Lap events! Cannot wait

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Because it will be easier to get a faster race time if you only have like two or three racers on the starting 'grid' then with a full grid; eight racers.