Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on an editor? Skin sharing? Liveries?

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

Default Thoughts on an editor? Skin sharing? Liveries?

Whats all your thought on releasing a PC track editor to make pulse tracks after the initial download packs are finished?

I know the packs provide extra content, but the game will last so much longer if you could get EVEN more tracks!

Especially since some of the fan work around here (particularly some 3d stuff) is so awesome and i think that some computer skills and alot of dedication to Wipeout would give some really nice results that would look good and be challenging for us to play

What do you think?

Side note:
    Does any one know or also wish that the custom skins could be shared?
    (online tourneys with real teams )

custom ship skins can be shared

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

AWESOME!!!
    Can you disclose any details of the skin editor at all? such as how much detail you can go into etc or not yet?

This will be so good for online play!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Awesome. Can't wait for custom craft that make the ships look like billboards, just like real-life F1/NASCAR/any form of motorsport ever XD

Red Bull, Coke, Puma AG, SanDisk, Sony PSP, Senor Cardgage Mortgage, Roybertito's...I can go on....
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 20th June 2007 at 12:51 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Was that sarcasm???

PHP Code:
    Can't wait for custom craft that make the ships look like billboards, just like real-life F1/NASCAR/any form of motorsport ever XD 
    Just wondering. I always loved the fact that Wipeout ships didn't have advertising plastered all over them, they were advertising their team, period. It's part of what seemed to pull me into the future, when sport would not be dictated by the mass media's hype over consumer products, constantly brainwashing us poor souls into thinking items aren't good enough unless they carry brand name power (of ie. Rothman's, Adidas, MasterCard "you can be indebted to us for life for free!", etc.).

I do love the idea of custom skins. Pulls me back to the stories of Manfred von Richtofen, Jagdeschwader 1...personal pilot symbols so you can curse the guy personally as he blasts past you...not that purple bunny again!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Yes it was sarcasm.

I don't like the idea of ad-plastered AG racers. Cokestyle and Puma I & II (er, Al-Vaskei and Quantax) were hopefully one-shots.

Keep the corporate exposure where it belongs - in the form of Red Bull and Sony billboards around the track!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think we should get someone to design a WipeoutZone livery, so when infrastructure time comes, other people will know we are a force to be reckoned with (Except if it's DMC flying )! Leave a little spot to put our username though.
    Last edited by rdmx; 20th June 2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: You rock DMC :)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Aren't all the respectable pilots part of the wozone community anyway?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Maybe there could be a little WZ livery design *cough*competition*cough*...?

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

yeah thatll be really good to indentify regular pilots etc

a WOZ one would definetly rock, or just a symbol to put on all our own

You know all those games that allow destruction of buildings and landscape by the weapons? Well, I don't want to go that far, but I sure would love to blast corporate billboards.

sigh, I remember when race cars had nothing on them but one or two colours and the racing numbers. It was beautiful. [another ''Good Ol' Days'' [copyrighted] moment brought to you by the old fogey.] Now your senses are not just used, they're abused.

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

do you think rollcage stage II had the right amount of destruction?
    although it would be cool, i think it would also feel out of place, arnt alot of teams sponsored in wipeout by corperations? <even though theyre not plasted with ads>

oh god, imagine wipeout craft looking like Nascars *shudders*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

They have sponsors on their crafts, just not that plastered.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

While I would not like to see it in Wipeout I like it in NASCAR makes each car stand out and most look cool. 43 cars with 2 colors each and a number is a bit bland. Of course when it all boils down to it I love NASCAR for the racing so doesn't really matter.

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

//Sausehuhn
    true (isnt that weird if theyre going 600mph, who's going to see?) maybe its a tactic! your getting over taken, pilot looks at your craft, gets redbull cravings or whatever and crashes oh, where did you get that pic too?

//rapier racer
    yeah it does kinda look cool in Nascar, except when you notice what some of them are actually advertising, i also find it interesting sometimes (yeah sorry, the crashes are the best bit if no ones hurt)

Well, if you're NASCAR and you only have one racing chassis, I guess you have to do something superficial to make it seem as though there were at least a few different ones.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Red Bull FEISAR: It gives you wings but still gets outstripped by Goteki!

I think the only skin projects I have in mind are just small tweaks, for my own use of course, so that I can add my characters' names to the side of the craft. Other than that, not much really.

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

well that sounds kewl maybe we could all make our own small logos for the craft, and use them here as our avatars?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

[...] Pulling away from the game itself, Sony will be launching a website soon that will let you customise the paint jobs of any of the ships using a brilliant 3D flash-based tool.

You'll be able to zoom right in on the ship and edit its shell with pixel-for-pixel accuracy, then store them on your PC for transfer to your PSP - and you'll be able to do this before the game is even released.

[...] We're yet to see all of this online stuff in action, but the site is pencilled in for an August launch, ahead of the game's September release, and it sounds like it could set new standards for inline integration into handheld games.

get the full article!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Oh my, that sounds great. The question is now though, do I want to tamper with my precious Assegai? Course I do I was thinking of making it red and black with a hint of gold, taking it to the dark side of AG racing lol