Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

What are you crying about exactly? That the US never gets anything first, yeah damn outrage that is we greedy Euros get everything eh.

What on earth are you people thinking ?

Why not merely request that WIPEOUT HD eventually make its way to the PC.

MY GOD PEOPLE!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Oh, I see what you're saying... a Sony first party studio should port a PS3 exclusive game over to a Games For Windows environment?

What on earth are you thinking?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think he was looking for a Wipeout 2097 style port to PC.
    Let's face it - Studio Liverpool is a first-party developer of Sony, Wipeout will not be on the PC.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Oh, I see what you're saying... a Sony first party studio should port a PS3 exclusive game over to a Games For Windows environment?

What on earth are you thinking?
    Totally agreed! Just wanted to mention that "Games for Windows" is Microsoft's attempt to introduce sort of a games label for the PC platform and not the only way to publish games on the PC.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Lightbulb

hey all, if your thinking of getting a PS3 for WOHD you may want to wait awhile if you like the rumble function as the Duelshock3 has been officially announced
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/19/s...-3-controller/

so I'm presuming PS3's will start shipping with the new Controllers pretty soon, I know I'll be more inclined to buy one now, been waiting ages for this announcement.(not that I like rumble in WipEout games)

good day to all
    -Stevie

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

Wow, what amount of posts!

I'm just back on the site and back on my psp and I want to answer to the thread title.

YES. I've already buy a ps3 only for the wipeout HD game. And an HDTV too.

But not only for this.

I also watch the TV sometimes. And blue ray disc too.

PS3 is a fantastic media machine.

Also dirty fingers of my 15months son are thinking like me. He really enjoy a lot with the sensible and coloured open-close button

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I haven't answered yet to this topic.
    Since a recent discussion through msn with Stephen spk, i shall answer no, i won't buy a ps3 for HD cause Pulse and HD will be launched almost at the same moment. I want to spend time ( few months) on Pulse as i guess it will be a topgame, before purchasing that too expensive ps3 ( for us euro citizen ).
    I also prefer saving my money to visit my friends all over the world : that is a choice too

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

considering I end up buying every console that has wipeout as soon as they release a version for it.. I suppose I'll be budgeting for a PS3 this fall/christmas...

I suppose in reality i've just been looking for an excuse to buy the system that sets it apart from the xbox360 as other than heavenly sword, resistance, and linux support, I've yet to see anything that really warrants its purchase.

Also happy that I won't have to buy multiple systems to play the regional variants of the game legally, unlike the psx

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

The good thing: PS3 is getting cheaper!
    I already saw the PS3 for 500€ in Berlin. And then the Starter Pack (including a 2nd controller and two games) for 600€.
    And I'm sure we will see more price drops in future. If not before Chistmas, then after. And yes, I look forward to the rumored 40GB PS3 for 400€, may it be true or not. I'm sure that would boost the PS3's sales as I know many people who wait for the PS3 to drop under the 500€ mark.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

I'd rather Sony just stuck to one system configuration and gave users two or 3 different hard drive options so that people wouldn't get confused which one they are buying and developers wouldn't have to think about the differences in the consoles when designing games

chur chur
    -Stevie
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 4th October 2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: quotation eliminated !

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    ....won't buy a ps3....
    You will get one eventually, right?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by zer0shen View Post
    I'd rather Sony just stuck to one system configuration
    good thing you are in new zealand then!
    we only have the 60Gb version with all the memcard readers and wireless integrated. That's our only option.
    Asked in store when I bought one today.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Sweet as Leon
    Enjoy your new precious baby

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    You will get one eventually, right?
    Yeah for sure , i only meant i haven't planned to buy one in december.
    I am a bit disapointed and happy too : why these 2 antagonists feeling ? happy for having 2 wipeout games in the same year , disapointed that their launch date are so close.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

I'm personally probably going to get one of the original-release ps3's before they disappear, due to the additional features being removed for the new low-cost ps3... but they do come in a new color of black and white

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

...yes and without PS2 support -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    No I do not have a PS3 but for any WipEout game I will buy any console.
    Ha, same as...

-- Hello all. I was here a couple of years ago drooling over Pure. I got a Japanese PSP and Japanese Pure, which I kinda wished otherwise, as I never got to see the cool Euro game packs.

Alas I have just bought myself a new Slim PSP, and eagerly await Pure Platinum to tide me over until Pulse is released.

I've been fanboying the Pulse site all day and night, and am very excited by the soundtrack so far. Oh, and Mag strips... it's gonna be ace...

Seriously willing to blow 2k on a surround and TV set up to play WipEout HD.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Is it my only reason for buying a ps3 and HDTV? No.

Is it a large part of it? Hell yeah!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Been quite a few months since I've visited this forum.

I just bought a PS3[They were flying out of the shop in Sydney when I bought mine,appears fears that the 60g version won't be available once the 40g lite version comes out] and an Xbox 360 elite on the same day.

Main reason for getting both was both the consoles have HDMI output [a must for my setup]and not knowing which HD format was/is going to win out.
    And I thought it better value to get two gaming consoles rather than buying standalone solely disc players.
    I must say that the 1080 native resolution discs [be them Blueray or HDDVD] are an absolute joy to watch,even compared with standard DVD upscaled to 1080,and my HTPC is no slouch in that department.

But to stay on topic.
    Great a [NEW?] Wipeout.....Ummm.
    At least they didn't go down the "Fusion" road.

If they can get the sixaxis controllers sensitivity adjustable like the old Negcon...WHOO..HOOO!,Now that would be something.

Having to download the actual game doesn't inspire me to be totally honest,It took just over 35min for me to update to the newest PS3 software.
    [Guess a new broadband plan coming up]
    Being able to play online against some of you guys [You all KNOW you are going to be at it eventually] is fantastic news.

Just single player mode when NOT online sort of lessens the joy of this release.[If that is the correct info].

Being able to finally fly around those courses as they should be played without having to deal with the PSP [I never have got to terms with that unit,it's been sitting in a draw since late feb] is really like having a new wipeout for me.
    Although that new PSP with video out that they showed playing on a huge screen looked intriguing [bet there was some major rescaling going behind the scenes though].
    I was REALLY appalled at they news that the majority of the coding for the original wipeout's have been lost,guess my hopes of a recoding of those classics has been well and truly scuttled.

All up,well things are moving fast [tech wise] I suppose we will all have to get used to it.
    There might be bigger and better things for WIPEOUT ahead that we could only dream about,so we really can't dwell on the past.

At least the game itself lives on.

I'm going to get on for WipEout HD, but I think i'll wait a little until MGS4 comes out. Not because I want MGS you see, but I feel Sony will try and push that game as a system seller so there might be some kind of bundle/price drop/anything to entice some systems tobe sold around that time.

WipEout Pulse will keep me company until then....and the rest of the WipEout games.