Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Gameplay video

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Footage looks cool IMO, really makes me wonder what the guys have up their sleeves for the fully fledged PS3 WipEout title!

I think it's great to have the look we've seen in Pure (and will see in Pulse) realised in HD with the same feel. There were quite a few dark courses in Pure (Staten Park, Exostra and Sinucit) and I'm sure one or more of those will make it into HD. It's just that the three tracks they've shown so far have been bright. There's plenty more to come.

Timezone
    GMT -3

I just dont like the feeling of the game, it looks too "clean" and a bit toy-ish. a blur effect would be good too. and why purple engines? deep blue is so much more aewsome!

Timezone
    GMT -6

A bit toy-ish? You mean a bit too round and soft? I think that it looks fine. I would like to see some open sections on the ships, you know, to show some of the circuits and machinery inside the ships.

There is a European games conference in late August in Leipzig, I'd expect more detail around that time

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Games Convention

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Shame the Playstation Experience stopped over here and Game Stars Live was cancelled, we haven't had a games convention in London for a good few years now. They probably could have shown it off there as well...

Timezone
    GMT -6

I wonder what info SL's gonna drop on us. Maybe something about the true next WipEout for the PS3?

Can't wait until August, which is, sadly, too far away for me.

Well, Sayonara!

Quote Originally Posted by _Ti__ View Post
    I just dont like the feeling of the game, it looks too "clean" and a bit toy-ish. a blur effect would be good too. and why purple engines? deep blue is so much more aewsome!
    agreed, the first thing i thought was, no, not purple, 2097/xl blue was perfect.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Wipeout is a bit too clean nowadays... I always liked the thought of dirty weather (rainy, cloudy) along with dirty roads and oil markings (or other markings), foggy, realistic water streams in the road, and dirty dangerous weapon systems... with bad-8$$ music-!-

Timezone
    GMT -5

Just like F1 in real life! It went from ragtag teams with barely any resources and dirty garages, to the modern clinically efficient team motorhomes, spotless garages, and trained to spec team members.

Therefore, I don't mind the look of a cleaner WO (don't get me wrong though, I would love to have the grit look back), I see it as the evolution from backyard garage AG teams, to full corporation interest.

(edit: I always end up being the first post on the next page lol)

looking at the HD trailers and even Pulse to some degree, the series does seem to be moving towards a more 'colourful' and neon look. Someone mentioned F-Zero before and that's not a bad thing, it's just Wipeout should be dark and gritty. I'm a tad worried they'll go too far. Hopefully i'm wrong though and they'll look good in the finished version, and Wipeout PS3 will just be awesome as well.

PSN ID

Exactly as I thought!! On the money!

Just skimmed through the thread. First video posted I felt like I _wanted_ to like it but didn't really feel any excitement. Then I watched the vid annoucing a couple of tracks in high-res and now I'm.. actually considering forking up the 5k SEK for a Playstation 3.. Argh..

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Wait until the proper lighting and effects are in the levels - then you'll need to fork out for a PS3... like I'll be doing!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I hope the next "real" WipEout will get people to buy a PS3.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I hope this game is pre-installed on my Hard Drive if I ever get my hands on a PlayStation 3 (likely requiring the sale of my Xbox 360, I just know it :/)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

These APPEAR to be new screens but apologies if they are in fact old. Supposedly they were posted today.

Looks awesome

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5083_en.html

PSN ID

I love it!! Especially since they actually seem to have dirty fume/oil stains!!!

PSN ID