Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

He said

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    but no way to buy hd till it comes out on blu-ray.
    Which I translate as either

1) I don't have Broadband or
    2) I don't have a credit card which is the only way (in Europe at least) to put funds into your PS Store wallet, which is a little bullshit for those who don't have or want a credit card

I could be wrong sure md will be along to clear it up

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

3) you're not 18.

Timezone
    GMT -6

4) Downloading things confuses you. It took me about a half hour to figure out how to get the first gamma pack on Pure.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Oh but I don't think you can compare the PS3s PSN service to that of the Pure download service, PS Store couldn't be more simple to use if they tried what is confusing about a big button that says 'Download'

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    a credit card which is the only way (in Europe at least) to put funds into your PS Store wallet, which is a little bullshit for those who don't have or want a credit card
    Same way in the United States - to me, that's a slap in the face to someone who lives in a family who has just recently finished paying off a ton of card debts the last four years. What, is directly paying money from a checking or savings account via PayPal or any other alternative not good enough?

Don't know if pre-paid cards are sold here or not, but they should be damnit.

And this is assuming my mom, and myself even, can find a job to pull ourselves off the ****ing poverty line - let alone get a PS3 in the near future. :/
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 26th August 2007 at 06:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

"Glad" to hear I'm not the only stuck in seemingly interminable debt-pay-off status. I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't really need a PS3...It is a lot of cash to fork over all at once.

If Sony ever turns PSN into a paid service I will drop them like a ton of lead. No hesitation whatsoever.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

But its ok for Microsoft to do it?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Microsoft is a different matter, since most Xbox 360s are sold with a Silver Xbox Live account. Which, to my knowledge, does not expire until the world ends, or you get the three red lights.

You can't do multiplayer gaming unless you have a gold account, unless it's a regular Xbox, in which case, as long as you have any type of Xbox Live account, play on...correct me if I'm wrong, though.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

all of those reasons are correct but the download one.

took me a long time to reply, hasn't it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

OFFTOPIC>> No it's NOT okay for Microsoft to do it!! Satan's little computer company...did you know they still haven't made a profit on their gaming/console division since they entered the market? Serves them right, I say.

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

Just leave 'em be, they're better than recently gimmicky rivals Apple. Satan's little computer company eh? What gives that impression?

Cos Steve Ballmer runs it. Haven't you noticed his resemblance to the Evil One?

I just read about this on Pro-G... I knew I was going to have to get a PS3 at some point to play Wipeout on-line, looks like it's going to be sooner than I thought. As some people have said though, it's a lot of money to fork out, plus I'm not planing to get an HD television anytime soon... but the temptation of playing on-line on a non-handheld console is so very strong. I'd pretty much convinced myself to get an Xbox 360 when Sensible Soccer on-line went live, too.

Jamie! Good to see you! It's been a very long time since I've seen you logged in.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I'm still watching and thinking about the PS3-- I'd like to know more about when Wipeout HD will be released, and what online features it will have. No doubt I'll get one, just not sure when

I'm almost glad that the tracks will be a subset of those in Pure and Pulse! Gives a great opportunity to jump into the game and experience it in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    OFFTOPIC>> No it's NOT okay for Microsoft to do it!! Satan's little computer company...did you know they still haven't made a profit on their gaming/console division since they entered the market? Serves them right, I say.
    Hell, not only have they not made a profit, they are $5 billion USD in the hole for the Xbox and Zune platforms! Truly incredible. Their intention all along has pretty clearly been to stop Sony from dominating the home entertainment niche-- regardless of costs-- so that they have an opportunity to eventually become the major player in this arena.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

^ As I studied in Economics, Microsoft operates on being able to break even rather than seek as much pure profit as possible. But that's another issue for another time.

Don't forget that Sony has been losing truckloads of money on the games division for more than two years, and is still losing it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

At least they're not as bad as Microsoft and not as cocky as Nintendo (I don't care if it sells better, that doesn't excuse Nintendo for being rude and constantly patting itself on the back).

I like Nintendo. I like their current product philosophy. And I think they deserve the backpats.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Wow, there's been a big fuss going on over here about this.

There's a lot of ifs and buts here, but to be honest, until something actually happens, it's not worth threatening to stop/drop, getting pissed off at, or complaining about.