Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W'O" records

has anything happened with these records as of yet? or contacted keiran

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I came across him on DeviantArt, he said he has the PSN downloads but also said he has the PS1 version, and I've informed him that PSN version times aren't allowed...so we shall see what happens next.

Did he say what he got the times with?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

He replied saying he used the PS1 version, he apparently was already aware of the rules for the records and said he wished the zone had a records table for the PC version, lol.

So I guess the question is answered as best it may be, at present.

He posted pics of his times by the way, link here:
    http://kdn2197.deviantart.com/art/Ka...L-ver-92411050

thanks for asking him these questions, Medusa. If he would provide it, I`d still like an explanation/description of the Altima times as I can`t see where the time saving can be found. I can understand where your great NTSC times are coming from, but the PAL records seem too fast, though I could be wrong. A Negcon would be needed I`m sure. The Karbo SR times maybe are possible with a lot of turbos.

The screenshot Kieran provided doesn`t seem at all right to me and I still wonder if there is a misunderstanding here. I have the PAL disc version of the original WipEout, which I used to set my times, and the font colour used on the records page that is in the screenshot is red, not yellow. Yellow is used in the NTSC version and PSN versions, red in PAL PS1 disc. I`ve never heard of a yellow-font PAL disc version, but maybe such a thing exists.

If it does exist, I want it of course.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I wonder whether he understood me as well. I don't think I explained it as clearly as I should have, and the answer wasn't as clear as I would have liked...but what can you do. I hope he does stop by and explain here, I did ask him to.

If the font colour is wrong than that means the wrong version was used, doesn't it? The others with PAL version Wipeout discs could answer whether they've got yellow/orange font instead of red.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zackdem

Hi everybody,
    I put a lot of new singles race & lap records, but I can't barely remember the ship I used to do them: I did it 10 years ago and was almost playing with Feisar & AG sys, but can't know what ship match with what race, sorry for that.

Hi Zackdem, great to have a new WipEout player Thanks for posting, I think most of your times were probably AG Systems. I don`t think Feisar is fast enough to get some of them - I did check them out Anyway welcome to the site.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Yeah, welcome Zackdem! Nice times by the way. Yeah, I look at them even though I have no times on that table.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zackdem

Thank you guys. I just have to say that I am totally unable to do them again now. I try to play again recently but......... I'm too old for this
    I'm happy to see that some people are still interested in this good old Wipe

You`re never too old, I`m sure you would get your skills back, but it might take a while because these are quick times.

If you don`t think you can remember the ship, would you consider changing the ship to AG Systems for your times? I`m really sure that you must have used AG Sys, and if you look at your times on the tables you see almost everyone else has used it to get the fast times. I played a lot of original WipEout last year and I think it was only Arridos on Rapier where Feisar could challenge AGS, because Feisar doesn`t bump so much on that track. Excuse me for this, but I love these tables.

Anyway I hope you do get flying again, but maybe not quite as fast as before

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zackdem

Yeh for sure i'll fly again,
    with WO HD some good feelings are back but I need more time to have my old WO reflexes back & to learn the new flying technics (I mean barrel rolls and side shift are new for me, I need to pratice that to improve my times) and learn the new circuits.

medusa, is there any way you could ask kieren about his racing lines for those records, or video on youtube or something. If he is doing something different, I would really like to see it. As lunar has pointed out, we thought we had near maxed out the times, especially for TT

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I asked him to stop by the forum here and give some explanation. (I think it shows in the comments in the above link I posted?) But as lunar discovered, the picture he posted has the wrong font colour, so that can't be from the correct version, can it?

He sounds like a real fan, unfortunately if he doesn't care enough to come here to defend the times he's posted...well, it seems fishy to me.:- I'd love to be wrong.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I'm curious, what versions of the game could someone hypothetically run to get faster lap times?

Perhaps we should not publicise any cheat techniques.

I don`t think there are any secret cheat methods at all. It`s just that every version of the game is subtly different in speed. If you enter NTSC, PSN, PC, Saturn, modded console, PC-emulated or other times on PAL Playstation tables you`re not comparing like with like. You might as well have a competition in who can invent the lowest time. Not that I`m suggesting that is what has happened here, we have a screenshot. Though that screenshot doesn`t look like decent proof because of the font colour being wrong, afaik, for PAL Playstation.

Another thing that seems odd about the screenshot is why aren`t there any other times on the list under the fastest one, and it`s still the default names? I bet all WipEout players have lists that are all AAAs, or RJOs. Even if he doesn`t have a memory card, in a record attempt session wouldn`t you soon fill up the fastest times list and remove some of the default names? If real this is a very fast time, but how many people just switch on their console and break a record at the first run? Obviously that`s not proof of anything, but it all just doesn`t add up, to me, for that and other reasons including the Altima TT times themselves which require some explanation about turbo-location, necgon setup etc. He could be a dedicated player who really knows his game, but doesn`t seem to care enough to prove it anyway.

What I was attempting to get at, I guess, was that posting a genuine time that you can show a pic of, but which is entered in the tables for a different version is a cheat technique that should not be encouraged. Not that anyone needs our help in inventing ways to cheat. Some people have cheating as their greatest skill.

edit: BTW, if some [or all] of the stuff I'm saying doesn't seem to make sense, it might be because it doesn't because I've not been truly awake and alert for the last few days. [or weeks]

[or somethin']

lunar wrote "I`ve never heard of a yellow-font PAL disc version, but maybe such a thing exists."

I will check it out tonight. my guess is that this is the ntsc version put in the pal records. If it is it should be removed. I'll check all of the versions I can.

thanks Al. It would be weird if there were two different Pal PS1 versions, and I would be interested to know why. And I would want the yellow one I have two Pal copies and both are red.