Thread: No CoLD SToRAGE?!

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Default No CoLD SToRAGE?!

Ive just read on CoLD SToRAGE's forum that he wont be featuring in Pulse, or any other future WipEout game for that matter - WHATS GOING ON!?

Even though i didn't really like his track on Pure, i still find him to be an integral part of the series - WipEout just isnt WipEout without a little CoLD SToRAGE.

Thoughts?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Indeed.

This has actually already been discussed, by the man himself even: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=12

Timezone
    GMT + 12

oh - i didnt realise. sorry for starting a new topic then, if its already been discussed and whatnot.

I could not beleive there is no Cold Storage in Pulse

Maybe getting a petition together would be a good idea, we must have Cold Storage in PS3 Wipeout

I defer to Tim Wright's opinion.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I'm bummed about the (apparent) lack of CoLD SToRAGE in Pulse because, for me, Tim's songs have always been my favorites for giving the racing mood. In Pure, most of the tracks I have activated are by CoLD SToRAGE.

Anyway, I can say FOR SURE that CoLD SToRAGE songs will be the primary songs for my custom soundtrack, along with a bit of Paul Van Dyk and Chemical Brothers

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Yeah good point... the ability to import custom soundtracks is going to kick some major ass!

I've always been partial to the W3O soundtrack myself so can't wait to get that one cranking for Pulse

PSN ID
    xdirex

Quote Originally Posted by The Gracer View Post
    Even though i didn't really like his track on Pure, i still find him to be an integral part of the series - WipEout just isnt WipEout without a little CoLD SToRAGE.
    His track on Pure was actually my favourite on the whole soundtrack, despite some of my favourite artists being featured.

He will be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    Anyway, I can say FOR SURE that CoLD SToRAGE songs will be the primary songs for my custom soundtrack, along with a bit of Paul Van Dyk and Chemical Brothers
    Good shout bro

I know it has been confirmed that Wipeout Pulse will have custom soundtrack capability - but will Wipeout HD? Hope so - Cold Storage selection will be the first thing that is getting played

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Well technically he's not on the soundtrack. However, thanks to Pulse's technological custom soundtracks, he's definitely going to be on my PSP...at least Probably be the first thing I'll do when I get the game. Which I've said in another post but got to give my boy CS props and say it again

As Frances stated above, Cold Storage puts me in a racing mood or in the zone When I'm having a hard time on a track and Cold Storage tune comes on randomly I honestly do better. As for Onyx on Pure, I think that song is great and was a perfcect fit for the game!

I was disapointed not to see Tim's contribution to the soundtrack for Pulse but I think with custom soundtracks that the focus isn't so much on music as it used to be. Don't get me wrong, music is a fundamental part of any Wipeout game. However, the trumpets are blaring over custom soundtracks. Whereas I'd be stoked about getting Kraftwerk

However that's for another thread.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Perhaps it's just time for him to move around some more in life. See some of the other side of things. I'm sure if he's going for good, his style won't be forgotten in future Wipeouts... and mabye we'll see a lot of similar styles anyway...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboy Gajo View Post
    Well technically Whereas I'd be stoked about getting Kraftwerk
    Dont get me wrong its a cool track - Ive got an old live version of aero dynamik.... it just doesnt get you in the 'zone' like Cold Storage does

Angry

This is a disgrace.

The man IS wipeout music.

Bring it back!

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

I love his music, 'Messij' just gives me a racing euphoria.
    It's a shame he won't be Pulse, and possibly in any more Wipeouts, but at least we can use Custom Soundtracks to put his music on.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Well, even if he's not included in the game, as already said, we'll be able to add his tracks in future generation games, so he'll be able to continue production if he really wants to... at least their's more of a choice for him now...

yeah, but if you have the song, you can just add it to ur playlist.