Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: W'O" records

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

Default W'O" records

Did a little racing this evening and wrote down all of my (old + 2 new) records to enter into the tables. Go to enter them... dammit! I have no idea what ships I used to get those times. Except that it was never a Qirex . Doesn't really matter I suppose as I only ever played it to finish it before; I'll have all those old times beaten before long...

I pity the fool who doesn't keep meticulous WO1 notes...

Someone tell me that I've missed something obvious?

I just keep a seperate save game for each ship - then there`s nothing to write down on paper. I make sure I load the correct game depending on which ship I intend to use

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

yeah, that's a good plan...

It's actually what I do with 2097 already. Too many teams in W30 though, would need more memory cards. (Thinking of which, I'd better get a new one to do some backing up...)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

same here for 2097, i created a save for each ship ( ermm actually i only did with Ag Sys about the 1st WipEout )

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

It'd be impossible for Wipeout 3. One NEEDS to play with every ship in order to get anywhere in the game. Unless you just use the cheat code trifecta (AVINIT / JAZZNAZ / WIZZPIG) like a lazy fellow.

But back to WipEout, I just focus on a track at a time, and mutter my times out loud whilst walking to the computer so I can remember them.

It's really awesome, this table didn't exist until late '06 and already it's got quite a lot of entries!!!

Difficult post!

This is just a message for Kieran Noble the Wipeout 1 player. Could you just confirm that you`re using a PAL original Playstation format disc and an unmodified Playstation console as wipeoutzone rules state, and if so give a walkthrough as these Venom records are bloody good if legit, and I would congratulate you on them in that case.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.p...&filter=unique

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.p...ds&sub_action=

I`m not saying they aren`t legitimate and it can`t be done, and I don`t like making posts like this, but if you could give some description of racing line and turbo position I`d appreciate it, particularly for the Altima lap times. Thanks.

I'd like to see that as well. Lunar spent multiple days on that specific track(karbonis), and the lap time is two seconds faster. It might be good to show a video, because that time does not seem right. The other ones aren't completely off the map, but once again lunar spent muchos times on those.

The Karbo lap is in SR, so could be done but might need up to three turbos. But I usually find SR laps are slower than TT no matter how you play, so I`m not sure about that. I don`t think that lap time could be done in TT.

His Altima times are a long way ahead of Enrique Lopez and me. Enrique`s Pal venom times are very tough to beat, just as tough as the ones on the NTSC tables. Enrique`s times are always consistent with mine, in that when he beats me I can see how he`s done it, and if I try to beat him back I know what I have to do (but can`t always do it ). Kieran`s times just don`t seem to fit a pattern, and his times are a bit inconsistent, so I don`t know if he`s playing PSN or PC or something else. Don`t want to sound like a sore loser, I`m not, it`s just much easier with people we know or when someone else is doing times that you can see how it`s done, even if you can`t do it.

It`s always good to have new Wipeout 1 players around though, and I don`t want to rush into turning threads this way.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Question: Is the PSN version of WipeOut allowed on these records, or is it too different from a PS1 version?

The record rules seem to say we should use a disc. I don`t think PSN versions should be allowed. My PSN version runs very differently to my PS1 disc, has a different frame rate and looks very different too. I don`t think we could guarantee they are running the same, and it only takes a tenth either way to make it unbalance the records on many tracks. Karbonis and others are very tight indeed. Maybe because there are no ninja shortcuts, glitches or tricks, Wipeout 1 times seem to be very close and software/hardware differences could mean a lot. And it`s easy to get hold of an original disc if someone really wants to compete.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

The record system here is only for games run on a Playstation 1, the PSN version is definitely not equivalent.

Lunar's a pretty good judge of WO1 times, I'm sure he's right about something being strange about those times, and PSN WO1 is likely the answer.

