Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

Timezone
    GMT -6

The Xbox 360 uses brown to make it more realistic. Nice, but not my cup of tea. The PS3 sacrifices brown for mose clearer pisture and a farther range of focus. YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Of course, if you have a 360 rather than a PS3 - and you're a fan of the colour brown - you could always try this:

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/30-07-2007-6113.html
    Thanks for the info Egg, you remind me one more time to not buy an Xbox 360, the ships look like sardines cans and it's really easy to make a game realistic when you can't see anything!!
    You have to get the skills to if you want to copycat a wipeout serie, not that easy...

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Of course, if you have a 360 rather than a PS3 - and you're a fan of the colour brown - you could always try this:

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/30-07-2007-6113.html
    what a load of crap!
    its just another Wipeout wannabe like XGRA, watch people ignore it

Timezone
    GMT -5

That game does look like an interesting tryout egg, cheers for posting!

Timezone
    GMT -6

@ swift killer: I don't think Voltage is that bad.... Be a little open minded.

Red face Hmmmm...

Nah all tho' i like the idea but i think it should stay SD (standard definition)

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Reminds me of the first Wipeout in a way... with it's overall color style and stuff, don't mind me, but I like it. It's graphics are no where as good as Wipeout HD, but I still like it.

ill be waiting for a try of the controller, if it isnt as immersive as a negcon ill be giving it a miss, no matter how good it looks.

PSN ID
    LilMaggot

Voltage might end up being good, I'll keep an eye on it to see how it turns out.

Anyway, I got my ps3 on march 23rd, eu release date. I wouldn't say I bought it for wipeout, but that was a big thing in making me choose the ps3 over any other console. My PSN ID is LilMaggot if anyone wants to add me.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Still, Voltage is nowhere near WipEout!

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

im still kind of sceptical on whether or not WipeOut will be a killer app on PS3, dont know what it is, theres also alot of WipeOut nay-sayers out there, hopefully they will be silenced by it like they were when Pure came out. most of my scepticism comes from seeing how poor Fusion was on PS2, the best part of wipeout fusion was pressing the eject button on my PS2

as for the topic

who will buy PS3 for WipeOut HD? i already have

i also launched a rant against MotorsTV for its biased comments regarding WipeOut HD and failure to notice Pulse;
    http://forum.motorstv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3197
    Last edited by swift killer; 10th August 2007 at 02:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Yay! My first post!

*goes back to topic*

As a devoted WipEout gamer, and PS3 owner, I will be grabbing WipEout HD from the PS Store.

Timezone
    GMT -6

great........ i buy an xbox 360, and i see this news 3 weeks later. grrrr, i hate being broke, but ill find a way!

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiXL View Post
    great........ i buy an xbox 360, and i see this news 3 weeks later. grrrr, i hate being broke, but ill find a way!
    At least you have plenty of time until HD comes out. And even more time until the official next-gen WipEout comes out.

PSN ID
    xdirex

I really wasn't planning on buying a PS3 for quite some time (I no longer feel the need to be on the bleeding edge of the technology curve like I once did, and don't mind waiting for a few price drops to roll through before making a purchase), however a new HD Wipeout game is probably the one thing that would change my mind!

Pity I'm back in Australia now, where the consoles are ridiculously expensive. I should have picked one up back in Canada (that's where I got my nice and cheap PSP)...
    Last edited by xdirex; 24th August 2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Clarification

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I already have a ps3, but no way to buy hd till it comes out on blu-ray.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I don't think it'll be out on Blu-ray. It's strictly downloadable. Sorry! Does it make a difference how it comes out?

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    I already have a ps3, but no way to buy hd till it comes out on blu-ray.
    what difference does it make, if anything, download has an advantage over disc, no risk of scratches, loosing it, and if something for whatever reason happens to make you loose it from your ps3, just download it again.

oh, and its definately going to be cheaper, no other costs for;
    - retailers cut
    - packaging
    - shipping
    - making the discs
    - printing inlay and manuals

so for me, downloads are the way forward for cutting costs and boosting profits in gaming, too many good adn legendary developers have gone bust in recent years.

I would think that a little memory card would be a lot easier to lose than the usual gamedisc.

The convenience of download depends on the speed and reliability of the net connection.

There is something innately satisfying about being able to hold an object in your hand that is uniquely itself, that cannot be just any old thing.
    I like to be able to hold in my hands a great book, or an original copy on disc of music by my favourite artist. Of course I am a sentimentalist, but then we are humans whose body design is meant to handle physical objects, and doesn't feel quite right when it can't touch what it sees.

Downloading certainly has some practical advantages, but immediate short-term convenience is not everything. And often you don't even get the advantage of lower cost that would be possible through elimination of physical mass, but which is not given by manufacturers who wish to increase profit.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

manufacturers who wish to increase profit
    Sadly this is so true.
    I am also a sentimentalist, i like to have my 'solid' disk in front of my eyes and not a virtual downloaded one even it's more convenient ( at least for us non-dial-up members .)