Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse Preview Code Impressions!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

haha, I can confirm that turning around and firing a quake backwards STILL WORKS. I did that with the first (and only) quake I have got so far I'm quite sure it works with all the weapons.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I like the WO3 flatness of the ships, it brings back that word - "nostalgic"

Sounds awesome with the physics and acceleration. Really looking foward to it now. I'd really like the quake hitting when you are above it to be gone and the wuss wagon to be a little more lenient

Please don't lock the game at 266 or whatever speed. And if possible, don't require firmware xxx to run it. that is more than annoying, Especially with the ps3

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Thumbs up

WO3 flatness? No way, they're definitely flatter than that!
    These are the flattest ships I've seen. They really look like something that's supposed to be flying through the air, and not supposed to contact the ground.
    I'm surprised by how much I like it!

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Please don't lock the game at 266 or whatever speed.
    Actually, 266 might just be enough to compensate for the framerate dip - most if not all psp games are locked at 222 MHz by default.

Euw! I go to your site and, rather than Wipeout pictures, I get a bloody finger? Yikes!

The pics are great (the Wipeout ones, not the bloody finger). Goteki's colour is really odd - it's like a mix of Goteki and Icaras, but I love the WO3-inspired shape. Task is right, these are really flat! I love the designs. Qirex in particular looks fantastic, as does Assegai. Piranha still looks like a shoe but I'll get over that. Even EG-X, the bastard son of Fusion, looks pretty nice.

Great stuff! Thanks for the pics! But not so much for the bloody finger.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Just seeing all the nice words and pictures posted by eLhabib just now!!! This is really of the hook everything is just looking so smooth and superb! Yes I am one of those sreaming:"ME ME ME" Sorry can't help it, but I have to test it myself of course. Just like everyone else here is gonna say that!

Thanks mate for these updates and previews of this amazing game that will bring us all even closer!!!!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    And if possible, don't require firmware xxx to run it. that is more than annoying, Especially with the ps3
    Personally, I hope it requires the highest possible version of the firmware - and one that that asshole Dark Alex cant crack.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Love the ships' flatness too. And EG.X looks amazing (also: check eL's video: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3928 ). It looks like FEISAR's chubby brother... which, strange as it may sound, turns out splendid (EG.X's stats and looks may very well make it my new team of choice while I wait for Icaras to come out )

All in all the looks of Pulse are so very... compact, and solid. Really lovely.

As long as the highest firmware runs at 333, thats fine with me.

Such things are not in the hands of the dev team but in the hands of Sony HQ

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Visual damage?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

haven't noticed any...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Hope it stays that way I hated the visual damage its dirty and nasty and not Wipeout

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Awesome thread-- thanks for taking the time to give the impressions (and thanks to SL for sending out the preview!)

Here are some questions, though I am first to admit that the demo version may not be the best basis to answer:

1. Does the game handle "sleep" mode? One frustration with Pure was that sleep mode frequently glitched the game out or caused an outright crash for the PSP.

2. Does the game have ghosts for Time Trial mode, and if so, are they lap or race ghosts? I'd sure love to have full race ghosts rather than the lap ghosts!

3. Is there any indication of a replay mode for Time Trials? I'd sure love to have a replay mode for being able to compare racing strategies with other Wipeout fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    ....the visual damage its dirty and nasty and not Wipeout
    Yep.

`

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Personally, I hope it requires the highest possible version of the firmware - and one that that asshole Dark Alex cant crack.
    ooh, there really is a war between Sony and the hackers

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Angry "Don't make me steamroll you. Steamroller! "

I wonder why Auricom has been cut from the roster. Not that I am a big fan of theirs. As you can see, you guys know were I have pledged my allegiance too

Two reasons why this (the exclusion of one of the founding teams in Wipeout) bugs me are :

(1) Half of the team is from Canada (Or at least from the F3600 days.)
    (2) Once piloted by the beautiful Pascale Rouser

I guess they'll (Auricom) be downloadable. Was their design more of the same with the rest of the ships? That would be my only other guess.

Any ways, all kidding aside let me say thanks eLhabib for the previews. Really looking forward to this. These crumbs of info are actually satisfying my hunger for this game. Which shouldn't be the case. However, there's way more details coming out for this game that I cannot eat it all up.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Auricom has been confirmed as a download team. They have even been seen in the first six screenshots.

You're also forgetting that Arial Tetsuo, Ana Cherovoski, and Natasha Belmondo (pre-Fusion timeline) raced for Auricom.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

"Don't make me steamroll you. Steamroller! "

LOL, Goo-loogoogoogoogoogoogoo! Goo-loogoogoogoogoogoogwho!

Uhmm, right Auricom - Go North America!