Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

no there is still load times, well for wipEout there is, even still has the little spinning disc loading icon on the track loading screen lol

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Well, it is a straight port.

Been offtopic quite a while; let's get back to original question, please.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    most of you who are buying PS3s have a ps2 already right?
    because I got a PS3 with backwards compatibility, I sold my PS2 so that I could buy another PS3 game at the time.
    also a PS2 doesn't look as good on a 720p display as the PS3 upscaling does

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

i agree with "mark of insanity". need a new guitar first. then i'm still undecided between a ps3 or a x360, and sony right about now simply lacks in good games; this should not be underrated...
    wipeout hd looks awesome, but except from amazing graphics, is like what a greatest hits is to the discographic market: just a mixture of best features of past wipeout titles put together with next-gen like graphics, just a good "salad".
    for the full "lunch" we still have to wait..

PSN ID
    Axellink

Well I have purchased my PS3 for this game. Not for JUST this game. but for others like hopefully the next two Wipeout games (PS3 10 year life cycle anyone?).

To be honest, I sold my 360 since I dont see anymore exclusive games coming out for it. Mass Effect will be on the PC . Now the only thing bugging me is the release date. I'm going to take a day off work so I can play all night and day

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

I dunno if I'd say that discussion of the PS3 features are necessarily off-topic Lance, it's quite relevant to "purchasing a PS3 or not." I was on the fence about getting a PS3 just for wipEout HD since I actually utilize backwards compatibility a lot, so I understand the salience.

As far as other games go, that is what sells me on the system. I'm getting a PS3 for HD's arrival thanks to a bunch of other factors, but HD is what made me really think about PS3 instead of 360.

sure gonna miss Ninja Gaiden 2 though

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

I changed my mind in the last days: i think that HD may worth to get a ps3 for, and not only for its stunning visuals.
    It's unlikely to even think that what Sl makes could be crap, but videos showed a game that seem more than just a reissue of pure and pulse.
    And now that my first psone is broken, would be fine to play the first wipeouts games in the (hope near) future.
    now i just need money

PSN ID
    WTFish

Well, I bought a PS3 pretty much for this game alone. I have had my ps3 for a month now and still have not bought a single game for it. There's nothing out there I wanna play unless it's WO or some sort of music game.
    I have been playing the demos that are available which I think is a brilliant idea...Now, can we have a demo of WO'HD plx?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I already own a 60gb PS3... I bought it on release day hoping that eventually I would have a next gen WipEout game to become addicted to.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I know - You're on my buddy list.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

We should all add ourselves.
    I have a PS3 too, just hook me up

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

"You cannot add yourself"

Nope. Sorry.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Haha. You know what I mean XD
    We should all add each other

Hi All!

Yep - in fact I purchased one last friday, as I'd heard rumours of an imminent demo. Coupled with MGS coming out in june, being sick of the aeroplane (i.e. 360) in the corner for streaming content from my PC upstairs and of course the BlueRay, no contest. Sold my Wii the day I put it up for sale, went and got a PS3 the next day!

Very happy with it, its quietness, and after watching the trailer on my flat screen at full res...very very excited and hopeful. The lightness of the controller took a little getting used to after the 360.

What I don't understand though - people seem to be talking about it like its going to be avail on PSN store - surely it's going to be too big for that?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Too big for a download-only game?
    Definitely not.
    The game is advertised for the PSN only and only around 800MB big. Not too big for a download

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Welcome to the forums dude.

Yeah, it's a download via PSN, around a 1gb so not too big at all really. The DS3 controller due out sometime is much more weighted, I imported one late last year as I couldnlt be doing with Sony's late release schedule for us EU dudes.

Thanks peeps! Now I understand the thread about pricing.

So, as a noob (and a little OT, sorry mods) to the 'HD' thing, only having heard about the game on wednesday last week and buying a PS3 on friday (), is there a demo in fact coming out soon, or it the entire game?

I think I prefer a controller without the vibration thing - the batteries seem (so far!) to last about a bazillion (give or take) times longer than the ones in my 360 controllers.
    Last edited by Norfolk'n'Clue; 14th May 2008 at 03:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

@Baldy: Is there even a schedule for the DS3 EU release? Where did you get yours? WipEoutHD-release my be imminent, and I still need to get me one of those.
    @Norfolk: the full game is supposed to be coming out end of may.

Permission to get excited.
    Last edited by Lance; 14th May 2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Redundant quote eliminated; please read the guidelines.