Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

The reason sony havent sold that many consoles is because of two things;

1- people waiting for a price drop, which simply wont happen in the EU some time soon.

2- the second generation of games, the big titles which are using the hardware to its full power. (GT5 Prologue is here )

Also, in my eyes, the Nintendo Wii is not a games console, its a flippin toy, what nintendo have done with the Wii is totally pissed on the idea of video games while patting their sarcastic-cocky-selfs on the back.

Microsoft, lets face it, its so obvious, BUYS their reviews and media hype, i have a friend who works for Rockstar Games in Kings Cross (which is where GTAIV is being made), and he says that Microsoft simply throws its money around to get good reviews and websites like Gamespot have basically become Microsoft's payroll bitches, you'd be shocked if you knew the full extent of Microsoft's antics in the gaming market.

Also, because of Microsofts huge profits from other markets, they can sell every 360 at a loss, which is why they're hacking the price of the 360 so heavily as soon as there is the smallest hint of a spectacular game on PS3. Don't be suprised to see a WipEout clone claiming to be better then what i hope will be the big daddy of all WipEout's in 2008, with its little media bitches talking absolute fraf to back up Microsoft.

It may look like im typing bollocks again(in regards to Microsoft's antics), but this time, trust me, i aint.
    Last edited by swift killer; 1st September 2007 at 08:56 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Well, in the gaming industry everybody bribes, not only MS. But that doesn't make the games worse than the reviews - I've played a ton of xbox games I really enjoyed, so I wouldn't go that far as to call the console a bad product. No doubt, PS3 is more powerful, but it'll be a while before we can experience that to full extent. And then, of course, the xbox will be crushed

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

ah, you know your stuff! GTAIV is going to prove PS3 is more powerfull.

But back to the subject, my only concern about HD is the SIXAXIS, i personally am not in favour of using it to steer, to me it will just feel to odd. I recon there should be a prompt at the start of the game asking whether or not you want to use d-pad, analogue or SIXAXIS, this can then be changed in the options menu.

The reason i am saying we should have this, is so people dont go off after playing with SIXAXIS and then say that its unplayable, or even better, let the player choose their method of piloting after they select their ship (simular to what Gran Turismo does with transmission, driving aids, etc.)

I would like to see a cockpit cam aswell as;

-fully animated weapons systems under the ship
    -fully animated fins and airbrakes, inspiration can be drawn from F1's 'flex wing' theory.
    -make ships being destroyed more spectacular;
    1 - ships engines explode, the ship collapses to the ground, pilot ejects.
    2 - ship slides, spins and barrel rolls, debris flying off in a ball of flames before it finally explodes.
    Last edited by swift killer; 1st September 2007 at 09:24 AM.

After playing some racing games on PS3 I am very disappointed with how 'floaty' the pad feels, it is too light - it cant be emphasised enough that not implementing a rumble mechanism is a terrible mistake.

Games play terrible compared to on the 360. MotoGP'07 is mince on ps3 compared to 360 where the rumble is used to great effect.

I just hope they bring out a black negcon for ps3

I've been trying to resist the PS3 until the price comes down but I wont be able to resist in when Wipeout comes out for it. My girlfriend will probably leave me if she sees another console under the TV!

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

you could always convert her to an AG Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Jamie! Good to see you! It's been a very long time since I've seen you logged in.
    Thanks Lance! it's good to be back.

Looks like a 2nd hand ps3 would be £330 at my local game emporium... and I'm already thinking of ways that I could spread the cost...

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Quote Originally Posted by RingoSpoon View Post
    Games play terrible compared to on the 360. MotoGP'07 is mince on ps3 compared to 360 where the rumble is used to great effect.
    thats mainly because motogp on ps3 is made by namco while some other company makes the 360 game.

Timezone
    GMT -5

As far as rumble goes: it really wasn't left out by choice. Sony couldn't put rumble into their new controller because of the ongoing lawsuit regarding the patented technology in the controller.

A rumble/sixaxis controller is in development, which is hinted by the presence of rumble in the steering wheels of the GT game prototypes (and some other game which I cannot, for the life of me remember)

There are a couple of reasons why the Sony console is not selling so much, the main ones being obviously the price, and the second being the lack of games on it. Even I find there to be a severe lack of games on the system, but this is due to change come this holiday season. That is when, i am sure, the sales of the system will pick up.

People compare the success of the 360 with th PS3, but all too easily forget that the 360 has a years headstart in development, and in being at the marketplace, hence already having a firm roster of games on it's CV. The only real hit for the 360 came out a year after the console's release in GoW. The PS3 is going to be hitting it's anniversary this coming holiday season, so let us judge the quality of the games on the console around that time.

It really irks me when people compare sales of the Wii to sales of the Xbox or PS3, when, for the price of 1 PS3, you can get 3 Wii's, or for the price of 1 Xbox, you can get about 2 Wii's (and the numbers were something like 3-1 for the PS3 and 2-1 for the Xbox)... at the end of the day, the cash spent on either of the three consoles is just about the same, regardless of how many homes the systems come to.

