Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

Gentlemen, the topic is: ''PS3- Who's going to get one for Wipeout HD?''
    Could we focus on that a bit more?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Apparently Halo 3 pushes the system to its limits, pushes it to its limits ALREADY!?!
    Usually when a developer says they're pushing the limits of the system, what they're saying is that their current game engine is running their current game to the maximum of its potential. That doesn't mean they aren't going to optimise the game engine or re-write parts of it for the next iteration. So why they say they're "pushing the limits of the system" is beyond me, because it's quite obviously a misnomer.

For example, if you look at the difference between Burnout 1 and Burnout Revenge on the PS2 you'd think they were a generation apart, but I'll bet Criterion were "pushing the limits of the system" with the original Burnout, then Burnout 2, and Burnout 3, and so on.

I think the difference is that with Sony consoles the developer can optimize the game engine to their specific needs to extract as much power as they can from the hardware. With MicroSoft they're running on the Direct X libraries, so there's always a layer between the game engine and the hardware. It does mean they get better results quicker with Direct X, but then the quality reaches a plateau sooner, whereas PlayStation games tend to improve in quality over the lifecycle of the console as the developers learn to optimise and get the most from the hardware.

I suppose the 360 brings instant gratification, while with the PS3 you're going to be in it for the long haul... which is fine by me, as I intend to be playing mine for the same amount of time as I have my PS2.

So I'll definitely be getting a PS3 in time for Haze and then WipEout HD, but even if both of those games are "pushing the limits of the system", I wouldn't expect either of them to stand up to games that are two or three years down the road.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've got a PS3, and I can't wait for this game to come out. Ever since they announced Ace Combat 6 for 360 only, I realized...

"At least Wipeout is an exclusive."

All I'm doing now is waiting for word on a release date.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Oh yes! After a recent payrise I could be looking at a PS3 later this month! I know it's a bit early in anticipation of HD and I'm gambling with possible Christmas price drops, but I want one!

*wets himself with excitement*

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay
    truly the worstgame on the market is gundam, that is worse than G.T.H.D.
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam looks like it's gonna make up for the disappointment

Ok back on topic

Yes I will be getting a PS3 for Wipeout HD A second hand one for sure, as its a lot of money to fork out just to play one game...sorry, 2 games

Is there a definitive release date for when HD will arrive? In time for christmas I hope?

Up until then I will be getting my online HD racing kicks with the tremendous Moto-GP 07 on my lovely 360 I am working on an AG-Systems design for my bike, I will post screenies when its complete

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mclarensmps View Post
    a) You're wrong, Sony's online service is free, but there are barely any games, so not much of it can be utilized, and the online service is only set to be improved with home.

b) You're wrong again, the PS3 is a better system than the Xbox, firstly because 1 in 3 aren't lemons (fact)
    Thanks for that- comedy gold

Boy did they laff on the Xbox forums lol

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Excuse me?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Why? Which part of that isn't true? I happen to know 3 people with screwed 360s and a 4th with one which is about to pack in, its less than 10 months old and I know that for a fact because I made the mistake of buying it in January then sold it to him 3 weeks later. I guess it was the pressure all my friends had one, then some sense kicked in.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by RingoSpoon View Post
    Thanks for that- comedy gold

Boy did they laff on the Xbox forums lol
    Seems as if reality is a dream in you and your friends' fantasy world. On that note, I end my off topic discussion on the two consoles and sincerely apologize to the admins for taking it as far as i did.

PSN ID
    damonhill0

It's like being on Gamefaqs in this topic!

I won't be buying a PS3 when Wipeout HD is released. Too many £££'s.

I'm going to wait for MGS4, GT5 and maybe FF13 before i get one.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by mclarensmps View Post
    Seems as if reality is a dream in you and your friends' fantasy world. On that note, I end my off topic discussion on the two consoles and sincerely apologize to the admins for taking it as far as i did.
    I don't think you're the one who took it too far - it would appear that Ringo Spoon gets his kicks from posting topics from this forum for moronic fanboys to get a giggle out of elsewhere on the internet.

And, in all the years we've been around here, that has to be the ****ing lowest thing I've ever seen a regular member do.

I banned ''Ringo Spoon'' once before for assholery when he was using the name ''mu5''. When he much later came back he behaved well, so I didn't immediately ban him again.

It was in fact a wind-up I never posted anything from here on any other forum.
    Last edited by RingoSpoon; 9th September 2007 at 03:31 PM.

Clearly not a good idea to wind up the admin. And you didn't even apologise or say you'd not do it again. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Try again in a few months.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

He actually did apologise via PM, Lance.

Apparently he "was drunk last night and was slightly pissed off at the Sony fanboy patter."

Doesn't excuse being an asshole, though, so he can stay banned as far as I'm concerned.

Those of you who wish to continue with this thread in the usual good natured spirit of this community should do so now...

IMO: Public offense should require public apology.
    To sneak apology secretly in by the back door is a way of saving face, of not admitting error.

um... back on topic?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Talking

Well, I got an "amber-light" from my mum, so to speak(I will explain what I mean if anyone is confused)

So, hd may be on the horizon (yay!)

I had a dream that I bought a PS3. I can't remember why though.

I seriously doubt that I'll but a PS3 for Wipeout HD, but I guess I am looking for reasons to buy one, and who knows what that is.

For me the PS3 line up is still hugely lacking in quality titles (or at least quality titles that I'm interested in). I know it's not just me - in our office there are probably 15 360 and Wii owners, and 1 PS3 owner.

Ah well, if nothing else Disgaea 3 will sell the console to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I'm really just waiting for the price to go down.
    1000 dollars (AUD) is a bit too steep. Despite coming with both Motorstorm and Resistance.

I'll want to get wipeout Hd at some point though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

so todays question is...

if u can get online, wonder why the europeans got to get first dips on it?

yeah i got the word on gamers magazine, that it should come out by the end of the year. but the USA- in all its regulations and rules, doesn't need to be last or second to last to getting goods!

yeah. you want to hear me complain about still buying a ps3 in the states.