Thread: demo from wipeout pulse

Default demo from wipeout pulse

i don t know if it s already posted but i have found a link for the demo wipeout pulse
    Last edited by infoxicated; 17th July 2007 at 12:31 PM. Reason: link removed

sotty i forgot that u have to cereate an account there

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

What the...?

Did you happen to incidentally read that warning?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Oh boy... let's just wait for the lock and the ban.

i don t think it s promoting piracy or anything else
    i know here s the wipeout community so i KNOW that every wipeout gamers will buy the original game
    this is just a demo ... nothing more just a few circuits and ships
    so if ot s piracy or anything else then .... BAN and sorry for the desagrement

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

The preview code was only given out to certain people AFAIK, not a wide release. As it was leaked, it was not appreciated.

soory then i didn t knew rthat
    i only thought it would be cool just to see a preview of this wipeout
    i do not promote the piracy but a demo is not illegal ( that s just my point of view maybe i m wrong )

it`s not a demo. It`s preview code which was never meant to be supplied to anyone except games journalists and those on a strictly controlled list. It is illegal to distribute this - it`s not your property and you have no right to do so. So please delete that link before someone else does.
    Last edited by lunar; 17th July 2007 at 12:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Yeah where the problem lies is it wasnt actually a "demo" as such mate... A demo is obviously released with the intention of general public consumption... this release was early preview code intended for a select few journalists and the like to get an early insight into how the game is shaping up.

If it was an actual demo strictly speaking there wouldn't be a problem because as I said, the intention would have been there for it to get out there to the public. With this release, that wasn't the case and that is where the distinction is made between "demo" and "preview code".

Hope this makes it clearer.

PSN ID
    technicolour

This ISN'T a demo though, Demo's are usually based on the final build, but with features removed. The preview is closer to a beta, with features still unfinished or completely missing. It is very probable that the distribution of the preview is affecting sails, for example, 'casual' gamers (See: not nutters ), may play the preview thinking it's a demo representing the final product, and could very well be turned off the game.

The reason it's distributed to professional journalists only is because they have a professional eye, they can identify the parts that represent the final product and post an objective preview.

Sony has been very good lately, in regards to releasing demo's for its 'high profile' games. I'm sure there will be an official demo, and if we're lucky, it might even be as early as the end of august.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Vitor has been banned for ever.

This thread is now closed.