Thread: Features and Changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

In Fusion the only benefits were about 1 point of shield energy drain and a few consecutive hits would slow the target craft down. IF you could aim it properly.

Maybe the power was boosted, but I don't see the Proton Cannon in Pulse being 30 rounds of plasma. X_X

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think the mini-gun would be awesome if they work it out correctly. It has to be more damaging than in Fusion, yet not as damaging as thirty rounds of Plasma.

I also heard that IGN had trouble seeing the circuit when firing the mini-gun. It's no use destroying people if you hit a wall in turn.

That could well be deliberate so that people consider the consequences of using it. It would require more thought and strategy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I mostly absorbed the minigun. It does too little damage and causes a huge distraction from keeping your racing line. Plus, I never liked miniguns in this sort of games in the first place.

Ben

Are we still talking about the promo version? The one with the early effects?

Let's reserve judgment on the weapons - especially the cannon - until we're all playing the finished game ...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl View Post
    I mostly absorbed the minigun. It does too little damage and causes a huge distraction from keeping your racing line. Plus, I never liked miniguns in this sort of games in the first place.

Ben
    Imagine online play against asa?, I would say, might be ideal, just to annoy him

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Are we still talking about the promo version? The one with the early effects?
    We are. Then again, they hand out preview code so people can make up their mind about what they see...

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    Imagine online play against asa?, I would say, might be ideal, just to annoy him
    Would be great if the cannon distracted others as much as it dazzles your own field of view. ;-)

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

What's "no replays" supposed to mean? I mean it's not as if there were replays in Pure. Or were there?? At least not in my version... ^^

And why "still" backquake? You couldn't fire weapons backwards in Pure, not unless you'd turn around, that is. But that's not what I understand under "fire backwards" anyway.

Really looking forward to playing Pulse. What I saw on screenshots looks promising (this fish-eye-HUD looks amazing), and according to those that played the preview, framerate is much more solid than in Pure. What I think will need time to get used to though is this blur effect when turbo-ing. Can't stand those effects in racing games. Here's hoping I'll change my mind when it's used in a W'O'' game...