I think the only real competition here is Sony vs MS, because Nintendo has found a way to approach the mass market in a different way, and is using the Wii as a different philosophy to "gaming". There are only a couple of true "gamer" games out on the Wii, such as Zelda (which you can get on the GC), Metroid Prime 3, and Resident Evil. Apart from those games, and, obviously, the Mario series of games which have a huge fanbase, the Wii is basically a party game system that focuses on appeal to the mass market rather than focusing on the "hardcore" gamer market.

You could say that Nintendo wants to become a Toyota, for everyone, whereas MS and Sony are duking it out as Mercedes and BMW for the Luxury market

Timezone
    GMT -6

Amen to that. I've always wanted a Wii, but, for some reason, I only wanted it for Metroid Prime 3 (I don't like Mario at all). To me, the Wii is more of a fad than anything, but this is just my opinion (play on, Wii-lovers). The PS3 is slow to come onto the mass market, but, as the E3 and GC suggest, there is going to be a truckload of new and promising games such as LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2 (people think that this game will suck because of the first game's bad reviews, but this looks like an entirely new and exciting game), and MGS4. I would not be surprised if PS3 rules next year's console sales. But, then again, I would also not be surprised if it still lags behind the Wii.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by swift killer View Post
    thats mainly because motogp on ps3 is made by namco while some other company makes the 360 game.
    I was using MotoGP as an example - the fact still remains that all driving games on PS3 feel half baked. Even the mighty GT5 plays terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarensmps View Post
    the main ones being obviously the price, and the second being the lack of games on it.
    No I would say the main reason was the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, and how good it is , second is that after all this time there is only 1 good game on it - Virtua Fighter 5 (OK Ninja Gaiden is good as well), and the third is the price.

Sony console is not selling so much
    'Not selling so much' lol - why did you not just say not good? In actual fact, they are very bad
    Last edited by RingoSpoon; 2nd September 2007 at 08:56 AM.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

the ps3 is just taking time to get the good games in, minus resistance, project 8,oblivion A.K.A Yorkshire: The Game

a pun on the fact that oblivion is vast, and yorkshire feels vast.

truly the worstgame on the market is gundam, that is worse than G.T.H.D.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

too be honest, i used to like Gran Turismo on PS1 and PS2, but 5 Prologue is quite frankly...... ****, unless you have a steering wheel, in which case it suddenly becomes farqing fantastic......if only Forza2 was on the PS3

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

offtopic///

I couldn't agree more. '3 A-spec's quality goes up massivley. pity fusion can't use it.

I can use it with soul calibur 3, for some reason

/offtopic

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think that all we have to do is wait and then we will say some truly awesome titles. I think the first one of these games would be Haze. Very interesting story and gameplay. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by RingoSpoon View Post
    No I would say the main reason was the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, and how good it is , second is that after all this time there is only 1 good game on it - Virtua Fighter 5 (OK Ninja Gaiden is good as well), and the third is the price.

'Not selling so much' lol - why did you not just say not good? In actual fact, they are very bad

a) You're wrong, Sony's online service is free, but there are barely any games, so not much of it can be utilized, and the online service is only set to be improved with home.

b) You're wrong again, the PS3 is a better system than the Xbox, firstly because 1 in 3 aren't lemons (fact), secondly, because it has more raw horsepower (fact), third, because it can play the next generation of movie format without addons and extra purchases (you want that for the xbox and you're pushing about the same price as the PS3) and finally, because the online service is free.

Calling the PS3 inferior to the Xbox is, quite frankly, laughable, no matter in how twisted a fashion you try to spin it. As I said before, and I will say again, the only problem currently is the lack of games. If you want to compare games b/w the two consoles, why not compare the games that were out last year for Xbox with the games out this year for the PS3, the development time cycle was about the same for both timeframes.

Comparing ports is also, quite frankly, a useless comparison, as ports generally look right about the same on both consoles, and development for ports have to be done at the highest common factor between both consoles, and the highest common factor is the Xbox's specs, so the games have to be made for max performance on the xbox even if they underuse the capabilities of the sony console.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

ports have to be done at the highest common factor between both consoles, and the highest common factor is the Xbox's specs, so the games have to be made for max performance on the xbox even if they underuse the capabilities of the sony console.
    Yeah that pisses me off quality of games being limited to meet 360s, lesser standards. I'm even going to go as far as to say they ARE hampering GTA IVs development. Apparently Halo 3 pushes the system to its limits, pushes it to its limits ALREADY!?! It will certainly be interesting to see how the second GTA for the PS3/360 turns out because proper development on the PS3 version will see it eat the 360 alive they can't fit this one on its disk...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

But, but, EA says they can't get 30 FPS on Madden for the PS3, therefore it's inferior!

(contemplating switching out Xbox 360 for PS3 for Wipeout, GT5, F1, MotorStorm, and keeping my brother away from Halo 3 -_-)

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

my advice on switching from 360 to PS3,....go for it, online play is free on PS3
    Last edited by infoxicated; 2nd September 2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: self involved bollocks about hating the NFL removed.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

lol @ RJ yeah we all know where the inferiority lies here all I can say is thank goodness Wipeout will never be an EA title, unless something goes drastically wrong somewhere along the line.