Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sony officially unlocks 333MHz (?!)

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yes it's a tough bit of kit is the PSP, everything fell out of it battery, memory stick, UMD but it is in good working order it better stay that way it was the green one that I need for Pulse

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

On the issue of having to reset time and date: Early versions of games (legal preview data, mind you) tend to hang up rather often, so I had to do a full restart (take out battery, put it back in) a couple of times. I never had to reSET anything. The PSP remembers time and date.

Ben

PSN ID
    infoxicated

It depends on how long you starve it of power, though - I know guys who have not charged their PSP for months and it does forget the time and date.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

^^
    That's my experience as well-- on several occassions over the last couple years I have had to re-enter the date and time, even when the PSP has been sitting for just a few weeks.

The fact that this doesn't happen when the battery is popped out suggests that it matters what the PSP's status (sleep mode, in game, etc.) is when the juice goes out-- or else, there is some sort of residual charge that allows the PSP to remember date/time but that this charge doesn't last very long.

That's how some of the electronic water valves in our greenhouse work-- if you change the batteries, you have about 30 seconds to pop in a new set before the settings are forgotten.
    Last edited by Frances_Penfold; 3rd July 2007 at 11:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Hehe, a ten seconds countdown timer while changing batteries comes to mind, telling you when you'll lose your entire PSP settings - and another one of five seconds until all your saved games will be erased. ;-)

I never had my PSP turned off for more than a few days, so I didn't know about the loss of time and date, sorry.

Btw, Rob: Those guys you know - they HAD to be punished for that!

Frances:
    The fact that this doesn't happen when the battery is popped out suggests that it matters what the PSP's status (sleep mode, in game, etc.) is when the juice goes out-- or else, there is some sort of residual charge that allows the PSP to remember date/time but that this charge doesn't last very long.
    I'm pretty sure the last is what matters. I changed batteries during various states of sleep/off/running modes.

Ben

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Are you sure? I could swear I had to do it when I took my battery off. Will confirm this though. I could've been dreaming.
    removing the battery only flushes (deletes) the data stored in RAM, date and time is *AFAIK* stored in flash mem (registry?) with the OS (fw) which has its own internal power supply - most likely a lithium ion button cell or something to that nature.

...Have you ever had the feeling that you know too much - too much for your own good even

PSN ID
    RozPT

Yeah, you guys are right. Removing the battery doesn't reset the clocks. My PSP did spend allot of time without being recharged, it must be because of that. Thanks for clearing that up.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by q_dmc12 View Post
    ...Have you ever had the feeling that you know too much - too much for your own good even
    Yes. I remember when I was casually strolling through the CIA Classified Documents room without - ooh, what's that red dot doing on my forehead?

As long as Pulse won't take an age and a half to load if you download every game pack, that's my only real concern. I have the Gamma, Delta and Classic 2 packs, and once I boot the system I have to wait roughly two minutes until the Language Selection prompt appears - I honestly thought my PSP had locked up at times. X_X