Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Default PS3 - Who's going get one for wipEout HD?

Hi all,

I have a PS3 and I am sooooooo looking forwards to wipEout HD and then a full blown rewrite version some time next year too - wicked.

My questions are;

1) Who on here already has a PS3?

2) Who plans to get a PS3 for this game?

Cheers, Chris!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

1. Nope...no PS3 yet

2. This was the exact news I was waiting for to get a PS3...

Bring on the next generation...

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Me!

Well, I'm getting one in time for Haze & Madden 2008, so when WipEout HD arrives it'll be ready and waiting.

Not completely sold, because there will be Pulse at the time, and I might just wait a while, unless I just become possessed with desire to own it. It depends for me on how the control is. Pure with stonking graphics might not be enough, but if I can get smooth, negcon-style driving I`ll be buying sooner rather than later.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

No I do not have a PS3 but for any WipEout game I will buy any console.

While I love the trailer and reckon it will be fantastic, given I already have Pure and will buy Pulse the second it comes out, there would have to be much more on the PS3 to warrant the purchase. As it is, I'm almost exclusively a handheld gamer these days just due to the way my life works.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

^^
    I'm pretty much a handheld gamer as well. The good news is that with the PSP and DS platforms running at full speed, life has never been better for gaming on the go

No PS3 yet but seeing the Wipeout HD video makes my interest jump up 1000%.

My guess is that it's just a matter of time 'til I make the plunge, either in the fall or sometime next year.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

If it was not for the poor backward compatibility, i.e., the lack of the Emotion Engine chip, I would consider a purchase every now and then. I am far from convinced by the combination of price and hardware of the PS3 currently offered in Europe.

Moreover, I wonder if there would be any annoyance involved by using the PS3 together with a regular TV.

On the other hand, I do not have to bother much in my current situation, and I am sure that Pulse will keep me distracted for quite some time.

I will probably wait until next year before I even reconsider, but it seems far-fetched that much will have changed at that point.

Sorry for the negative vibe.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

it's true to say you will not get the most out of a PS3 without a HD TV of some kind.

I remember when I blagged mate mates Xbox 360 and run it on my old Sony 32 inch CRT and I was less then impressed. Then I hooked it up to my Dell 30" flat screen via component and was shocked at the difference.

I am happy with the PS3 so far, I remember games being slow on the good old PS2 to start with so I am happy to wait, for now....

I love the PSP but you can't beat the big screen, Dual Shock, 5.1 effect IMO.

Well I have a 360 on an SD TV and it still looks great. Of course it would look sharper on HD but it's still a massive change from last gen on SD televisions. I imagine the PS3 would be the same.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I dunno, I don't like the way the next gen consoles look on SD TV's, I had to further dent my pocket (I've had the PS3 since launch) when i realized the games looked not so great on my TV. My friend with a 360 did the same. Luckily since he works at an electronics store we got good deals!

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

Well... as I've said somewhere else, I just splashed out on a new PSP... so no PS3 for me, I'm a poor little man.

I could buy one, but I know I would end up buying a 20GB version, when I really want a 99999GB one. Besides, I love WipEout, but I know where my loyalties lie, and that's why I'd rather buy a shiny new guitar than a PS3.
    I need more titles to convince me, but I can't think of another title I love just as much...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I have a PS3 and can't wait for HD. There might be a divide here I don't think I'd want to play Wipeout on a PSP if I was at home with my PS3 and Wipeout HD which has online multi player.

Did Sony not stop making the 20 GIG model due to crap sales of it in comparison with the 60 GIG one?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Of course I am! There's an FAQ that needs writing!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I've had a PS3 since last Christmas and it's awesome! I can't wait until HD, but what I'm looking forward to most is the next "real" WipEout on the PS3. Can't wait 'til 2008!

I'll get a PS3 eventually but at the moment it's not looking great. The good stuff is indeed coming and the PS3 itself is impressive but I'll let it ripen some more.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I had to restrain myself from driving to Future Shop on Thursday when I saw the PS3 price had dropped to $550.00 cdn. It was tough. The problem is that I intend to use the PS3 as my up-to-date PC (mainly for web surfing and music storage) since the only games I really get into are of course Wipeout! And so I need an HD monitor to see the YD Linux properly. Which makes the PS3 actually a $1000 purchase for me. Ouch.
    I will try to wait for the *real* next generation Wipeout game to purchase the console.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I guess ill think about it. But i dont like it.

Dont get me wrong - i LOVE wipeout - but i really cant justify spending $1200 NZD on a console that i find inferior to a $700 console..

Sony needs to give me a VERY good reason to stretch that far - WipEout HD isnt enough for me. Sorry guys....

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Waiting tell 2008. I work really hard for my money, I'll enjoy Pulse. When the so called "real" next-generation Wipeout comes out, I'll get the PS3 along with HD then. Pulse should be hard enough to take up my time from Sep. on...

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think that, with the strong line-up of games for the next months, that the the PS3 is going stronger than it ever has. Sony just need to work out a smart pricing plan. The temporary cut just doesn't do it. They need to price it somewhere in Xbox 360 territory. If they cut the price of the 60 gigger another 50 dollars, the profits for Sony might be immense. If they cut it another 75 dollars... (dreams of the many people who would rush to the nearest Walmart for a 424 dollar PS3.)

Oh, almost forgot. Also cut the price in Europe and other countries. That would be phenomenal.