Although if there's a way to do those races that fast, I'd definitely want to know what it is as well! 8 )

WZ records must be set with the disc playing on the console; both console and disc must be the same region code. PSN downloaded games would require a separate records table. [And BTW, no PC/computer version times are valid for the records.]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Ok that's what I thought.
    But I wouldn't say it's 'easy' to get an original PS1 WO disc. At least not for me... :/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Check the used game stores. I've seen a couple of them around. Pawn shops are also good places to look. They're not easy to find, but if you look you shall receive! 8 )

sorry Xavier, I meant Ebay for getting Wipeout 1 copies and that`s not always easy. I didn`t mean that your local store would have one - a long shot at best.

There used to be a player here called Drakkenmensch, also from Montreal I think, and he was lucky enough to find a long-box Wipeout 1 in a second hand store, IIRC. I would search for the thread and picture, but I`m at work and should do some!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Wipeout 1 is dead easy to find on eBay (the one I found a few weeks ago was longbox). 3SE is downright difficult on the other hand.

- F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 17th September 2008 at 02:04 PM.

"This is just a message for Kieran Noble the Wipeout 1 player. Could you just confirm that you`re using a PAL original Playstation format disc and an unmodified Playstation console as wipeoutzone rules state, and if so give a walkthrough as these Venom records are bloody good if legit, and I would congratulate you on them in that case.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.p...&filter=unique

I`m not saying they aren`t legitimate and it can`t be done, and I don`t like making posts like this, but if you could give some description of racing line and turbo position I`d appreciate it, particularly for the Altima lap times. Thanks."

It has been about 6 days since this post with no reply. I have seen records posted for woxl by kieren in that time period, so I was wondering if you could answer this question for lunar since he spent so much time on this game. Lunar, have you sent a PM? I posted a talon's time below, and there are more like this, where kieren is in 26th place. Sure, this may be a single run on 2097, but is seems with the MUCH harder difficulty in WO1, that TALONS would be a cinch. I wonder if it is the Download wipeout (which I think is based on the Ntsc version.)

Arnaud Senand France Piranha 1:00:70
    2 Pierluigi Alemanno Italy Piranha 1:01:00
    3 mo Evans United Kingdom Piranha 1:01:20
    4 Al Sartwell USA Piranha 1:01:20
    5 Steven Hunter United Kingdom Piranha 1:01:30
    6 Stéphane Cellier France Piranha 1:01:60
    7 Clint Johnston Australia Piranha 1:03:30
    8 Michael Kracke Germany Piranha 1:03:80
    9 Thorsten Markgraf Germany Piranha 1:03:80
    10 Jerome Smedt France Piranha 1:03:90
    11 Guillaume Samoyeau France Piranha 1:04:30
    12 Jonathon Skipper New Zealand Piranha 1:04:50
    13 Cormier Vincent France Piranha 1:05:50
    14 Stephen McMullan United Kingdom Piranha 1:05:80
    15 Jared Denman Australia Piranha 1:06:00
    16 Patrice PAYET France Piranha 1:06:70
    17 Sarah Denman Australia Piranha 1:07:20
    18 Thierry Mathieu Luxembourg Piranha 1:07:40
    19 Thierry Mathieu Luxembourg Piranha 1:07:40
    20 Andy Rainford United Kingdom Piranha 1:07:60
    21 Benjamin Schmaedig Germany Qirex 1:07:70
    22 David Elhaïk France Piranha 1:08:00
    23 John Connelly United Kingdom Piranha 1:08:00
    24 Richard Lampitt United Kingdom Piranha 1:09:00
    25 Stephen Isles United Kingdom Qirex 1:09:20
    26 KIEREN NOBLE 1:09.80
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 21st September 2008 at 02:59 PM.

Is Noble a member of the forums or just on the records tables?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I ve checked the members forum list : KDN ( Kieran Noble) has not registered yet.

How can we contact him in that way ? ( i remember this kind of situation a year ago but no solution has been found except by Rob)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I can appreciate the fact that some people may be less than honest and try to cheat to get faster times, or just enter in faster numbers in general... but isn't it kinda mean to be imediately skeptical of someone when their times are right near the top of the list? It's like, godforbid there's another person in the world who's ridiculously good at these games and who DIDN'T know WipeoutZone existed until just now.

I'd hang back until you can get some kind of response, but don't jump down their throat. :/