Thread: Features and Changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 12

Exclamation Features and Changes

Uhh, updated the thread to match the website.

N.B. All features and changes are subject to revision. WipEout Pulse is still under development, so nothing here is concrete.

Gameplay & Visual

• Status effects - things like smoking engines, fire damage and HUD interference

• AD-HOC and Infrastructure Multiplayer modes - Single Race, Head To Head, Tournament and Eliminator.
    There is also a LAN mode which allows you to connect to a WLAN router first, to help eliminate lag

• Smoother graphics and textures

• Online Livery Editor, allowing user created content into the game. Liveries are saved and downloaded onto the memory stick for use in the game.

• Two new thrust trails appear to the right and left of the main trail behind ship when a Boost powerup or pad is utilised

• New HUD 'fish-eye' wrapping option

• HUD responds to contact with walls and weapons

• Mag-Lock sections, allowing loops and vertical sections of circuit

• Custom playlists

• FASTER!!

• EASY, MEDIUM and HARD difficulty selection in Single Player, affecting the AI, not the craft speed

• Vector class has been dropped

• 'Pack' racing - the AI now races more realistically, more like, say, a touring car race

• No replays.

Modes

• New 'Race Campaign' mode, working off a grid system - will feature a total of 80 to 85 events that are spread across all the single player modes.

• In-game Photography mode, letting you take pictures of your craft in action!

• New 'Speed Lap' mode, which is a 7 lap time attack mode. One Boost powerup per lap, as usual.

• 'RaceBox' mode, allowing you to create your own race structure and then use it

• A 'Race Campaign' grid editor is planned to be shipped with the game, so that we can create our own campaign grids and save to memory stick.

• Revamped 'Zone' mode - a blend of Fusion's and purE's where each of the standard circuits is given a 'purE Zone' graphic style overhaul. Each team now has its own zone ship design, but the change is purely cosmetic.

• Eliminator mode returns!! Base weapons will do more damage, and there are two weapons exclusive to this mode.
    - Shuriken (A crazy bomb-rocket that ricochets off walls and then explodes, heavily damaging surrounding craft
    - Repulsor (A force-field that surrounds your ship, pushing people away, then explodes outward as a shock wave causing heavy shield damage)

• Head to Head mode - A one on one race with a highly competitive AI.

Miscellaneous

• All download packs are compatible with all regions

• The 'Sleep Mode' bug appears to have been fixed in the preview code.

Circuit List

• Each track will have a 'Black Run' and a 'White Run' - simply reverse routes of each track, slightly altered with their own challenges depending on the speed class and the game mode.

In no particular order :

• Moa Therma
    • Talon's Junction
    • Metropia
    • Platinum Rush
    • Arc Prime
    • De Konstruct
    • Tech De Ra
    • The Amphiseum
    • Fort Gale
    • Basilico
    • Outpost 7
    • Vertica

Confirmed Weapon List
    • Leech Beam (NEW) Drains locked opponent's energy and makes it your own.
    • Auto-Pilot
    • Shield
    • Turbo
    • Rockets
    • Missile
    • Cannon (NEW) 30 proton shells that can be fired at once or preserved to shoot in bursts.
    • Plasma
    • Quake
    • Mines
    • Bomb
    • Shuriken (NEW) Razor sharp disk projectile - bounces from walls and ships causing damage until it detonates after a set time period.
    • Repulsor (NEW) Ring of disturbance flies from the ship, causing damage and knocking opponents off course.
    Confirmed Team List -

There is a new 'Team Loyalty' points system, which ties in to unlockable content.

• FEISAR

• AG-SYSTEMS

• QIREX

• PIRAHNA

• EG-X ( EG-R and XIOS combined)

• GOTEKI-45

• TRIAKIS

• ASSEGAI

• Auricom is to be released in a pack at a later date, as is Harimau, Icaras, and a new team, Mirage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small edit - the game (unfortunately) doesnt run at 333mHz like i thought i read somewhere. Sorry for any confusion!
    Last edited by The Gracer; 9th February 2008 at 04:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Stickied. For now. Subject to removal without notice. 8 )

The Eliminator weapons have been named, but not detailed. One is "Energy Drain" and I believe it's called Leech. One is called Shuriken, it might be the Minigun. Have a look in the interviews, the information is there.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

GAH! missed the interviews thread. Thanks, ill get right on it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Icaras will also be available as a download team, same with Mirage - recent speculation says Mirage is based somewhere in the Middle East or West Asia.

Also, Triakis isn't on the list.
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 4th July 2007 at 02:59 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Thanks RJ - i had Triakis written in my notes, but somehow it didnt make the post. Weird. Icaras has been added also.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Thanks much for doing this-- the amount of info summarized in different threads and interviews was starting to hurt my head

Overall, I think just about all of this great. Major leap forward, not only for Wipeout but more generally for arcadey racing games and portable gaming

I do have one question and one comment.

1. Is there any information about ONLINE features related to Time Trial modes, for example, leaderboards or ghost sharing?

2. I'm curious about the exclusion of replay modes, at least for Time Trial mode. IMO replays would bolster TT competition because it makes proof'ing more straightforward.