Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse Preview Code Impressions!

Does pitch control bring you higher off the track on the flat sections like wipeout 3? how is the acceleration?

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Are there extra sparkles or such in those parts of mag-strips where there is need for extra force to keep crafts to the track? Like when going full speed to a tight drop.

Is it possible to detach from the track in said sections if there is enough speed and multiple crafts at a time?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

IAm I right that you still enjoy Assegai as your craft of choice, Martin? So it has stayed more or less the Pure-Assegai in terms of handling.
    That would be nice, because I take Assegai for me too (in Pure) and EG.X has same stats in terms of handling.

That way the switch back to my beloved team won't be too complicated

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

EG-X looks like a tosser - in future development, they could try and add two more points to the speed, handling, or shield - something feels a bit off with the EG-SMF1.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I think it's fairly balanced. Well of course a lil more characterization is always welcome but I'm liking what I see.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Does pitch control bring you higher off the track on the flat sections like wipeout 3? how is the acceleration?
    Yes - the dynamics have been re-done, so pulling back lifts you and pushing forward drops the ride height. The acceleration is way faster than Pure - that was one of the first things I beat Colin up about when Pulse was given the green light. That and his hair cut.

says the guy with the blue hair....

regarding difficulty

the preview code is deliberately easy for two reasons

1) the people it was mainly going to need to now get stuck
    2) the difficulty was still being played with when it was done, in fact its still being mucked around with now, the aim is to make the HARD as hard as we can whilst passing QA, meaning provided one person can complete it, when it is in test, then thats fine.

Also the easy will be easy, to the point where most on here will do it eyes shut, Easy is designed for people not just new to the psp, but also new to wipeout and even to race games, its designed for people who as of yet havent built up any skills.. ok.. in short its designed for Foxxy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

rofl
    well if the HARD setting only needs to be completed by one person to pass QA, let it be tweaked by Arnaud

concerning the acceleration - I haven't really noticed a big improve there (but it never bothered me in purE), that only really matters in the slower speed classes (or flower speed classes, as they say ) I guess...

@Max: yes, the Assegai handles pretty much exactly like in purE (thankfully), the EG-X is quite similar, too, but has a little more bite to it - might become my new ride of choice once I get used to it (and it looks fab!)

now that it's dark enough to avoid reflections, I will try and take some pics of the menues and the ship select screen.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

lmao
    MArtin you cheeky blighter !
    I envy you matey for playing this new incredible game
    Thx a lot for your review & pics

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'll do my best to provide you with as much info as you are craving for
    Last edited by eLhabib; 18th June 2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: sorry again Rob and Colin

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm loving the look of this so far, and it's only the preview build! I've also got something I can use to put together a template for the guide now, I'd like to get that done as soon as possible after release.

If I am honest I would guess my boss and sony marketing would frown on the preview code being passed around, but I can check this week.

If I just say 'yeah no problem' likelihood is I'll get in trouble somehow...
    Last edited by Colin Berry; 18th June 2007 at 09:07 AM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

You know where to come if you need anyone to test the Hard mode AI later on though

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    ok.. in short its designed for Foxxy.
    Ooooh, ouch - even I felt that one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Teams update! Go check out pictures from the ship select screen (which I took with my digicam, but the quality turned out quite OK) on my games blog - www.eLhabib.at

enjoy!
    Last edited by eLhabib; 18th June 2007 at 11:23 AM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Wow, the Qirex has gone back to the old design. In fact, it looks almost identical to Puma 2!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I don't know if you can answer this one its a little specific, quakes, do they still smash your ship even if you are 100000000 feet in the air, off the track, no where near the ground, with the birdies etc lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

in case I will be hit by a quake while in midair (chances are slim, only saw 2 quakes in total so far), I will let you know the answer to that

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Oh one last thing about quakes, I hear it is not possible to turn your ship around and fire it backwards, can you confirm that? Also is it possible to turn your ship around and fire ANY weapon the wrong way?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

As ASA way?, which I`m hope not in near future!

stevie