Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

I am only interested in the Wipeout series and the final fantasy series, so i'm in no rush to buy one just yet, i have a xbox 360 which is great, halo 3 out soon so with ps3, i think i'll wait for the slimline decent version in a couple of years (i'm sure they'll be thinking about it already), seriously sony europe has screwed us over with the price and spec of the machine here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Really 2008? I read something like TBA 2007 for europe at least. I own a PS3 already and sure wait for HD now. Hopefully the Sixaxis control will be better than that of Motorstorm.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post
    I am only interested in the Wipeout series and the final fantasy series
    Not to far from how I am!!! Except their are the little games "on the side"...

Wipeout Series
    old sonic
    old mario
    final fantasy
    colony wars (a remake / next gen version / movie trilogy would be ace)
    gears of war
    halo series
    time crisis series
    f-zero series
    extreme-g series

that's about it, i guess, potentially a few reasons could be found from that list to buy a ps3, time crisis 4, wipeout hd, wipeout ps3, final fantasy xiii, don't know if they have plans for any more extreme-g games....and as far as i know colony wars is done with...shame.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Still on the fence

I'm still on the fence. The price is still a bit high. And you need to factor in the HD component of your home entertainment system, as mine is not HD yet.

The videos of wipeout HD though make a convincing argument!

Now would you say that it is worthwhile to get the PS3 with hardware accellaration for PS1/PS2 games?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

PS3 uses software emulation, otherwise it couldn't use an upscaler. But still a big "no" to PS1/PS2 games justifying a PS3 purchase.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post
    i think i'll wait for the slimline decent version in a couple of years
    By which time your 360 will be obsolete and you'll be getting the Xbox 720 shoved down your throat whether you like it or not

Timezone
    GMT -6

And don't forget that Nintendo would make a functional virtual reality program for $20 by that time.

Can anyone say: It's wiily, wiily wiil!

Timezone
    GMT -5

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...5102014172.jpg

This is the kind of graphical power you get with a PS3. (That is an ingame shot)

If that is not convincing enough, take a look at this:

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...5102019531.jpg

Damn!! Don't tell me that this pic http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...5102019531.jpg is an ingame capture, I won't trust you!
    Last edited by Task; 1st August 2007 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Needless quoting removed

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Granted, there have been PS3 games released that aren't even close to that kind of graphical prowess, and Gran Turismo games on the PS2 were really pushing the limits of what the console could do (I can't say that for the ones on PS1 since both looked like utter, blocky, over-pixelated crap, but were fun to play.)

Wipeout was that standard of beauty, speed, and enjoyment on the PS1 and now on the PSP, hopefully that will translate entirely to the PS3 once the final product is finished.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by benjahman View Post
    Damn!! Don't tell me that this pic http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...5102019531.jpg is an ingame capture, I won't trust you!
    It's an ingame capture.

Default Oh yes

Got a PS3 and a HD TV - just waiting for Wipeout HD now, I even bought Wipeout (1) to play on it and Fusion
    What I really want is Wip3out 3SE to come to the sony online store, as the game just crashes when you stick the disc in

Timezone
    GMT -5

that, and 2097/XL

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

That link doesn't work, Fusion doesn't work, and also as much as I'd like to see 3 SE on the PSN, I have to doubt it will ever see the light of day and plain old 3 is all we will get. It would make sense to release SE though for all those who missed out on a copy or live in USA and were deprived of this treasure!

Timezone
    GMT -5

ya benjahmin's link doesnt work by my ones do! you should check those ones out.

Timezone
    GMT -5

you have to remember programming for blu ray is different than anything else and leads to challenges. Look at the progression of how well the games looked from wipeout to wipeout 3... all on the ps1 and all significantly better than its predecessor. Once programmers know exactly how to utilize the ps3's capacity i imagine the games will look exceptionally awsome.... Even with some of the games that are new like ac4 and rr7 those look great.

Of course, if you have a 360 rather than a PS3 - and you're a fan of the colour brown - you could always try this:

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/30-07-2007-6113.html

Quote Originally Posted by mclarensmps View Post
    It's an ingame capture.
    wow!! really stunning. So I think that wipeout HD is far to exploit all the capabilities of PS3 Cell Processor, the next gen Wipeout will certainly be fantastic. Personaly, I will wait this event before to buy a PS3.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Egg, that link you showed us. That`s looking pretty cool and dark. And will be release autumn 2008.

Is that called Voltage, right?

stevie