PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by CR4SH3D View Post
    ive found a video of a guy using a negcon on his pc

Actually it's q-DMC12 our fellow north american member

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

ooooh lol
    well the other guy proves you can use a usb connection with analoge control pad with a psp, im assuming negcon is analoge too

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

yes the neGcon is analogue, it uses a Potentiometer or 'pot' which looks kinda like this
    here's a pic of my first Neg of the years pot which is mostly covered by a cog so only the brass(?) tip is visible(I ordered it on Jan 2nd, probably the first neGcon purchased this year w00t!)

sorry the pic I took isn't that good (I need sleep) but you get the gst
    in the next couple weeks I'll get a hold of a spare DualShock and see if I can get the neGcons twist wired up to the DualShock's left stick

oh and the Airpad is awsome, I got one a couple weeks ago after reading Thruster2097's Article, I've used it with WO and 2097 I love the floaty sensation it gives, but I don't think I'll be beating any of my own times with it

Churrr
    -zer0shen

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

cool, so like guitar knobs or something then?
    think youd be up for a negcon psp mod?
    thats really interesting to see inside it though, it seems really simple in design

Zeroshen, do you think there`s any way of fixing a floppy one so that it springs back to the centre position again? I find it very difficult to match my best times once the twist gets too loose with age.

@ Medusa - I never realised there were two types of white. It`s just nice to know these things.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

nah Cr4sh, I just want a neGcon/DualShock3 hybrid for use with HD, I laughed to myself about the idea a few weeks ago, but I'm taking it serious and doing the research for it now(yeh they are kinda like Guitar knobs )

to me the PSP is a portable system and I think it would be to hard to keep it pocketable with neGcon features, a better road to take is that of the UltraRacer, jogcOn,Run'n Drive or the best thing I can think of the Fanatec Speedster, well no, Run'n Drive would be best as the screen would stay centered

argh, Luna, right now I'm too scared to take apart that piece of the neGcon, when I pick up a 4th I'll get to it as I've heard many have problems with this, I have prettymuch no idea as to what keeps the neGcon centred, but it feels kinda like apiece of coiled springsteal, or perhaps two coiled pieces of spring steal pointing in oppsite directions

I know what would be cool though, a neGcon that uses an optical sensor instead of a pot, a ballbearing turning centre and a re-centring mechinism made with electro magnets hahahaha that would be as smooth as silk

-zer0shen
    Last edited by BulletWraith; 15th January 2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: yeh they are kinda like...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bloseth

Tried to find anything on this by searching the forum, but found nothing.

I have had two nights of neGcon bliss (mainly with 2097) but yesterday I tried wo3se. The button layout was a pain (literally), so I tried to fix it, but each time I entered the button setup, things just freezed. Plugging the controller out and in again unfroze the thing, but the same thing happened as soon as I tried the setup again. I had no problems with the twist setup.

Anyone noticed this? Workaround?

(I've got the slim PSone and a white neGcon)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I ve seen that before mate : i think it comes from 2 different Negcon Models, i had few whites who can't be played in SE and other who can't race 2097 or the 1st... weird but true

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bloseth

Oh, but I can use it to race, I just can't change the button layout... Strange...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

it happens with both my neGcon and my UltraRacer, usually I just have to go in and out of the button menu and sometimes wait/hold the button(I want to change it to) down longer/for ages and eventually it works (this is just on standard WO3, I haven't got SE... yet)

good luck, just try try try and you should find a way to change your controls
    try L(analogue) as thrust, A/B as air breaks, it makes (imo) for more reliable cornering, I loves this setup

-Stevie

I've had this problem on the American version of W3O.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bloseth

good luck, just try try try and you should find a way to change your controls
    try L(analogue) as thrust, A/B as air breaks, it makes (imo) for more reliable cornering, I loves this setup
    Thanx! I will try this!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bloseth

... and well... it didn't quite work out.

Did a little thinking, and modded the neGcon(slightly):

I heightened the A-button for me to be able to press it with the joint of my thumb while still pressing and holding the II with the tip of my thumb.

This seems to work for me at the time being

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

smart-ass Bloseth

Moddified Neggie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    bloseth

Thank you, thank you. Posted a few w3ose records yesterday. Nothing stellar, but I'm quite satisfied.

Thumbs up

Hey i did the same kinda thing with my neggie, i stuck bits of round rubber to the red buttons so they are easier to keep pressure on as i would sometimes get a cramp in my hand after a long session... still talking about wipeout here!! maybe someone should start a "pimp my neggie" thread?